555-RGNE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Basequatch 2dr 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Had a thread awhile back about this. Definitely critical to find the balance point of the top. Also you’ll want a safety catch just in case for some reason your lift were to fail. Especially if you park your bronco under it like I do lol.

D5FCE1F4-44BD-41EF-914A-86D0CB9633C2.jpeg

91309352-9FE9-42A6-9BC4-8E5CADC3F92D.jpeg

69D4252F-07C8-4291-A431-63C97263448D.jpeg
How long are the straps that wrap the top? 10' or 12'? And I'm assuming the shorter loop strap is 1'?
Sponsored

DaveR5658

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These are all great ideas but IMO, I would not leave it suspended for any length of time due to weatherstrips developing a memory from the straps...if I do anything like this I will have a rolling cart to set it on once its off.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Great setup!

I need that wheel barrel cart! Currently all I have is a 2-stroke radio flyer.

Speaking of which, you selling that radio flyer? I could use another for a dancing platform trailer!

Sponsored

Hooch

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
For you folks that have done this, do you think there would be any advantage to ordering the roof rack / cross bars to secure the lift straps to? Or maybe the roof weighs too much to be secured by the roof rack? Love the ingenuity, folks.
Dumb question on my part......remembered the front of the rack is mounted to the windshield frame, not the roof.

Gulley13

Wildtrak
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer, 1996 Ford Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Video?

Bo-Ronco

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 KR F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

TXAG96

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Bullitt, '01 Boxster, '87 TBird Turbo Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Spare parts from my First Robotics mentoring days. Uses a 12vdc power supply to run a small vacuum pump that is plumbed to the four suction cups. In theory, should support over 400 lbs.

BroncoTopLift.jpeg
I like it....I'd be concerned about the not smooth texture of the MIC top and keeping the seal. Probably would be best suited to lift the top off, move the bronco and lower to the floor/cart.
Definitely has potential.

BNBad

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like it....I'd be concerned about the not smooth texture of the MIC top and keeping the seal. Probably would be best suited to lift the top off, move the bronco and lower to the floor/cart.
Definitely has potential.
I agree with not keeping the seal. My intent was only to remove the top and lower it to the floor.

xpathf1nderx

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thats a nice setup. Couple of things I have experienced in the past, that you may want to watch. The strap compression on the door seals and top seals can deform the seals, causing more wind noise and water leakage. Just keep an eye on it, especially if it is hanging for long periods of time.

I used suction cups on the windows, with safety tethers in the event suction cup lets go, it wont go anywear. Been like this since April in an unconditioned shop....suction cups are holding fine.
I lift the top one corner at a time, a few inches at a time, and "walk" it up to the height I want. I have degenerative back disease and can still do this incrementally without breaking the back. This setup I am doing does not depress any seals or gaskets.

Ford Bronco Electric top hoist for garage - my solution PXL_20220506_160840427.MP