Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Considering changing order to 4-door Big Bend with softtop.
Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Plymouth Webasto factory also makes the entire C8 Corvette folding hardtop convertible mechanism and so far they have been mostly problem free and with no reports of parts shortage or production issues.

So maybe MIC issues are related to a design issue/late production change, supply issues on the specific plastics/resins or just slow startup to get quality right and everyone trained. Either way, they clearly arenā€™t up to speed yet and it sucks.
Do I have a better chance getting a C8 or are they still on a waiting list?

Maybe theyā€™re struggling still getting the correct color consistent in all their batches.

But my guess is the roof panels are having issues sealing and therefor leaking. Remember, webasto makes the jeep hard tops too but the Bronco has 1 extra panel to seal correctly.

And it still blows my mind that 2doors cant get a soft top.

Scumby

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Only Ford could be so incompetent that a simple receiver hitch and a piece of bent steel tube could be constraints. Epic fail.
its not the hitch that's the hold up, its the wiring and chip set to make all the lights work correctly.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
its not the hitch that's the hold up, its the wiring and chip set to make all the lights work correctly.
I'm sure the wiring is the reason the Safari bar is a constraint as well šŸ¤¦

Sponsored

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is that correct, that you can't get soft top on two-door? I am entertaining a switch from MIC to soft-top to get my Bronco sooner. This decision hinges on a couple questions:

1. How much sooner would it be (any idea when I'd finally get it if I stick with MIC)?
2. How big a deal is it to later get a hard top (the connections and stuff)?

At this point, I'd be willing to switch from two-door to four with a soft top, except that it appears you can't get the four-door Base in a manual.
A soft top option does not exist for a two door currently. One would think with the year long hard top issues that wouldnā€™t be the case. Four door does have soft top option. Seems simple enough and plenty of time to come up with two door soft top solution but apparently not. Ford does not install connections on soft top for rear wiper on four door.

For some time we all speculated why would a two door be considered a commodity constraint. Itā€™s now abundantly clear. Itā€™s the tops.

Switching to a four door with soft top may just get you a late res rig if thatā€™s your case. But who knows. People switch from two door to four door the four door soft top will be constrained.

Itā€™s impossible to predict anything with this so I wouldnā€™t waste your time trying. Though Iā€™m in dealers MY21 allocation Iā€™m setting my expectations low. Very low. Likely MY22 and maybe get mod top but also not counting on that.

Time for a beer!! Cheers!

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is Webasto a subsidiary of Webistics, and are Christopher Multesante and Matt Bevilaqua somehow involved?

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m pretty sure you get zero connections if you order soft top.
Don't forget the squirter and wiper controls on the wiper stalk. I'd bet huge $$$ that will be mssing also.
*** Assuming wiper controls are where they have been the last 30 years....steering wheel control stalk. Anybody pay attention to that at the show and tells?

Monkey

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition MAX, F-350, a Tesla, & More...
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I punted my order to ā€˜22 and maybe even later since Iā€™m not going to bother until I can get what I want. I can order it all now, but would be a ā€˜22 for sure no matter what. Ford just didnā€™t get all their ducks in a row for this launch and itā€™s been made worse by pandemic shutdowns of manufacturing partners and suppliers.

Will be interesting to see if any of the little goof-ups will be addressed for MY22 or MY23 ā€” like front camera placement. We just took delivery of a Bronco Sport and itā€™s surprisingly great overall. But Ford excluded a few features that are standard across all their other current vehicles ā€” HomeLink garage door opener and memory for power seats and mirrors being the two biggest head-scratchers. I was aware of this before purchasing and that didnā€™t sway my decision at all.. Itā€™s just a real bonehead decision from Ford and itā€™s comical how people try to justify it. I actually got to talk with a Ford engineer recently and asked him about those things. He was not involved in any Bronco anything, but thought it would be totally ridiculous for those options to not be there and he insisted I had received bad info and that those options were definitely going to be there. Nope, not there, not on a fully loaded Badlands. Had me second-guessing myself though as I went to pick it up, hoping to see those HomeLink buttons. Nope. Iā€™m sure those features will be added in the near future for MY22~23. Got to have some sort of incremental improvement, right?

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've said it before and I'll say it again - Everyone ordered their Bronco based off what they really truly wanted.
If I ordered based on what I "really wanted" it would have driven the price up by $15 grand. ;)

Nothing I can do anyway. I ordered a 2-Door. Do they even make a soft top for the 2-Door?

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Don't forget the squirter and wiper controls on the wiper stalk. I'd bet huge $$$ that will be mssing also.
*** Assuming wiper controls are where they have been the last 30 years....steering wheel control stalk. Anybody pay attention to that at the show and tells?
I have only ever owned one vehicle with a rear wiper. (Ford Expedition) The wiper, squirter, and defrost controls are on the panel, not the stalk. The stalk controls the front wipers.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm sure the wiring is the reason the Safari bar is a constraint as well šŸ¤¦
Well, that could be due to the redesign by popular demand. Mob rule.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Well, that could be due to the redesign by popular demand. Mob rule.
They shouldn't even bother with it. Scrap the whole thing, it's ugly af. I don't want it yet I don't even have a choice.

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've already sacrificed the black top so I could hopefully enjoy my Bronco with the top off this summer . I'm not changing to the soft top just to "get it sooner." They are almost forcing people to take the Bronco the way Ford wants it.
Sponsored