David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Beautiful truck! My condolences for you and your son on the passing of you wife. You two will surely make some great memories in that truck in the years to come.
Sponsored

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So sorry she’s gone. Glad you have the Bronco now.

Lxatoledo

Wildtrak
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well, I picked up my 2-door, Velocity Blue Badlands this evening. She was built on 9/27, shipped the next day via rail, and arrived at the local rail yard, about 30 mins south of me last Wednesday, 10/6. Since then it has been worse than waiting for Christmas morning to come since I was a kid. Last night I noticed the tracker said it was delivered, so first thing this morning I pinged my sales guy. Went in this evening after to work to pick it up. A person at the dealership told me it would be ready tomorrow, but I bugged them enough it was ready at 5.

No dealer issues, I'm happy to say, but of course it was a 2+ hour affair...as always. Finance guy tried to get me a warranty with the works, but I declined and showed him the Flood Ford ESP site. He scratched his head and said, nope, can't beat that. Was out of there just before 8 p.m.

I lost my wife to cancer the end of last May, and this Bronco has been sort of a North Star for me and my 9 year-old son. It's been a frustrating, but great distraction for us. Now that it's over, I hope we can use it to create new memories to guide us forward. My son has had a hard time over the past year accepting we'd trade in his mom's Rav-4, and I constantly had to explain that she never liked it and preferred her 2005 Corolla over it. When we parked at the dealer today, there beside us was the same Corolla, including color, that my wife had before her Rav-4. What a serendipitous thing. It definitely made me smile.

This thing is a beast! I've only ever seen a 4-door, so I didn't know what to expect. It looks small, but at the same time is monstrous. I'm very happy I didn't go with Sasquatch, as the 33's are plenty big for me. The Velocity Blue is stunningly beautiful. The roof rails just complete the look, and I'm very happy these are real roof rails, not flimsy ones you see on most SUVs now. It is much wider than I expected, which is going to take some getting used to. It was getting dark and sprinkling out, but I went over the MIC roof with my hand all around it to make sure it was good. I couldn't notice any defects which made me happy.

I'll be spending the next few days just trying to figure everything out on the interior. It has plenty of get up and go with the 2.7l. I'm not kidding when I say I'm not sure I've had a vehicle over 150 hp before, haha! I played Glenn Campbell's Gentle on my Mind as the first song as we drove off and then we switched to some Elvis. I have the High package, so not the top of the line stereo. I thought it sounded plenty good, so I won't need to be laboring over speaker replacement. The ride was smooth, even more so than the Rav-4 I traded in. It will take me a bit to get used to driving it, but I think it is 100% a winner. I definitely would not have wanted anything larger than the 2-door. I'm so excited for all you still waiting, as you are going to love it. The wait is worth it! I'll get some more pics tomorrow when it's light outside.

20211012_195105.jpg

20211012_172802.jpg
Nice looking rig..........prayers your way.

Spidie

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 sport trac
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well, I picked up my 2-door, Velocity Blue Badlands this evening. She was built on 9/27, shipped the next day via rail, and arrived at the local rail yard, about 30 mins south of me last Wednesday, 10/6. Since then it has been worse than waiting for Christmas morning to come since I was a kid. Last night I noticed the tracker said it was delivered, so first thing this morning I pinged my sales guy. Went in this evening after to work to pick it up. A person at the dealership told me it would be ready tomorrow, but I bugged them enough it was ready at 5.

No dealer issues, I'm happy to say, but of course it was a 2+ hour affair...as always. Finance guy tried to get me a warranty with the works, but I declined and showed him the Flood Ford ESP site. He scratched his head and said, nope, can't beat that. Was out of there just before 8 p.m.

I lost my wife to cancer the end of last May, and this Bronco has been sort of a North Star for me and my 9 year-old son. It's been a frustrating, but great distraction for us. Now that it's over, I hope we can use it to create new memories to guide us forward. My son has had a hard time over the past year accepting we'd trade in his mom's Rav-4, and I constantly had to explain that she never liked it and preferred her 2005 Corolla over it. When we parked at the dealer today, there beside us was the same Corolla, including color, that my wife had before her Rav-4. What a serendipitous thing. It definitely made me smile.

