Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What if Ford has a different kind of problem. - to many people delayed or has restrictions upon their build that Ford won’t have enough orders that they can actually produce this year?
Sponsored

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What if Ford has a different kind of problem. - to many people delayed or has restrictions upon their build that Ford won’t have enough orders that they can actually produce this year?
Great question. If the earlier example plays out with respect to the MIC tops in any sense of that example, they have a huge F'in problem.

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reasonable people can agree to disagree, but I don’t think anyone could say Ford’ has done a good job of at least providing timely information and because of that their planning has been piss poor. A lot of this information is 1th hour crisis management.

I do believe some deduction is called for regarding the MIC top for 2drs since they specifically mentioned WT and FE constraints and left off mentioning.
2d.....especially when 2drs require a different MIC top and only comprise less than 30% of the MIC top demand.

Everyone’s situation is different an I don’t speak for everyone.....I’m not sure if you are a 2dr, 4dr or soft top or a priority order holder, or already have a build date. But I don’t believe things are working out for everyone and if it is for you, then I’m happy for you.
I'm not one in good shape - this hour Badlands, Lux, mic, tow package without a build date yet. I appreciate knowing what might help, and also know that it's a moving target and there's no way to win for Ford right now. The dealer network doesn't help in this situation.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm not one in good shape - this hour Badlands, Lux, mic, tow package without a build date yet. I appreciate knowing what might help, and also know that it's a moving target and there's no way to win for Ford right now. The dealer network doesn't help in this situation.
That’s not so bad. I have Lux as well, but apparently Lux disappeared from the constrained list without fanfare or announcement.

I have Badlands, 2.7L, Sasquatch, MIC and I’ve asked my dealership to remove the towing package, but of course I haven’t heard anything from those worthless....(fatherless children), because they could care less what you want at this point since they know they got you after $1,000 non-refundable and a year of your time.

You’re right....there will be no win for Ford, and not even a kiss your sister tie......and they need look no further than themselves for the culprit. It certainly isn’t the customer’s fault. We lined up to the tune of 190,000 to buy a $60k vehicle sight unseen and have been subjected to allocations, broken reservation number lies, priority order line-jumping boondoggles, and risk being pushed to 2022 delivery date because we dare to want a f*cking trainer hitch and a roof that ain’t made of canvas. But here I am waiting.......perhaps a little salty, and a little less confident in Fords ability to deliver on promises, but I have the right to bitch a little and no one is making me wait.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Respectfully,

save yourself the 500$ and cancel the tow package, unless you absolutely need it day 1. To each their own but for the price of that id just wait until a brand comes out with a hitch for way cheaper (i.e smittybuilt)
Its not the money, it is the fact that all I want the receiver hitch for is a bike/accessory rack. I'm thinking the after market will have these. My only fear is having my dealer go back into the order system and botch something up by trying to do a simple hitch delete.

Sponsored

RogueAce70

Wildtrak
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think this could actually be a REAL issue and if it is, this is what Ford needs to communicate to the customers. Then we know what the expectations are & go from there; now at a certain point each of us will have to make a decision to stay in the game or move on to another vehicle. For myself I’m in it for the long haul; even if they push me to a MY22!! Bottom line FORD has to communicate with us; even if it’s a crap sandwich they are serving & especially since it varies from dealer to dealer the level of communication we receive.

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Below is the Bronco Production Scheduling Memo which was posted by @BravoV4, a dealer, showing his email received yesterday from Ford. Shows what the hang ups are how to increase your odds making the next round of scheduling. Seems like the MIC tops are the biggest hang up, and may be for a while.

84044589-B03D-4463-ACB8-73692250ADD3.jpeg
54CDBFE6-88AB-442E-9650-CED19334D2B5.jpeg
Ford Bronco Email from Ford - How to increase chances of getting your Bronco sooner 1620612130428

This is what your Bronco will look like if you remove everything you asked for to get it early.

