Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad, 2020 Volvo xc40 RDesign
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, I picked up my 2-door, Velocity Blue Badlands this evening. She was built on 9/27, shipped the next day via rail, and arrived at the local rail yard, about 30 mins south of me last Wednesday, 10/6. Since then it has been worse than waiting for Christmas morning to come since I was a kid. Last night I noticed the tracker said it was delivered, so first thing this morning I pinged my sales guy. Went in this evening after to work to pick it up. A person at the dealership told me it would be ready tomorrow, but I bugged them enough it was ready at 5.

No dealer issues, I'm happy to say, but of course it was a 2+ hour affair...as always. Finance guy tried to get me a warranty with the works, but I declined and showed him the Flood Ford ESP site. He scratched his head and said, nope, can't beat that. Was out of there just before 8 p.m.

I lost my wife to cancer the end of last May, and this Bronco has been sort of a North Star for me and my 9 year-old son. It's been a frustrating, but great distraction for us. Now that it's over, I hope we can use it to create new memories to guide us forward. My son has had a hard time over the past year accepting we'd trade in his mom's Rav-4, and I constantly had to explain that she never liked it and preferred her 2005 Corolla over it. When we parked at the dealer today, there beside us was the same Corolla, including color, that my wife had before her Rav-4. What a serendipitous thing. It definitely made me smile.

This thing is a beast! I've only ever seen a 4-door, so I didn't know what to expect. It looks small, but at the same time is monstrous. I'm very happy I didn't go with Sasquatch, as the 33's are plenty big for me. The Velocity Blue is stunningly beautiful. The roof rails just complete the look, and I'm very happy these are real roof rails, not flimsy ones you see on most SUVs now. It is much wider than I expected, which is going to take some getting used to. It was getting dark and sprinkling out, but I went over the MIC roof with my hand all around it to make sure it was good. I couldn't notice any defects which made me happy.

I'll be spending the next few days just trying to figure everything out on the interior. It has plenty of get up and go with the 2.7l. I'm not kidding when I say I'm not sure I've had a vehicle over 150 hp before, haha! I played Glenn Campbell's Gentle on my Mind as the first song as we drove off and then we switched to some Elvis. I have the High package, so not the top of the line stereo. I thought it sounded plenty good, so I won't need to be laboring over speaker replacement. The ride was smooth, even more so than the Rav-4 I traded in. It will take me a bit to get used to driving it, but I think it is 100% a winner. I definitely would not have wanted anything larger than the 2-door. I'm so excited for all you still waiting, as you are going to love it. The wait is worth it! I'll get some more pics tomorrow when it's light outside.

20211012_195105.jpg

20211012_172802.jpg
So sorry for your loss and what you and your boy must be going through. Create those memories! This is one situation where Iā€™m glad you got your Bronco before I did. Iā€™m sure many on this forum feel the same way.
Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Congrats- it's almost like winning the lottery just to be able to have the chance to buy one of these things! I remember the days when Gen 1 Broncos were on the dealer lots and so available to purchase back in the late 70's. I bought two of them I liked them so much. Now, they are so hard to get, period!

NurseA.J

Outer Banks
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outerbanks Sasquatch Lux 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well, I picked up my 2-door, Velocity Blue Badlands this evening. She was built on 9/27, shipped the next day via rail, and arrived at the local rail yard, about 30 mins south of me last Wednesday, 10/6. Since then it has been worse than waiting for Christmas morning to come since I was a kid. Last night I noticed the tracker said it was delivered, so first thing this morning I pinged my sales guy. Went in this evening after to work to pick it up. A person at the dealership told me it would be ready tomorrow, but I bugged them enough it was ready at 5.

No dealer issues, I'm happy to say, but of course it was a 2+ hour affair...as always. Finance guy tried to get me a warranty with the works, but I declined and showed him the Flood Ford ESP site. He scratched his head and said, nope, can't beat that. Was out of there just before 8 p.m.

