First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Explains the issue with the 2 door. They switched everyone to MIC and they can’t even produce that 😂
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rubisquatch

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What's odd is my son just graduated with an Industrial Operations Engineering degree, and we can't find any job listings for Webasto in Michigan on their website.
They have 69 jobs open now In Michigan, most are for roof technicians and press operators and quality inspectors and most jobs appear to somehow support Bronco roof building so they are way behind. But here, is an engineer role for you son. Maybe he can help speed it up.

Ford Bronco Email from Ford - How to increase chances of getting your Bronco sooner DF92585D-F3EB-4176-B85A-CE48924B299C

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I've said it before: Hey Ford - add the connections, and offer a Besttop on the two door, and I am in.

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Based on that, as long as we didn't receive a Ford email by end of day yesterday then our production week shouldn't have changed.

For anyone who did verify theirs changed, did you receive an email?

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Only think I am debating removing is the tow package. But is that really going to push me up that much further?

Sponsored

mattrb87

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I would be willing to make this change if I can get it drastically earlier. I have a 7/29 time stamp and would probably be 22MY. I added the tow pkg for the hell of it, but don’t have anything to tow right now so no big deal. And as long as I can still get the MIC hardtop down the road in a few months or in 2022 then I’m cool with that.

The MIC hardtop is something I can purchase separately in the future correct? Everything else can stay the same on my order.

What are the non-existent hardtop connections people are referring to if the bronco comes with a soft top? Are you referring to the holes for the bolts to attach to the vehicle or what exactly is it? And how would one go about adding the hard tip later, would the dealer be able to add those connections?

Last edited:

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They have 69 jobs open now In Michigan, most are for roof technicians and press operators and quality inspectors and most jobs appear to somehow support Bronco roof building so they are way behind. But here, is an engineer role for you son. Maybe he can help speed it up.

Ford Bronco Email from Ford - How to increase chances of getting your Bronco sooner DF92585D-F3EB-4176-B85A-CE48924B299C
69 openings!! Ha! Juicy unemployment benefits won’t end until September unless Michigan does what some other states are doing and end program early.

Something tells me that ain’t happening so add at least four months to most builds if Wabastno can’t fill jobs.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

DF92585D-F3EB-4176-B85A-CE48924B299C.png
Unfortunately that one is closed - was a December listing, but there is a Quality Engineer position listed so we'll get a resume in and see if they find a place for him.

And Thanks! I'll owe you a bottle of something on a trail meet up if he finds a position!

Sponsored

Denba1

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why do we get this info second and third hand? Fords a publicly traded company and therefore has a duty to be transparent. We knew for almost a year it was the tops causing issues. Yet a memo comes out a few days ago blaming chips after it wasn’t chips.

Nobody likes being manipulated or lied to. Especially your loyal brand enthusiasts. And for the perpetual Ford apologists, please don’t lecture us none of this is Ford’s fault.
I'd be fine getting it second hand if it came from my dealer. But I keep seeing messages on here from Ford to dealers suggesting they communicate with customers and I have heard nothing from my dealer since I placed my order.

CaliforniaBurrito

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
69 openings!! Ha! Juicy unemployment benefits won’t end until September unless Michigan does what some other states are doing and end program early.

Something tells me that ain’t happening so add at least four months to most builds if Wabastno can’t fill jobs.
Our economy is so fucked because of this stupid unemployment bullshit.

I don't blame the people not working, only an idiot would work when they could make more sitting at home.

Mdsuits

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 f350, 68 bronco 89 samurai
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll say it again....offer a soft top for the 2 door and I would take it in a heartbeat. I don’t even give a shit about getting the hard top connections cause I would never put one on.

mattrb87

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If Ford included the hardtop connections on soft tops builds, I would gladly switch and just wait and pay my own way for a hard top later whenever they become available. And I’m sure a lot of people here would do the same.

So Ford if you’re listening and want to salvage this mess (and make a bunch of your early res holders happy) just spend the extra 60 cents per Bronco and include the connections.
Forgive my ignorance.....I’m considering switching to the soft top but I’m confused. What are the non-existent hardtop connections you are referring to, like the holes to bolt the hardtop onto the vehicle, etc?

So if one wanted to upgrade to a hardtop later, how would that be done, would a dealer be able to add those connections?

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Forgive my ignorance.....I’m considering switching to the soft top but I’m confused. What are the non-existent hardtop connections you are referring to, like the holes to bolt the hardtop onto the vehicle, etc?

So if one wanted to upgrade to a hardtop later, how would that be done, would a dealer be able to add those connections?
The connections that are built in for the washer fluid and the defroster for the rear window. I’m sure you could add the connections in later but no telling how difficult and very seriously doubt it would be as clean of an install as factory.
Sponsored