JD155

Big Bend
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traverse
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Things are essentially to the point where FORD should just say this. For multiple reasons all early reservations/orders won't be delivered until 2022. If you are willing to wait will will throw in a year supply of Broncos shaped air fresheners. If not will will refund any $ you have put down as a deposit. The end

josedirte

Badlands
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3500 Ram Limited, 2017 Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So this is exactly why I bought a new Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, at least I can actually drive it! You can't accept that the Coronavirus is responsible for all these delays and misrepresentations. Heck, I remember when there was this thing called a "black painted top" but it was in short supply so they substituted that with an ugly MIC top. Now, they don't have that top either...just keep kicking the can Ford.
The way the used car market is you will probably be able to sell for 80% of purchase price minus taxes and license in 2 years and roll into a Bronco. Maybe by then you can get the coyote motor.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is coming to a breaking point soon. Day 1 res allocation #2. Lease extension is up in end of August. I really don’t want to go down the path of an alternative. But it sounds like I may be doing more research about a defender in a month if bronco is delayed until 2022. Bummer. I’ve spent 100s of hours on this forum but I don’t think I have the mental capacity to wait that much more. Sometimes I wish I never got so involved in the rollout since it would make my decision making that much easier.

Maybe I’ll get a defender now and 99 my order and get a bronco as a replacement to my other lease replacement in 12 months. Although I’d be left with two similar trucks

I realized that the defender is slightly wider and the Camera mirror means that I could stack the cargo to the roof. Seems pretty money. I’m picking up 10 cubic feet of cargo space to pack to the ceiling and this could more easily be a family hauler with no added footprint at the cost of less than 500 dollars for the mirror camera upgrade The bronco 50/50 makes the cut. But it’s soooo hard to say goodbye. I’ve been incredibly involved in this forum since day 1. Very heart breaking. But I need a replacement in September

Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is coming to a breaking point soon. Day 1 res allocation #2. Lease extension is up in end of August. I really don’t want to go down the path of an alternative. But it sounds like I may be doing more research about a defender in a month if bronco is delayed until 2022. Bummer. I’ve spent 100s of hours on this forum but I don’t think I have the mental capacity to wait that much more. Sometimes I wish I never got so involved in the rollout since it would make my decision making that much easier.

Maybe I’ll get a defender now and 99 my order and get a bronco as a replacement to my other lease replacement in 12 months. Although I’d be left with two similar trucks

I realized that the defender is slightly wider and the Camera mirror means that I could stack the cargo to the roof. Seems pretty money. I’m picking up 10 cubic feet of cargo space to pack to the ceiling and this could more easily be a family hauler with no added footprint at the cost of less than 500 dollars for the mirror camera upgrade The bronco 50/50 makes the cut. But it’s soooo hard to say goodbye. I’ve been incredibly involved in this forum since day 1. Very heart breaking. But I need a replacement in September
Yea all this really does suck. I am still holding hope that they will meet their summer production as they have stated, but Ford has gone back on pretty much every single thing they have said. I just don't have faith in them anymore.

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Everyone said I was Crazy for saying they will only be able to build about 30K in 2021. I might even lower that estimate.
Jeep will sure be scared of all the base 4 doors with HUGE 30" tires rollin around taking away sales.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yea all this really does suck. I am still holding hope that they will meet their summer production as they have stated, but Ford has gone back on pretty much every single thing they have said. I just don't have faith in them anymore.
yup. Not to sound like a d* but I’ve spent so much time researching and figuring out answers before they are made public. I’ve contributed A LOT here. I think I may hold the record for most new posts. My value of time spent so far exceeds the cost of a loaded bronco. (Honestly it’s multiple Broncos). It’s hard to tear the band aid off. Notwithstanding I’ve enjoyed the ride and it mentally got me through a really tough time through covid outside nyc. It’s a really odd position to be in. But my gut is telling me a loaded sas non FE with a mic top can’t be had until 2022. I truly hope I’m wrong.

Stu baby

Outer Banks
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Audi
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Everyone said I was Crazy for saying they will only be able to build about 30K in 2021. I might even lower that estimate.
Jeep will sure be scared of all the base 4 doors with HUGE 30" tires rollin around taking away sales.
Oh,I think they COULD build around 60k this year but the problem is only around 10k people will order the soft tops!
That leaves 50k orders wanting the MIC tops that will not be available

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Defender also has a much higher towing capacity. I've been looking and orders appear to come in within 3 months, rarely 4. That's much more reasonable. 22's are also supposed to land next month so I'm waiting to see what ends up on the dealer lots.

That being said, I'm also waiting to hear what Ford might be able to pull off or what my build estimate would be, assuming they send that this month.
Sponsored