I lost my wife to cancer the end of last May, and this Bronco has been sort of a North Star for me and my 9 year-old son. It's been a frustrating, but great distraction for us. Now that it's over, I hope we can use it to create new memories to guide us forward. My son has had a hard time over the past year accepting we'd trade in his mom's Rav-4, and I constantly had to explain that she never liked it and preferred her 2005 Corolla over it. When we parked at the dealer today, there beside us was the same Corolla, including color, that my wife had before her Rav-4. What a serendipitous thing. It definitely made me smile.

This thing is a beast! I've only ever seen a 4-door, so I didn't know what to expect. It looks small, but at the same time is monstrous. I'm very happy I didn't go with Sasquatch, as the 33's are plenty big for me. The Velocity Blue is stunningly beautiful. The roof rails just complete the look, and I'm very happy these are real roof rails, not flimsy ones you see on most SUVs now. It is much wider than I expected, which is going to take some getting used to. It was getting dark and sprinkling out, but I went over the MIC roof with my hand all around it to make sure it was good. I couldn't notice any defects which made me happy.

I'll be spending the next few days just trying to figure everything out on the interior. It has plenty of get up and go with the 2.7l. I'm not kidding when I say I'm not sure I've had a vehicle over 150 hp before, haha! I played Glenn Campbell's Gentle on my Mind as the first song as we drove off and then we switched to some Elvis. I have the High package, so not the top of the line stereo. I thought it sounded plenty good, so I won't need to be laboring over speaker replacement. The ride was smooth, even more so than the Rav-4 I traded in. It will take me a bit to get used to driving it, but I think it is 100% a winner. I definitely would not have wanted anything larger than the 2-door. I'm so excited for all you still waiting, as you are going to love it. The wait is worth it! I'll get some more pics tomorrow when it's light outside.

20211012_195105.jpg

20211012_172802.jpg
Thank you for sharing your story and congratulations on such a sweet ride!!! Itā€™s GORGEOUS!!! Wishing you and your adorable son some amazing new adventures ahead! šŸ’•

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

20211012_195105.jpg

20211012_172802.jpg

See my response, here, in your other thread.

Sponsored

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

20211012_195105.jpg

20211012_172802.jpg
See my response, here, in your other thread.

4X4 Lady

Outer Banks
First Name
Fran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 4x4 Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So Sorry for your loss. A little happiness in oneā€™s life goes a long way so enjoy your son, your Bronco and the road ahead. God Bless!

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Congratulations! Now comes the fun part: getting out there and making those memories!

jdawg

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Atlas/65Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am so happy for for you and your son to have gotten your new ride. Touched and saddened by your story. So sorry for the loss you two have had. I canā€™t even imagine. Wishing you and your son the best of many happy memories to come.

PS thanks for the Ford ESP pro tip!

Busterbronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT Premium and 1982 F100 Short Bed.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am in the " transfer your 2021 order to a 2022" bucket. My wife and I have both had cancer and are lucky to still have each other. I am sorry for your loss. That Bronco is gorgeous. Take care of it and I know you will. Our Bronco will be a renewing of good times together for us too! (once I finally get it).

Sponsored

mljohnson1973

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So happy for you and your son . I hope you two create such amazing memories together and in whatever ways possible helps you both heal. Congratulations to you both , enjoy every moment.

79BKO

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 Bronco, 21 Bronco Big Bend SAS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sorry for your loss. Congrats on your new Bronco. It looks amazing. I just picked up my 2 dr Saturday. And it's amazing. Ford did good on bringing the Bronco back. Enjoy the time with your son. They grow up way to fast!

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I didnā€™t know reading your post would bring me on an emotional journey as well. Im so sorry for your loss. What a crazy coincidence about her very car showing up at that moment. A sign for sure.

Iā€™m so happy for you & your son to begin making some new memories together. Congratulations!!!

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Finally some actual happy news instead of the sky is falling Debbie downers on here! Glad to see it all fell into place and worked out for you. If only more posts/posters were positive like this. Congrats!šŸŽŠšŸŽ‰šŸŽˆ