BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For what it is worth, the Rockslide Engineering steps use a similar magnet type switch and I have not had a problem with them accidently deploying while off-roading over some fairly large rocks. However, my magnet switch is mounted on the door sill (see red circle below) and they include a rocker switch (red light by the kick panel) to disable the steps if needed.

Ford Bronco Electric Side Steps installed 1643233182260
Sponsored

ColbyLang

Outer Banks
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sierra Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Reason I’m looking for them is to cover the pinch weld between the body of the truck and the factory boards that came on our OBX. I can put Ford’s Body Armor, but can’t re-mount factory boards if we do that. Hate seeing the weld between the rocker panel and the running board. Hopefully they cover this completely when folded. They don’t cover it 100% on Jeeps

kahunabob

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For what it is worth, the Rockslide Engineering steps use a similar magnet type switch and I have not had a problem with them accidently deploying while off-roading over some fairly large rocks. However, my magnet switch is mounted on the door sill (see red circle below) and they include a rocker switch (red light by the kick panel) to disable the steps if needed.

Ford Bronco Electric Side Steps installed 1643233182260
I had rockslide engineering sides on my Jeep. They are beefy! They are really designed to take a hit on the rocks! But...I am going amp research on my Bronco (when they are released). The reason for amp research? The RSE steps stick out pretty far on the side of the vehicle. I am looking for a more discreet look and I do not plan to run my bronco on the rocks. Also, the RSE I had on my jeep needed to be constantly reset. I had a LJ (2 door). The RSE steps would deploy 99.99% of the time as expected when the driver's door would open. But on the passenger door...they would only deploy about 80% of the time (requiring a reset). It may be because the passenger side was not used on a regular basis? RSE did not have an explanation for me...wanted me to purchase a new module...really? On $2K plus steps!

Lastly, the set on my Jeep made a loud 'clunking' sound when they closed. Other than that they were great. I like how the Amp Research tuck under and cover the seams on the bottom of the bromco.

BLMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Ultimate Wrangler and two other normal cars
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What I am gathering from this thread is that if you want electric steps do Amp or the OPs solution once they find out manufacture of step. If you want electric steps AND sliders, do RSE?

kahunabob

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What I am gathering from this thread is that if you want electric steps do Amp or the OPs solution once they find out manufacture of step. If you want electric steps AND sliders, do RSE?
I agree with your statement. 100%

Sponsored

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the factory Amp Research steps on my F150 and the RSE's on my Bronco and would offer up the following pros/cons

RSE Pros:
1. Functional rock rail/slider
2. Provide protection from rocks thrown from front tires
3. Protection from p-lot door dings (unless parked next to jacked up bro dozer)
4. Rail acts as a static step

RSE cons:
1. Make a ka-chunk noise when closing
2. Have to be reset every so often (a matter of toggling the switch on/off)
3. Pricey
4. Step seems flimsy but is very rigid
5. Knock off version available for cheaper that is not rock rail rated

Amp research pros:
1. Quieter
2. Clean look
3. Larger step
4. Well built looking

Amp research cons:
1. Not a rock rail / slider
2. No protection from rocks door dings
3. Probably gonna be pricey (although OP's version are cheaper)

OP
OP

uae247

Badlands
First Name
Shihab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Cactus Grey Bronco Badlands 4 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just checked and it is a Chinese manufacturer. The dealer does not have a name just said a Chinese brand 🙄.

From my experience with my wrangler JL, never had an issue and they are pretty quiet.

RSE look to bulky to me and I don't like the shape of the step. Other option would be to get the Bronco Raptor side steps and call it a day.

kahunabob

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have the factory Amp Research steps on my F150 and the RSE's on my Bronco and would offer up the following pros/cons

RSE Pros:
1. Functional rock rail/slider
2. Provide protection from rocks thrown from front tires
3. Protection from p-lot door dings (unless parked next to jacked up bro dozer)
4. Rail acts as a static step

RSE cons:
1. Make a ka-chunk noise when closing
2. Have to be reset every so often (a matter of toggling the switch on/off)
3. Pricey
4. Step seems flimsy but is very rigid
5. Knock off version available for cheaper that is not rock rail rated

Amp research pros:
1. Quieter
2. Clean look
3. Larger step
4. Well built looking

Amp research cons:
1. Not a rock rail / slider
2. No protection from rocks door dings
3. Probably gonna be pricey (although OP's version are cheaper)
I think you hit all of the points.

I thought I got a bad batch with the resetting, but it looks like you have to reset your RSE every now and then. Also, the powder coating on my set were getting bad after a couple of years. A lot sooner then expected. I powder coat stuff all the time, usually stays pretty pristine unless it is damaged.

How is the powder coat holding up on your RSE?

Giordiesel

Wildtrak
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
RSE look to bulky to me and I don't like the shape of the step. Other option would be to get the Bronco Raptor side steps and call it a day.
[/QUOTE]

I like Raptor Side Steps as well, they look like a regular rock rail with a bolt on step... perfect, take 'em off when you need to, I wonder when they'll be available?

Sponsored

hollapm

First Edition
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition, 2021 Ranger, 2024 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If anyone finds a way to read the CAN bus, or tap into the Amp controller that would be super helpful. The ranger controller may work for the bronco, (amp said that ranger and bronco are same adapter). I don't like the magnetic switches and would love a more factory integration!

puckett_jw

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 F250 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have the RSE on my Bronco (https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/installed-rock-slide-engineering-step-slider.43841/) & the AMP's on my F250, and I completely agree with BlueBronco's assessment. All-in-all, the AMP boards are definitely more "polished". They are a step first & foremost, whereas the RSE is a rockslide first & a step second.

I am glad to have the extended coverage from flying rocks that the RSE provides. I have only had them installed for about 2 weeks & I don't drive my bronco much (really don't drive much with all of the WFH stuff & it being a spare/fun vehicle), but I have had 0 issues having to reset my boards.

The other feature/option that the RSE has that I am not sure about the AMP is that I have the door delete kit, so there is an easy-to-access button to extend the steps under the seats, so when you have the doors off, you have manual access to the steps. I would check to see if the AMP's have something like that.

Last edited:

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Transit Connect & 2007 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m going with AMPs on our Badlands. I had them on my Ram for over 15 years and never had a single issue. I don’t care about it not being a full blown rock slider. I’ll never get my Bronco that crazy rock crawling. Plus, I love the clean look of the AMPs. The RSE steps are bad ass though.

Richterman

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, Superduty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

RSE are beefy. You can have 2 steps they way they stick out. Which can be helpful if you have a rack. Also they prevent some of the rocks flying from the tires from hitting the door and getting paint chips. RSE all the way

puckett_jw

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 F250 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

RSE are beefy. You can have 2 steps they way they stick out. Which can be helpful if you have a rack. Also they prevent some of the rocks flying from the tires from hitting the door and getting paint chips. RSE all the way
They are beefy. I got the optional skids too, so that doubles the steel.
Sponsored