Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm so sorry for your loss. Your post is touching and full of emotion. She will be with you and your son as you travel in your Bronco. Congratulations!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Philvis77

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Man alive! I really like the two door with velocity blue. Based on your sons smile, you better get in line for a 2028 because he’s taking yours 😉… Congrats!
Haha, tell me about it! He had a rough night yesterday I think triggered by the trade in of his mom's vehicle, but this morning and evening when in the Bronco he was all smiles telling me how much he loved it. That 12 inch screen is something else for him!

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 2000, Mini Cooper convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Condolences for your loss. People are what matters. The bronco is dope but things are things. The memories you make with that thing will be what matters. You picked a fantastic choice to make some great memories. The 2 door is so good….

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well, I picked up my 2-door, Velocity Blue Badlands this evening. She was built on 9/27, shipped the next day via rail, and arrived at the local rail yard, about 30 mins south of me last Wednesday, 10/6. Since then it has been worse than waiting for Christmas morning to come since I was a kid. Last night I noticed the tracker said it was delivered, so first thing this morning I pinged my sales guy. Went in this evening after to work to pick it up. A person at the dealership told me it would be ready tomorrow, but I bugged them enough it was ready at 5.

No dealer issues, I'm happy to say, but of course it was a 2+ hour affair...as always. Finance guy tried to get me a warranty with the works, but I declined and showed him the Flood Ford ESP site. He scratched his head and said, nope, can't beat that. Was out of there just before 8 p.m.

I lost my wife to cancer the end of last May, and this Bronco has been sort of a North Star for me and my 9 year-old son. It's been a frustrating, but great distraction for us. Now that it's over, I hope we can use it to create new memories to guide us forward. My son has had a hard time over the past year accepting we'd trade in his mom's Rav-4, and I constantly had to explain that she never liked it and preferred her 2005 Corolla over it. When we parked at the dealer today, there beside us was the same Corolla, including color, that my wife had before her Rav-4. What a serendipitous thing. It definitely made me smile.

This thing is a beast! I've only ever seen a 4-door, so I didn't know what to expect. It looks small, but at the same time is monstrous. I'm very happy I didn't go with Sasquatch, as the 33's are plenty big for me. The Velocity Blue is stunningly beautiful. The roof rails just complete the look, and I'm very happy these are real roof rails, not flimsy ones you see on most SUVs now. It is much wider than I expected, which is going to take some getting used to. It was getting dark and sprinkling out, but I went over the MIC roof with my hand all around it to make sure it was good. I couldn't notice any defects which made me happy.

I'll be spending the next few days just trying to figure everything out on the interior. It has plenty of get up and go with the 2.7l. I'm not kidding when I say I'm not sure I've had a vehicle over 150 hp before, haha! I played Glenn Campbell's Gentle on my Mind as the first song as we drove off and then we switched to some Elvis. I have the High package, so not the top of the line stereo. I thought it sounded plenty good, so I won't need to be laboring over speaker replacement. The ride was smooth, even more so than the Rav-4 I traded in. It will take me a bit to get used to driving it, but I think it is 100% a winner. I definitely would not have wanted anything larger than the 2-door. I'm so excited for all you still waiting, as you are going to love it. The wait is worth it! I'll get some more pics tomorrow when it's light outside.

20211012_195105.jpg

20211012_172802.jpg
Best of luck with your son and new Bronco!

Plala

Big Bend
First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m so sorry for your loss but I am 100% convinced that the Corolla was your wife showing up to let y’all know she’s OK and you’re doing the right thing. She’s just sending you some love. It’ll be 15 years in December since my husband died and believe it or not it does get easier. Anyways congrats on your bronco – it looks amazing! Like someone said above lots of great memories for you and your son to make in this. Peace.

Sponsored

jd-ford-hd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 Explorer, ‘13 F150, ‘99 F350, '74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very poignant story on all points.! Condolences and congratulations.! 😢👏

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Best of luck with your son and new Bronco!
And please take more photos. Not enough two doors. Though I am warming up to 4 door but needs a lift, 33’s,or Sasquatch.

OP
OP
Philvis77

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
And please take more photos. Not enough two doors. Though I am warming up to 4 door but needs a lift, 33’s,or Sasquatch.
Here's a couple from the morning after I picked it up. No, I didn't hire fog machines! Haha. I'll get some more this afternoon. I've been slammed at work.

20211013_083133.jpg

20211013_083124.jpg

iradi8

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

May her memory be a blessing and may the Bronco make many more memories! Enjoy!

