Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For the "I'll just get the hard top later" folks, that's all good and well, I see the logic, but damn, when will Ford realistically have enough tops for the actual orders, much less enough excess inventory to ship OEM hard tops to customers as a stand alone parts order.......2024?
Sponsored

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a Badlands two door with 2.7 engine, MIC top, Sasquatch, and tow package ordered. I’ll see mine in 2030.
Imagine if you had Lux also...2040 then...😂

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is everyone that ordered a my 21 still getting the build estimate email from ford at the end of may that was stated in the previous email we got

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish they would break out roof expectations for 2 door and 4 door... Is it possible they aren't even manufacturing 2 door tops just to get the 4 doors done, vice versa, or some mix of the 2? 🤷🏻‍♂️I still will never understand why a 2 door soft top isn't available. That fastback looks good.

Loubiz90

Base
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We all ordered exactly what we wanted, that was the point of having one built specifically for us. First, MIC top was the only top being offered for MY21, now it's an issue lol. I'm more than happy waiting for the exact truck I ordered

Sponsored

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just talked to my dealer. He hasn't heard anything about the hard top delays, nor did he receive the email noted at the beginning of this thread. He has 500 Broncos on order for his dealership. The only items he was told were issues were the painted hard top, tow package, brush guard and some two door delays as the planned for a lower number of orders. The information gap on this is pretty astounding.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Apparently, what Ford should have done is NOT create a reservation list, or a build and price option site. Then they could have just built whatever models they had the parts for, and painted them whatever color they felt like and shipped them to the dealers. Appearing as if demand was causing delivery issues instead of failures by outsourcing partners would be easier to push off on the gullible public. AKA, you and I.

Last edited:

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Plymouth Webasto factory also makes the entire C8 Corvette folding hardtop convertible mechanism and so far they have been mostly problem free and with no reports of parts shortage or production issues.

So maybe MIC issues are related to a design issue/late production change, supply issues on the specific plastics/resins or just slow startup to get quality right and everyone trained. Either way, they clearly aren’t up to speed yet and it sucks.
I’m confident the build rate for convertible corvettes is minuscule compared to roofs for 200K Broncos.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Everyone ordered their Bronco based off what they really truly wanted. To change that now to MAYBE get it slightly earlier - Is it worth it?

I would say no. I'd rather have what I 100% wanted from the start. I've purchased a lot of vehicles over the years, and I can tell you there is always something I regret not getting. My current vehicle, which I love, I had them bring it in from a few hundred km's away because it had the lighting package and that was a deal breaker for me. I still gave up the original colour I wanted (a dark grey) however I was fine with that at the time. As time went on, I started to regret not having that grey colour.

Anyways, all I'm saying is don't go nuts changing orders and possibly screwing it up (we've seen some stories from other members on this - A keying error can happen, something isn't inputted, etc.).

Just my 2 cents.
I agree 100%. I went there on one new vehicle.......one. I swore I would never do that again. It was always in the back of my mind that "I should have". It was hard to enjoy that vehicle as I should, because of a quick and stupid decision. So, I'll wait for however long it takes to get my Bronco the way I want it. I do not want to be thinking "I wish" every time I drive out of the driveway.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Alright maybe I’m being overly opinionated but does anyone actually prefer the look of the soft top to the hard top........? Looks like a goofy schooner with a softie lol

Sponsored

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not a fan of the soft top on the 4 door. I think the sport back top looks better on the 2 door.

I 100% plan on a bimini or something for shade.

BadlandsBronc21

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 2018 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Whatever the whole godamn vehicle is the holdup

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Exactly this. Problem is can’t get soft top on two door. Why? Got preproduction cruising around with them. I’d likely switch then add hard top later. Best-top makes a great soft top and I would imagine welcome the business. Why aren’t they in equation?
Is that correct, that you can't get soft top on two-door? I am entertaining a switch from MIC to soft-top to get my Bronco sooner. This decision hinges on a couple questions:

1. How much sooner would it be (any idea when I'd finally get it if I stick with MIC)?
2. How big a deal is it to later get a hard top (the connections and stuff)?

At this point, I'd be willing to switch from two-door to four with a soft top, except that it appears you can't get the four-door Base in a manual.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Alright maybe I’m being overly opinionated but does anyone actually prefer the look of the soft top to the hard top........? Looks like a goofy schooner with a softie lol
We all are entitled to our opinions, and I am in the same boat as you - I don't like the look of the soft top, especially when it is down. But that's just my taste.

Is it easier? Yes, 100%. But overall use I'd rather have a hard top which should be quieter but also modular so you can get the same effect as a soft top.

I also need to factor in I live in an area that sees lots of rain throughout the year, so I think the MIC top is ideal for me. If I lived in California or something like that, I might have a different opinion.
Sponsored