First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think there is a perfect solution for those of us who seek an extinguisher that is effective, portable, leaves no residue, and is immune to interior temps. The Element extinguisher, which is from Italy, has no moving parts, is unpressurized, and has far more discharge time than the typical automotive extinguishers. It uses potassium nitrate to interrupt the chain of combustion. To activate it, you just pop the top cap off, pull the bottom cap off, and use the bottom cap as a striker to ignite the top end of the extinguisher. The aerosolized potassium nitrate is discharged for approximately 50 seconds. You can wedge it in a door or under a hood and walk away and the discharge is not toxic. The product headquarters is in Canada, and the sales contact, Mark, can be reached at 949-242-9867. The extinguisher comes in 2 sizes, and with a plastic mount (a rubber one is avaialble). You can fit either size under your seat or in the glove box, and the larger size can mount to pretty much wherever you want. Highly recommended!

20220330_153452.jpg
20220330_153501.jpg
20220330_153535.jpg
20220330_153544.jpg
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have one of these in my Bronco. Love how compact it is. Bit pricey, but worth it for peace of mind. Hopefully it's never needed!

This video sold me on it:

Solfive

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have these in my rzr and plan to do the same in the Bronco. The ability to mount/store them within reach of occupants, while belted in the seat, was a big concern for me in vehicles where rollover isn’t out of the realm of possibility.

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Best around. Now the people who still hate the invention of fire and the wheel will come to disagree.

Sponsored

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The ability to mount/store them within reach of occupants, while belted in the seat, was a big concern for me in vehicles where rollover isn’t out of the realm of possibility.
I might grab some of these for the club planes, that's outstanding

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

most likely what I'll be getting, except that a recent video has me a bit concerned, was a demonstration to compare regular and this one and the fireman had to get really close to their puddle of burning gas or what it was, the reach was nowhere near of what a small regular extinguisher would do. It almost looked like a malfunction to me, if you have to get to a foot or so of a fire, add wind and sparks, not a good scenario.

I don't care about the cost and really like that these are small and out of the way, not some ugly big tank hanging around somewhere, but have to do some more research before I buy.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll stick to the old-school version.

that was the video I saw, concerning for sure. Add a bit of wind and you're not gonna want to get that close and it took way longer to kill the fire, but the test does seem a bit flawed in their setup.

Before I buy any (never had one in any vehicle) I'll do some more research. Sadly they're a bit too expensive to "just try one".

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The way I look at it, the most common scenario with a vehicle fire would be in the engine bay. So the Element extinguisher could just be thrown in there, and hopefully even closing the hood over it, and let it do the work.

I also like the infinite shelf life and compact size.

I guess the best option would be to carry at least one of each kind on board, then you’ve got the bases covered.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Mine arrive tomorrow. My concern with traditional fire extinguishers is them blowing up inside a hot vehicle in the summer. I live in LA. And their size and weight. I plan to run one by drivers seat front, and one in the back when the tailgate is open for camp or cook fire accidents.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I think there is a perfect solution for those of us who seek an extinguisher that is effective, portable, leaves no residue, and is immune to interior temps. The Element extinguisher, which is from Italy, has no moving parts, is unpressurized, and has far more discharge time than the typical automotive extinguishers. It uses potassium nitrate to interrupt the chain of combustion. To activate it, you just pop the top cap off, pull the bottom cap off, and use the bottom cap as a striker to ignite the top end of the extinguisher. The aerosolized potassium nitrate is discharged for approximately 50 seconds. You can wedge it in a door or under a hood and walk away and the discharge is not toxic. The product headquarters is in Canada, and the sales contact, Mark, can be reached at 949-242-9867. The extinguisher comes in 2 sizes, and with a plastic mount (a rubber one is avaialble). You can fit either size under your seat or in the glove box, and the larger size can mount to pretty much wherever you want. Highly recommended!

Ford Bronco Element Fire Extinguisher 8DCEC38B-017D-4D1B-B84C-7FB5499D6FB2
Just so we're all on the same page, and since your post sounds like you're advertising their product, would you be so kind as to clearly outline if you have any connection to this company either monetarily or otherwise, or an entirely unrelated party?

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just so we're all on the same page, and since your post sounds like you're advertising their product, would you be so kind as to clearly outline if you have any connection to this company either monetarily or otherwise, or an entirely unrelated party?
Absolutely! I learned about the product on this forum, and have no connection whatsoever to the company or the product. I am a little OCD when it comes to research, and as you know there are LOTS of opinions about pretty much EVERYthing out there (even in this forum). What sold me, even at the higher price than whatever Amazon is selling, is having some experience with fires while in the military and as a civilian and figuring out that it is very much about seeking benefits versus risks. The video several folks linked to was shot on a windy day...and on a windy day the edge probably goes to any extinguisher with pressure...but the downside is that many bottles with pressure also have chemicals that are good at getting a fire out but that also leave a residue behind that can do nearly as much damage to whatever you were trying to put out as the fire would have done.

The other things I liked about Element were/are:

1. Even though I called the company expecting to get an answering machine or a generic blow off, an actual person picked up and answered all my questions. He also indicated he would consider a Bronco forum discount. Although the forum is an awesome source of info, I have found that reaching out directly to owners of whatever company is offering whatever we are considering can be very helpful.

2. These devices are approved to use on Porsche track cars, and the organizing/sanctioning body for the folks that race has pretty stiff rules.If it is good enough for them I am willing to give it a shot. If you ruise the BMW and Porsche forums for the feedback from owners who have already been using Elements for years, you will find a lot of praise. Additionally, numerous aftermarket racing places now sell their own vehicle-specific mounts (which generally mount right at the front of the driver seat base within quick reach).

Another video for reference...

Unfortunately, many folks have slick setups with traditional bottles with velcro netted pouches and so forth but many of those are nowhere near the driver...and seconds count...and I have found no other product that combines the positive characteristics of the Element. I am certainly open to other options if anyone has found any.

Sorry for the lengthy answer to your initial question! The seller did send me a rubber mount and a cool flag as a token of his appreciation...

Last edited:

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I also called the company directly and spoke with Mr. Reda, the General Manager. He was very helpful, answered my questions, and shipped mine out the very next morning.
Sponsored