North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I guarantee you that is not what most salespeople are trained to do. Is that what a small percentage do? Sure is.
Yes 90% is small, it may be higher.

@ZackDanger said it best recently:
I’ve watched many people ride into town on their horse only to make the deadly mistake of underestimating the clientele here. This place eats dealership representatives for breakfast, has a laugh about it, and then forgets their name by the time lunch rolls around.
Sponsored

MnBroncoNut

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-350, Ford Fusion, Jeep CJ-7
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The one benefit to a delay into February could be a modular top made available on time. If that’s the case, I welcome the wait.

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Most salespeople are taught two things about questions:
1- If you don't know the answer, make one up on the spot.
2- If you can't make one up, lie.
The minute a dealer says they don't know, everyone jumps on them as a shitty dealer and tells them to move their reservation somewhere else. Even if info comes from Ford, people still say not gonna happen.

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's ridiculous that Ford won't clear this up. Didn't they learn anything from the horrible Explorer launch?
The explorer launch was bad because I’ve heard Chicago assembly is a cluster-you-know-what. Mechanically the explorer was awful, but the actual “launch” was fine. The bronco is the opposite,(I hope)MAP is supposedly one of Ford’s best plants, I’ve got faith in them getting the mechanicals right.

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

You may be correct, but make sure you read Donlen's Note #1.

1 – All dates are estimated and subject to change.
Yup but it’s the latest from Ford to one of their biggest customers and updated regularly. Definitely more reliable that Joe Salesguy.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mechanically the explorer was awful, but the actual “launch” was fine. The bronco is the opposite
I hope for the same, because the preamble will be behind us soon, but we'll live with the mechanicals for years.

Reality is though...in any team/group activity, you're always defined by your 'weakest link'. You ain't going to the super bowl with a center who can't count.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hope for the same, because the preamble will be behind us soon, but we'll live with the mechanicals for years.

Reality is though...in any team/group activity, you're always defined by your 'weakest link'. You ain't going to the super bowl with a center who can't count.
Yeah definitely still a concern. My main concerns for quality would be interior/the tops. The powertrains are solid and carryovers so not too worried there.(except the manual). And ford has enough experience with the raptor that I’m sure the driveline will be fine. With Ford’s most recent launches other than explorer (F-150, Mustang) going pretty darn well except for some quirks, I’m betting Bronco will go down that path more than anything. I hope. Lol.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My understanding is the 'sitting around' part is intentional...before shipping to dealers they want to be a coupl'a weeks into production to see if there are any quality/assembly issues they need to go back & address

MattECDNdealer

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Demo: 21 Bronco BL (2dr 2.3 MT) Toy: 04 TJ Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The comical part in all of the "heresay" that is being posted here. The salesman/manager/dealer principal at XYZ Ford has absolutely ZERO specific knowledge of order bank opening date, production startup, etc. They are 100% making up any specific dates they give you at this point.
Sponsored