Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone heard of or had any experience with Element Fire Extinguishers?

I was researching fire extinguishers again today, as I plan to keep one in my Bronco at all times, and I came across Element Fire Extinguishers. It is the coolest thing I have seen in a while and I was wondering if anyone had any experience.

From what I understand, there is no shelf life, it is compact, mess free, non-toxic, non-corrosive, and much less expensive than what I see as the closest competition, the Halguard Fire Extinguisher from H3R Performance. The Halguard extinguisher was also my first choice up until today.

I am pretty blown away by these and plan to keep at least one in both my Mustang and Bronco. I am also excited by the lack of shelf life. If these really work as well as claimed, then it takes away excuses not to have some sort of fire suppression at all times and make us all a little bit safer.

What do you all think?

Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP
OP
Philly

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes it’s still expensive, but the halguard extinguisher is around $180 and has a shelf life. You can get less expensive extinguishers, but they can be corrosive and damage components your are trying to save from the fire in the first place. I’ve never had to use a fire extinguisher on a vehicle, but would hate for it to be the cause of more damage than the fire itself.

Regardless of what you go with, something is better than nothing.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes it’s still expensive, but the halguard extinguisher is around $180 and has a shelf life. You can get less expensive extinguishers, but they can be corrosive and damage components your are trying to save from the fire in the first place. I’ve never had to use a fire extinguisher on a vehicle, but would hate for it to be the cause of more damage than the fire itself.

Regardless of what you go with, something is better than nothing.
Like my Brother said...."I carry cheap fire extinguishers". He explained he never had to use one for his only vehicle but helped 3 separate strangers with car fires. Not one of them offered to buy him a new one. I get his point and it is even more of a point if it's $80.00+ a whack.

OP
OP
Philly

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like my Brother said...."I carry cheap fire extinguishers". He explained he never had to use one for his only vehicle but helped 3 separate strangers with car fires. Not one of them offered to buy him a new one. I get his point and it is even more of a point if it's $80.00+ a whack.
I completely understand that, but I carry a fire extinguisher for my own benefit, first. This type of extinguisher is something I would have zero hesitation using on my own rig. If I happen to use it on someone else’s, then I guess it’s their lucky day. I would rather use something that I know won’t cause any further damage to my own or someone else’s rig while putting out the fire, than the cheap extinguisher that can ruin paint or electronics.

For how rarely I will need to use a fire extinguisher, I don’t have a problem with the price. It’s smaller and easier to store and I won’t have to worry about it going bad or not performing if/when I need it.

As an added bonus, I won’t have to worry about someone else using a cheap corrosive fire extinguisher on my rig. ;)

Regardless of what you decide to spend, something is still better than nothing. I’m sure there are less expensive options that will work better for you. I am just sharing because I thought this was super cool and if it performs as demonstrated, would be the perfect solution for me.

Sponsored

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I completely understand that, but I carry a fire extinguisher for my own benefit, first. This type of extinguisher is something I would have zero hesitation using on my own rig. If I happen to use it on someone else’s, then I guess it’s their lucky day. I would rather use something that I know won’t cause any further damage to my own or someone else’s rig while putting out the fire, than the cheap extinguisher that can ruin paint or electronics.

For how rarely I will need to use a fire extinguisher, I don’t have a problem with the price. It’s smaller and easier to store and I won’t have to worry about it going bad or not performing if/when I need it.

As an added bonus, I won’t have to worry about someone else using a cheap corrosive fire extinguisher on my rig. ;)

Regardless of what you decide to spend, something is still better than nothing. I’m sure there are less expensive options that will work better for you. I am just sharing because I thought this was super cool and if it performs as demonstrated, would be the perfect solution for me.
Well said, it is a one time insurance payment. If you end up needing it the cost of your investment will the last thing that comes to mind.

thd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Camaro SS 1/LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Only issue i see is if you are not there nobody else is going to figure out how to strike it with the base cap to start it but i love everything else about it.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks, Philly. I love the concept. Don't care about the price. The long suppression time is a huge benefit. I don't think people realize how little time is afforded to normal (small) hand-held extinguishers. When the need arises (hopefully never), one isn't thinking clearly with emotions running high. If the normal extinguisher isn't targeted appropriately, you will waste precious time of it's discharge cycle.

The fact that they never go bad is reason enough. Many don't realize with normal extinguishers that they need to be recharged from time to time. Often they are stored away for emergencies, but are forgotten until needed. There are many tragic stories that could be prevented if only there was a working extinguisher.

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They will likely get about a grand from me. I'll do a little more homework on them, but there will be one in all of our vehicles, and 2 in Bronco. Probably 2 in the house also.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks, Philly. I love the concept. Don't care about the price. The long suppression time is a huge benefit. I don't think people realize how little time is afforded to normal (small) hand-held extinguishers. When the need arises (hopefully never), one isn't thinking clearly with emotions running high. If the normal extinguisher isn't targeted appropriately, you will waste precious time of it's discharge cycle.

The fact that they never go bad is reason enough. Many don't realize with normal extinguishers that they need to be recharged from time to time. Often they are stored away for emergencies, but are forgotten until needed. There are many tragic stories that could be prevented if only there was a working extinguisher.
I was sold pretty quick when I saw how long it lasts.

The price is a wash. If you take proper care of your fire extinguisher you'll go over the cost of the Elements Fire Extinguisher.

I bought three last night.

Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Im not playing fireman at all lol,i carry halon extingushers in all my rigs,one actually has a supression systen nozzels spray engine ,trunk ,and cockpit. They are not so i can be road rescue warrior they are so i can get out and maybe keep my stuff from going up .
Saw a 300zx next to me on flames going down the road once girl didnt even know,she pulls over and whoosh her car goes up she barley made it out,it was a pressure line to fuel injection was pumping fuel on the exhaust. Standing there watching was a helpless feeling.
80$seems ok to me because nothing you find on the side of the road in a pinch is going to work as well !

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like a cool product and the $80 bucks will be the last thing on your mind when you need to use it. I think of a tourniquet, $35 bucks for a good one is pricey, until you need it...then it's priceless.

BTW, the last 2.5 lb fire bottle I bought was $300+, although it was aircraft legal.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As a volunteer firefighter I agree and disagree with you.

I've seen a few situations where we wouldn't have been called at all if there was a fire extinguisher around. No one would have put their life in jeopardy by using a fire extinguisher. On the flip side more people were put into jeopardy because no one used a fire extinguisher. Mostly talking structure fires here.

I've seen many fires in my day job in construction that were a quick shot with an extinguisher and it's done. It doesn't make much sense to just stand and watch a garbage can on fire when the tools are right there.

Of course vehicle fires are different but if it's a small contained fire, and you can keep calm and smart in the situation, there's no reason to let your rig burn up completely.

DGTUX20

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 TDI Sportwagen
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the post. Will be purchasing
Sponsored