Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 3500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sorry for your loss and I hope this Bronco fills your life with found memories you and your son can treasure forever.
Sponsored

kbBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2019 Honda Rebel 300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Iā€™m so sorry for your loss, that lettuce, and that rig are both choice. Ride on brother, ride on.

LowerDixie77

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Bronco, 2009 F150, 2017 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good stuff. You and your son will make some great memories Iā€™m sure. He will be driving to school in it before you know it. I have pretty much same build but CG.

awall987

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 LJ, '23 2dr BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sorry to hear that man, but hope you and your son can make some great memories with the Bronco.

I completely understand how this Bronco process, no matter how frustrating at times, can be a welcome distraction. The past almost 2yrs one of my daughters has had life threatening medical issues, we've spent too much time in hospitals, etc. I would feel guilty for thinking about a Bronco, as materialistic items just aren't important, but being able to hop on to the forum was a welcome escape. I always pictured it in my head, finally getting my Bronco (next year??) and looking back in the mirror and seeing BOTH of my daughters back there smiling, can't wait.

Mustang Mike

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What a great way to bond and make new memories!

Congrats!

Sponsored

GoesOverAnyTerrain

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Ascent
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Enjoying hearing others personal connection to the bronco. My best to you and your son. Sorry for your tragic loss.

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
At this point.........As long as the kid is happy, then it's all good.

BE5OME1

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 SXT 4x4, 1967 Mustang, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sorry for your loss brother, But i know you have an angel smiling down on the many adventures you and your son will embark on. Shields High Brother.

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, I picked up my 2-door, Velocity Blue Badlands this evening. She was built on 9/27, shipped the next day via rail, and arrived at the local rail yard, about 30 mins south of me last Wednesday, 10/6. Since then it has been worse than waiting for Christmas morning to come since I was a kid. Last night I noticed the tracker said it was delivered, so first thing this morning I pinged my sales guy. Went in this evening after to work to pick it up. A person at the dealership told me it would be ready tomorrow, but I bugged them enough it was ready at 5.

No dealer issues, I'm happy to say, but of course it was a 2+ hour affair...as always. Finance guy tried to get me a warranty with the works, but I declined and showed him the Flood Ford ESP site. He scratched his head and said, nope, can't beat that. Was out of there just before 8 p.m.

I lost my wife to cancer the end of last May, and this Bronco has been sort of a North Star for me and my 9 year-old son. It's been a frustrating, but great distraction for us. Now that it's over, I hope we can use it to create new memories to guide us forward. My son has had a hard time over the past year accepting we'd trade in his mom's Rav-4, and I constantly had to explain that she never liked it and preferred her 2005 Corolla over it. When we parked at the dealer today, there beside us was the same Corolla, including color, that my wife had before her Rav-4. What a serendipitous thing. It definitely made me smile.

This thing is a beast! I've only ever seen a 4-door, so I didn't know what to expect. It looks small, but at the same time is monstrous. I'm very happy I didn't go with Sasquatch, as the 33's are plenty big for me. The Velocity Blue is stunningly beautiful. The roof rails just complete the look, and I'm very happy these are real roof rails, not flimsy ones you see on most SUVs now. It is much wider than I expected, which is going to take some getting used to. It was getting dark and sprinkling out, but I went over the MIC roof with my hand all around it to make sure it was good. I couldn't notice any defects which made me happy.

I'll be spending the next few days just trying to figure everything out on the interior. It has plenty of get up and go with the 2.7l. I'm not kidding when I say I'm not sure I've had a vehicle over 150 hp before, haha! I played Glenn Campbell's Gentle on my Mind as the first song as we drove off and then we switched to some Elvis. I have the High package, so not the top of the line stereo. I thought it sounded plenty good, so I won't need to be laboring over speaker replacement. The ride was smooth, even more so than the Rav-4 I traded in. It will take me a bit to get used to driving it, but I think it is 100% a winner. I definitely would not have wanted anything larger than the 2-door. I'm so excited for all you still waiting, as you are going to love it. The wait is worth it! I'll get some more pics tomorrow when it's light outside.

20211012_195105.jpg

20211012_172802.jpg
Congratulations on the new BRONCO and my condolences on the loss of your wife. That young man needs you more than ever. Appreciate every moment with him because and I'm sure you're heard it before, he'll be a man before you know it! Give him space to grow and even to fail just let him know that you're there for him.

Enjoy your time together and travel safe!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Philvis77

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It was built on 9/27. I originally had a week of 8/23 build, but the MIC issue delayed it.

OP
OP
Philvis77

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That 2 door is amazing in Badlands with 33s. My oldest son is almost 11 and I plan on giving him the 4 door I have on order (assuming I get it by 2026 ;)) and getting a 2 door. 33s is a perfect fit for that size

I pray for your son and his healing through the loss journey. My oldest son was a couple of weeks away from turning 4 when he lost his 18 month old brother to cancer. My wife and I were devastated, but we could compartmentalize and move forward - we had not choice because we still had a living son that needed us. Children are different, but still very resilient. I pray that your son finds strength in the ability to move on without forgetting, to love without the fear of loss, and for wisdom to understand that the hard times will never go away completely, but they will become fewer and farther in between.
Sympathies for your loss too my friend. He's loving it so far.. told my son it will probably be his unless the flying cars are finally here when it's time for him to drive, haha.

LPETTIS4

Outer Banks
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've read hundreds of pages on this site and this by far is the best post ever. My sincerest condolences to you & your Son. That Corolla sitting at the dealership when you got there was a sign from your wife, telling you to enjoy your new ride. The memories you & your Son will make will be priceless.

Booker34

Badlands
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man alive! I really like the two door with velocity blue. Based on your sons smile, you better get in line for a 2028 because heā€™s taking yours šŸ˜‰ā€¦ Congrats!

KaneNorth

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The more I look at velocity blue the more I love it! Hope you and your son have many great adventures together.
Sponsored