This thing is a beast! I've only ever seen a 4-door, so I didn't know what to expect. It looks small, but at the same time is monstrous. I'm very happy I didn't go with Sasquatch, as the 33's are plenty big for me. The Velocity Blue is stunningly beautiful. The roof rails just complete the look, and I'm very happy these are real roof rails, not flimsy ones you see on most SUVs now. It is much wider than I expected, which is going to take some getting used to. It was getting dark and sprinkling out, but I went over the MIC roof with my hand all around it to make sure it was good. I couldn't notice any defects which made me happy.

I'll be spending the next few days just trying to figure everything out on the interior. It has plenty of get up and go with the 2.7l. I'm not kidding when I say I'm not sure I've had a vehicle over 150 hp before, haha! I played Glenn Campbell's Gentle on my Mind as the first song as we drove off and then we switched to some Elvis. I have the High package, so not the top of the line stereo. I thought it sounded plenty good, so I won't need to be laboring over speaker replacement. The ride was smooth, even more so than the Rav-4 I traded in. It will take me a bit to get used to driving it, but I think it is 100% a winner. I definitely would not have wanted anything larger than the 2-door. I'm so excited for all you still waiting, as you are going to love it. The wait is worth it! I'll get some more pics tomorrow when it's light outside.

20211012_195105.jpg

20211012_172802.jpg

[/QUO

20211012_195105.jpg

20211012_172802.jpg
Awsome man.... but question. Yours was actually built 09/27? Or new roof exchange that date? I been built since August 3rd and mines still in dirt mountain. I like those tires alot more than what comes on my outerbanks... beefier

Salicrupa

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover Defender 90
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thank you for sharing your story. a toast to you and your son and the new adventures and memories both of you will create.

Sponsored

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Great looking rig. Get out there, have fun and make some memories. Prayers your way.

Skydoc

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F350 , LS3 V8 Jeep Wrangler jku
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

20211012_195105.jpg

20211012_172802.jpg
So sorry for all you have both been through but so happy for your new start with the Bronco! Enjoy

sLopeFx

Black Diamond
First Name
FxA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco BD Sas, 07 BMW 335i, 02 Cooper S JCW
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

20211012_195105.jpg

20211012_172802.jpg
I am sorry about your wife. I feel that you and your son will have some great adventures as mom looks over you two. Enjoy the ride and all the best!

555-RGNE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Basequatch 2dr 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
That 2 door is amazing in Badlands with 33s. My oldest son is almost 11 and I plan on giving him the 4 door I have on order (assuming I get it by 2026 ;)) and getting a 2 door. 33s is a perfect fit for that size

I pray for your son and his healing through the loss journey. My oldest son was a couple of weeks away from turning 4 when he lost his 18 month old brother to cancer. My wife and I were devastated, but we could compartmentalize and move forward - we had not choice because we still had a living son that needed us. Children are different, but still very resilient. I pray that your son finds strength in the ability to move on without forgetting, to love without the fear of loss, and for wisdom to understand that the hard times will never go away completely, but they will become fewer and farther in between.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That was a sweet story and I'm so sorry that you lost your wife. Blessings to you and your son. I hope your adventures in your Bronco will bond you together even more.

Sponsored

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

20211012_195105.jpg

20211012_172802.jpg
Best of luck, Bronco Brother!

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I hope you and your son enjoy the bronco and make tons of memories in it👍
Take him on a dirt road somewhere outta the way an let him drive its something he will never forget.

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

God bless you and your son. Make some wonderful memories.
ps F*ck cancer to hell. Seriously.

asurfer11

Badlands
First Name
ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 africa twin
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

20211012_195105.jpg

20211012_172802.jpg
Congrats brother! I have the same build except it is a stick. Mine was built 9/29 and should be here in a few more weeks!
it was definitely a sign that you wife was there with you when you saw the corolla. So sorry for you loss… have fun with your boy and your bronco and happy trails!
Sponsored