Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My son has had a hard time over the past year accepting we'd trade in his mom's Rav-4, and I constantly had to explain that she never liked it and preferred her 2005 Corolla over it. When we parked at the dealer today, there beside us was the same Corolla, including color, that my wife had before her Rav-4. What a serendipitous thing. It definitely made me smile.

20211012_195105.jpg
Ford Bronco Emotional journey has ended 1634306425147

That is a truly touching story. I'm very sorry for you and your son's loss. I hope you guys make lots of memories together enjoying your new Bronco.
Sponsored

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well, I picked up my 2-door, Velocity Blue Badlands this evening. She was built on 9/27, shipped the next day via rail, and arrived at the local rail yard, about 30 mins south of me last Wednesday, 10/6. Since then it has been worse than waiting for Christmas morning to come since I was a kid. Last night I noticed the tracker said it was delivered, so first thing this morning I pinged my sales guy. Went in this evening after to work to pick it up. A person at the dealership told me it would be ready tomorrow, but I bugged them enough it was ready at 5.

No dealer issues, I'm happy to say, but of course it was a 2+ hour affair...as always. Finance guy tried to get me a warranty with the works, but I declined and showed him the Flood Ford ESP site. He scratched his head and said, nope, can't beat that. Was out of there just before 8 p.m.

I lost my wife to cancer the end of last May, and this Bronco has been sort of a North Star for me and my 9 year-old son. It's been a frustrating, but great distraction for us. Now that it's over, I hope we can use it to create new memories to guide us forward. My son has had a hard time over the past year accepting we'd trade in his mom's Rav-4, and I constantly had to explain that she never liked it and preferred her 2005 Corolla over it. When we parked at the dealer today, there beside us was the same Corolla, including color, that my wife had before her Rav-4. What a serendipitous thing. It definitely made me smile.

This thing is a beast! I've only ever seen a 4-door, so I didn't know what to expect. It looks small, but at the same time is monstrous. I'm very happy I didn't go with Sasquatch, as the 33's are plenty big for me. The Velocity Blue is stunningly beautiful. The roof rails just complete the look, and I'm very happy these are real roof rails, not flimsy ones you see on most SUVs now. It is much wider than I expected, which is going to take some getting used to. It was getting dark and sprinkling out, but I went over the MIC roof with my hand all around it to make sure it was good. I couldn't notice any defects which made me happy.

I'll be spending the next few days just trying to figure everything out on the interior. It has plenty of get up and go with the 2.7l. I'm not kidding when I say I'm not sure I've had a vehicle over 150 hp before, haha! I played Glenn Campbell's Gentle on my Mind as the first song as we drove off and then we switched to some Elvis. I have the High package, so not the top of the line stereo. I thought it sounded plenty good, so I won't need to be laboring over speaker replacement. The ride was smooth, even more so than the Rav-4 I traded in. It will take me a bit to get used to driving it, but I think it is 100% a winner. I definitely would not have wanted anything larger than the 2-door. I'm so excited for all you still waiting, as you are going to love it. The wait is worth it! I'll get some more pics tomorrow when it's light outside.

20211012_195105.jpg

20211012_172802.jpg
Sorry for your loss. I hope you and your son have many great memories in your Bronco. 20 years from now, I hope your son sees an old beat up 2021 2 dr. Bronco going down the road and fondly remembers "My dad had one like that". Congratulations on the Bronco.

jwrshaffer

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Great post man. Like everyone else mentioned, sorry for your loss. Cancer sucks. I do love your car. I hope you guys do great. Can't wait to get one.

ARETE

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm sorry for you losing your wife and your son losing his Mom. I think your BRONCO can be a perfect medium for you and your Son to build a lifetime of memories in!!! Best wishes to you both, and CONGRATULATIONS on a Beautiful BRONCO!
💪🐎⚡❤

Skeeterjack

Outer Banks
First Name
RON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018MUSTANG GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There are a lot of regrets in life ,but the Bronco won’t be one of them. Enjoy the ride with your son.
Sponsored