Sponsored

Email from my dealer with insight into ordering.

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Granger - first of all, thank you as always for your insight. I have to say though, on this thread only, most of yor comments/answers come with trailing dots... This is the common semantic for “fill in the blank”, synonymous also with “read it as you may”. I get a strong hint that you are telling us, without formally telling us (as you are saying fill in the blanks) that dealers can game the system.

if I have a reservation placed in the first 10 minutes of the reveal, July 13th, and my salesman’s new girlfriends second cousin “Buddy” puts his reservation in today , Sep (30th.)... well, ARE you saying that “Buddy” can very well get Bronco first, simply due to the order the dealer enters it in ?
I don't if that is what @Granger Ford is implying, and he is not going to comment on other dealerships, but from what I've read from others that seem to be in the know your scenario could very well happen and there is no way for you to know that it happened (not that you would have any meaningful recourse). Albert has said that Ford has asked the dealerships to enter the orders by time stamp of their reservations. We don't know if Ford will double check that and fix any shenanigans they may come across. They would have time to do that given ordering ends sometime in January and production doesn't start until March (I think), but its anyone's guess at this point if they will do that.

So this whole process went from early bird gets the worm to a crap shoot. Good luck to us all.
Sponsored

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't if that is what @Granger Ford is implying, and he is not going to comment on other dealerships, but from what I've read from others that seem to be in the know your scenario could very well happen and there is no way for you to know that it happened (not that you would have any meaningful recourse). Albert has said that Ford has asked the dealerships to enter the orders by time stamp of their reservations. We don't know if Ford will double check that and fix any shenanigans they may come across. They would have time to do that given ordering ends sometime in January and production doesn't start until March (I think), but its anyone's guess at this point if they will do that.

So this whole process went from early bird gets the worm to a crap shoot. Good luck to us all.
And hence why a lot of us are going with Granger. I don't expect my truck before people who reserved before me, and I'm pretty sure I won't get it. I want things to be fair, and I feel like by going to Iowa, I'll have a better chance of getting that to happen.

Chris

Mdemieville

Badlands
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Lincoln MKZ hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a question... who has not heard anything from their dealer yet? I received a text the morning after I made a reservation (on initial open registration night) and have yet to have any communication since. I have called numerous times to speak to the sales managers and have yet to have someone answer or return my call. I’m about to change dealers.
Haven't heard a peep from mine either

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

if I have a reservation placed in the first 10 minutes of the reveal, July 13th, and my salesman’s new girlfriends second cousin “Buddy” puts his reservation in today , Sep (30th.)... well, ARE you saying that “Buddy” can very well get Bronco first, simply due to the order the dealer enters it in ?
We don't know if Ford will double check that and fix any shenanigans they may come across. They would have time to do that given ordering ends sometime in January and production doesn't start until March (I think), but its anyone's guess at this point if they will do that.

Excellent points, this seems like the perfect time for 5 or 10 people to start tweeting Mike Levine and start asking questions how this will work, what will Ford do to assure Reservations as filled as close as possible to First Come, First Served, and not when your dealer enters your order or the salesman’s new girlfriends second cousin “Buddy” asks for a favor. Ask him how Ford will double check that and fix any shenanigans?

Mike Levine (@mrlevine) https://twitter.com/mrlevine

Sponsored
OP
OP
Compta38

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you believe Ernest McCarty has 90 reservations?

That’s my dealer (I live in Alabaster.). I’ve been worried they wouldn’t have enough to have any clout with Ford.

I'm very shocked if that’s true.
They had over 60 the first week.

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Geez, I'm going to be blunt so don't get too mad at me, but I've never seen so much hand wringing over something like this before.

Settle down. Build an price comes out in October. You have all of November, that's 30 days, to figure out what you want.
And if you're anything like me, you'll have built up multiple trim choices and combinations in the first few days.
By December 1st you're going to be chomping at the bit to place your order.

Sponsored

Figment

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Geez, I'm going to be blunt so don't get too mad at me, but I've never seen so much hand wringing over something like this before.

Settle down. Build an price comes out in October. You have all of November, that's 30 days, to figure out what you want.
And if you're anything like me, you'll have built up multiple trim choices and combinations in the first few days.
That’s not the issue. The issue is that my dealer doesn’t know me from Adam and doesn’t even respond to my emails.

I’m assuming that means he will put everyone he knows in line in front of me even though I have an early 7/13 reservation.

I’m already in the hunt for another dealer. But it sounds like there are only a handful of straightforward ones in the entire country.

Yeah, it’s just a car. But “orders will be placed as closely as possible to reservation number” is clearly out the window.

phishphood

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For me, it isn't at all about options or cost. It is entirely whether or not I can trust the dealership. I sent them an email late yesterday after Granger answered my questions here. They tell me that their understanding from Friday's meeting is that the ordering timeline will be "much later than December", while one thing every dealer here has seemingly agreed on is that the order process will start in December.

Itsmeanmuggin

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger Scat Pak
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same dealer. Bessemer location. I haven't reached out to them yet but will go visit them soon. I don't expect them to match Granger/Stephens. I just want to have a conversation with them letting them know I don't need nitrogen in my tires or scotch guard on my marine vinyl seats.
Bessemer here too. I hope to get them to match Granger or Stephens. I have been giving them the price sheets to try and match, but I just dont think they are there yet.

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For me, it isn't at all about options or cost. It is entirely whether or not I can trust the dealership. I sent them an email late yesterday after Granger answered my questions here. They tell me that their understanding from Friday's meeting is that the ordering timeline will be "much later than December", while one thing every dealer here has seemingly agreed on is that the order process will start in December.

Ok, looks like the biggest worry is the dealer.
Is your dealer on the list of ones honoring x plan and such?
If so then they are probably legit. If not, I would look for another dealer...OR...contact them and get a dialogue going with them....one way or the other.

My dealer is on the list. I have also been emailing back and forth with her so she knows I'm serious.
I also asked if her dealership has many reservations. She responded and said yes but couldn't tell me the amount.
Fair enough for me. But the point is, let your dealer know you're a serious customer.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Then you would most likely be in the first batch that we have going it the system when it opens up, now there is a caveat to this, if you want an option that is not available or commodity shortage we will let you know so that you can delete the option or wait for it to become available...

The F-150 is where I am running into this mostly with the Max Fold seats we have no idea of when they will release them...
That is awesome if that is an option! As you know, I'm one of the earlier reservations and I don't want an option to hold up my delivery (unless it is something that isn't easily added later and I really want it).

Having the ability to remove it and keep an early delivery is music to my ears. (y)
Sponsored