Kenny H

Badlands
First Name
KIBUM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, FRS, Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, I picked up my 2-door, Velocity Blue Badlands this evening. She was built on 9/27, shipped the next day via rail, and arrived at the local rail yard, about 30 mins south of me last Wednesday, 10/6. Since then it has been worse than waiting for Christmas morning to come since I was a kid. Last night I noticed the tracker said it was delivered, so first thing this morning I pinged my sales guy. Went in this evening after to work to pick it up. A person at the dealership told me it would be ready tomorrow, but I bugged them enough it was ready at 5.

No dealer issues, I'm happy to say, but of course it was a 2+ hour affair...as always. Finance guy tried to get me a warranty with the works, but I declined and showed him the Flood Ford ESP site. He scratched his head and said, nope, can't beat that. Was out of there just before 8 p.m.

I lost my wife to cancer the end of last May, and this Bronco has been sort of a North Star for me and my 9 year-old son. It's been a frustrating, but great distraction for us. Now that it's over, I hope we can use it to create new memories to guide us forward. My son has had a hard time over the past year accepting we'd trade in his mom's Rav-4, and I constantly had to explain that she never liked it and preferred her 2005 Corolla over it. When we parked at the dealer today, there beside us was the same Corolla, including color, that my wife had before her Rav-4. What a serendipitous thing. It definitely made me smile.

This thing is a beast! I've only ever seen a 4-door, so I didn't know what to expect. It looks small, but at the same time is monstrous. I'm very happy I didn't go with Sasquatch, as the 33's are plenty big for me. The Velocity Blue is stunningly beautiful. The roof rails just complete the look, and I'm very happy these are real roof rails, not flimsy ones you see on most SUVs now. It is much wider than I expected, which is going to take some getting used to. It was getting dark and sprinkling out, but I went over the MIC roof with my hand all around it to make sure it was good. I couldn't notice any defects which made me happy.

I'll be spending the next few days just trying to figure everything out on the interior. It has plenty of get up and go with the 2.7l. I'm not kidding when I say I'm not sure I've had a vehicle over 150 hp before, haha! I played Glenn Campbell's Gentle on my Mind as the first song as we drove off and then we switched to some Elvis. I have the High package, so not the top of the line stereo. I thought it sounded plenty good, so I won't need to be laboring over speaker replacement. The ride was smooth, even more so than the Rav-4 I traded in. It will take me a bit to get used to driving it, but I think it is 100% a winner. I definitely would not have wanted anything larger than the 2-door. I'm so excited for all you still waiting, as you are going to love it. The wait is worth it! I'll get some more pics tomorrow when it's light outside.

Ford Bronco Emotional journey has ended 20211013_083124

She is a beautiful hardtop 2 doors.

Sponsored

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am sorry for you loss. Life is not fair. But you still have your son to raise and enjoy. My life also took a life changing turn last year. My only son, who I lived with all his life passed in July just before his 37th birthday. I watched the Bronco roll out last year but waited to do anything because I had so much stuff going on. My first new vehicle was a green '70 Bronco. Three years before my son passed, my only daughter passed from diabetes. In 2000 my divorce was final, a few months before my Dad passed from ALS.. So now I am really alone, no wife, no kids or grandkids. My mom is 89 with issues and my sister is passing slowly from bone cancer. Life really is not fair.
I'll get another green Bronco some day but with all the games that Ford and the dealers are playing it looks like it will be way down the line.

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Here's a couple from the morning after I picked it up. No, I didn't hire fog machines! Haha. I'll get some more this afternoon. I've been slammed at work.

Beautiful!

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am sorry for you loss. Life is not fair. But you still have your son to raise and enjoy. My life also took a life changing turn last year. My only son, who I lived with all his life passed in July just before his 37th birthday. I watched the Bronco roll out last year but waited to do anything because I had so much stuff going on. My first new vehicle was a green '70 Bronco. Three years before my son passed, my only daughter passed from diabetes. In 2000 my divorce was final, a few months before my Dad passed from ALS.. So now I am really alone, no wife, no kids or grandkids. My mom is 89 with issues and my sister is passing slowly from bone cancer. Life really is not fair.
I'll get another green Bronco some day but with all the games that Ford and the dealers are playing it looks like it will be way down the line.
Dude you need some good karma after all that. My cousin lost both his parents when he was a lot younger and his sister all within 5 years. That’s the only person i know that got a rough go but losing both children just seems very cruel. Condolences as well.

The wife, well sometimes deleting that is an upgrade, kind of like the two door seat delete that some on this board are doing, so hopefully that turned out to be a good thing for you.

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When your wife leaves you and all your kids pass before they have kids, you're done. I would not wish my past on anyone. I'll be the last man standing.

OP
OP
Philvis77

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sorry to here that. I know it's definitely tough. Just try to hang in there. Hope can be a strong thing some times.
Sponsored