First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Lithium is flammable when exposed to air. If those cells crack or break open, that’s all it will take to ignite.

reason 7473 why electric vehicles are a gimmick
Oxygen creates the environment for just about anything to burn. In the case of lithium you're probably thinking about water.
Sponsored

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're just as dead when incinerated by a gas or battery fire, driving is dangerous, we slaughtered over 36,000 in 2019, last year for hard numbers.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Funny how folks want to bash electric vehicles without knowing much about them. They take a few 'talking points' to continue bashing without really looking into whether there is any merit to them.

If you don't want an electric vehicle, just don't buy one. Why do you feel the need to tear something else down just to bolster your position? I'm buying a Bronco because I want one. It is not the best vehicle made but it is the best for me. That is all I need. Oh and my wife's next vehicle will probably be all electric. Why? Because it will fit our use. Will it be the best vehicle made? No but it will be the best for us.

The stone throwing can stop any time your arm gets tired.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lab00Rat

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
stop promoting junk on the forum!!! This article is from six months ago. The only delay is chip shortage.

Hilarious, so is the original post...

smh

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You're just as dead when incinerated by a gas or battery fire, driving is dangerous, we slaughtered over 36,000 in 2019, last year for hard numbers.
Wait, what, slaughtered?

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Oxygen creates the environment for just about anything to burn. In the case of lithium you're probably thinking about water.
Yes. The definition of combustion (i.e. fire): requires three elements; Heat, Fuel, and Oxygen.

Sponsored

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"About 174,000 vehicle fires were reported in the United States in 2015, the most recent year for which statistics are available from the National Fire Protection Association. Virtually all of those fires involved gasoline powered cars. That works out to about one every three minutes.

Tesla claims that gasoline powered cars are about 11 times more likely to catch fire than a Tesla. It says the best comparison is fires per 1 billion miles driven. It says the 300,000 Teslas on the road have been driven a total of 7.5 billion miles, and about 40 fires have been reported. That works out to five fires for every billion miles traveled, compared to a rate of 55 fires per billion miles traveled in gasoline cars." https://money.cnn.com/2018/05/17/news/companies/electric-car-fire-risk/index.html

There have been an estimated 80 electric car fires in 10 years VS. 1.74 MILLION gasoline car fires in the same period. Granted, as more electric cars are sold and driven, there will be more incidents involving electric and we will have more data to determine if electric cars are actually unsafe. Currently, the data does not support that.

I guess car fires involving gas-powered cars just aren't news worthy.
Thank you for this, BUT....did they consider stolen vehicles that were burned by the thieves to also be a car fire?? Your NFPA link gives a 404 Error so I couldn't tell. My only point is that many ICE cars may have died in a Fire that was intentional. My Dad's 1972 Ford truck spontaneously burst into flames in our driveway when I was about 12 years old, so I know it CAN happen. I have also ran across at least 10 vehicles in the woods that were obviously stolen and burned.

Deleted member 3063

AP, 1 hour ago
Hyundai is recalling more than 390,000 vehicles in the U.S. and Canada for two problems that can cause engine fires. In one recall, owners are being told to park their vehicles outdoors until repairs are made.

GarageMahal

Outer Banks
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mercury Marauder
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m hoping for a hybrid diesel electric combo
Nothing beats a locomotive! Been thinking this would be a great solution for a very long time; a diesel running at peak efficiency connected to a generator to charge the battery as needed and all propulsion delivered by electric motors.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Duh. Ford struggles getting a new ICE vehicle out the door...and they have 100 years experience with those. The last thing the Dearborn boys need is a new science project

NotaVegetarian

Badlands
First Name
Nota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco, 1979 Bronco, F250 Super Crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nothing beats a locomotive! Been thinking this would be a great solution for a very long time; a diesel running at peak efficiency connected to a generator to charge the battery as needed and all propulsion delivered by electric motors.
That would be perfect! If they actually build an electric version, may get one just to drop a diesel generator in. That would be a fun project. Just think another range you could get, run on batteries until they start to get low, fire up the gen and never slow down. The electric motors do all the pushing the gen is just there to top the batteries off. I’m guessing 2 maybe 3 hundred miles to the gallon of diesel. May have to order a electric cyber truck to test on
Sponsored