chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I mean I don’t want to change to 4 for soft top and find out changing to 4 pushed me back.
If you stay with a 2 door I wouldn't plan on getting your bronco anytime soon until they sort out the hard top issue
Sponsored

straycat

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Camry, 2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I really wish we could get Ford to provide electric/plumbing for those willing to settle or soft top until the hard tops are ready.

Ideally, does anyone know what level of labor/effort would be involved for adding just the electric? I can probably live without the rear wiper/fluid, but I can't see myself paying $50k+ on a vehicle without rear defrost in the midwest.

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are the back hard tops the same for both the 4 door and 2 door?

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I really wish we could get Ford to provide electric/plumbing for those willing to settle or soft top until the hard tops are ready.

Ideally, does anyone know what level of labor/effort would be involved for adding just the electric? I can probably live without the rear wiper/fluid, but I can't see myself paying $50k+ on a vehicle without rear defrost in the midwest.
do you really think you need the tiny ass rear wiper or defrost? Even if I got the hard top or had the hookups I would still be getting a rearview mirror with a rear camera so that I can see everything behind me instead of looking out the tiny ass area of the back window

straycat

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
do you really think you need the tiny ass rear wiper or defrost? Even if I got the hard top or had the hookups I would still be getting a rearview mirror with a rear camera so that I can see everything behind me instead of looking out the tiny ass area of the back window
Is it that tiny back there where rear defrost isn't much of an issue? How well do you think a rear camera would work through the soft tops rear "window"?

Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is it that tiny back there where rear defrost isn't much of an issue? How well do you think a rear camera would work through the soft tops rear "window"?
I plan on getting one where I can place the camera outside the window. That will give me a large view of what is behind me and since I am used to looking at the rearview mirror to see what's behind me anyway I will still be use to looking up there when seeing the camera view. A lot of the video review mirrors you can buy have the always on function, not just when backing up. Plus a lot have a front view camera that acts as a dash cam. They also record so that if someone hits you from behind you have video proof.

straycat

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I plan on getting one where I can place the camera outside the window. That will give me a large view of what is behind me and since I am used to looking at the rearview mirror to see what's behind me anyway I will still be use to looking up there when seeing the camera view. A lot of the video review mirrors you can buy have the always on function, not just when backing up. Plus a lot have a front view camera that acts as a dash cam. They also record so that if someone hits you from behind you have video proof.
I've not done a lot of research on outside-mounted rear cameras. Is there one in particular you're looking at/prefer? I honestly didn't even think this was an option. If viable, this seems to be the way to go if one doesn't want to wait another year+.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've not done a lot of research on outside-mounted rear cameras. Is there one in particular you're looking at/prefer? I honestly didn't even think this was an option. If viable, this seems to be the way to go if one doesn't want to wait another year+.
I have just looked at some on amazon. When I get one I will test it out to see if the soft top causes visual issues. if it does I will mount it outside. Something like this

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B089SVCW1X/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_3?smid=AZK59AYX46CBC&psc=1

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My excitement to change to a 4-door may be moot if the manager at my dealer won’t call me. I went by on Monday, and a salesman took my info and said the manager was on vacation until today and he’d have him call me. He hasn’t yet, so I texted the salesman to follow up. The odds of this dealer getting with me in time to change the order today are very bad. Despite that I’m trying to spend more money.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My excitement to change to a 4-door may be moot if the manager at my dealer won’t call me. I went by on Monday, and a salesman took my info and said the manager was on vacation until today and he’d have him call me. He hasn’t yet, so I texted the salesman to follow up. The odds of this dealer getting with me in time to change the order today are very bad. Despite that I’m trying to spend more money.
yea some of these dealers are just trash. I was lucky enough that the person I deal with is very quick about changes and stuff. If you really want to change you should call and have someone else change it.

Sponsored

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am sticking with my two door, BL build with tow package. The four door may be more practical but I can't stand the B pillar location on the four door. The 2 door B pillar is perfect. Gives a nice wide open feel to the front cabin. Everyone dropping tow and/or changing to four door gives me hope those restraints will be eased and my Bronco might just get built.

straycat

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have just looked at some on amazon. When I get one I will test it out to see if the soft top causes visual issues. if it does I will mount it outside. Something like this

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B089SVCW1X/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_3?smid=AZK59AYX46CBC&psc=1
This looks like it might fit the bill perfectly, some reviewers have installed it outside and they seem to be happy.

Anyone with soft top Jeeps (or similar), what's the overall experience with noise and cold weather?

Does anyone anticipate 3rd party companies to develop their own hard tops? The way things are going, I can see other companies coming out with a hard top before Ford has a viable product.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am sticking with my two door, BL build with tow package. The four door may be more practical but I can't stand the B pillar location on the four door. The 2 door B pillar is perfect. Gives a nice wide open feel to the front cabin. Everyone dropping tow and/or changing to four door gives me hope those restraints will be eased and my Bronco might just get built.
changing to a 4 door and picking a soft top won't ease anything if the hard top production is ridiculously low. Lets just hope this whole thing resolves, but considering how ford has been I am not confident in ford

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This looks like it might fit the bill perfectly, some reviewers have installed it outside and they seem to be happy.

Anyone with soft top Jeeps (or similar), what's the overall experience with noise and cold weather?

Does anyone anticipate 3rd party companies to develop their own hard tops? The way things are going, I can see other companies coming out with a hard top before Ford has a viable product.
Probably be easier to get a hard top aftermarket then to wait for ford. There are many companies that make hard tops while ford is relying on one company.

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

yea some of these dealers are just trash. I was lucky enough that the person I deal with is very quick about changes and stuff. If you really want to change you should call and have someone else change it.
The salesman told me on Monday that the manager is the only one with authority to change an order. I’m betting I’m stuck waiting for a 2-door with MIC. After I just got myself all fanatically fired up about changing and convinced myself my current order doesn’t fit my needs.

I wonder how long my Bronco fanaticism will last. Between Ford and my dealer, it’s almost like a game to test my patience. Forever.
Sponsored