Sponsored

Encouraging news for those of us coming from Toyotas....

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would say Toyota is not rated high in this segment because the Tacoma been a nearly identical truck for the last 10 years. They are due for an update.

Glad to hear the Ranger is doing so well, though. I always liked those and considered one for a while.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would say Toyota is not rated high in this segment because the Tacoma been a nearly identical truck for the last 10 years. They are due for an update.

Glad to hear the Ranger is doing so well, though. I always liked those and considered one for a while.
IMO the Tacoma has gotten worse. I’d take the old 4.0 Tacoma over the current one every day of the week. Still would never buy one due to the horrific rear seats but the current gen 6 speed is apparently pure trash. The 5 speed may be a slush box in the truest sense of the word but at least it’s dead reliable and doesn’t hunt for gears that bad.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You “Toyota” people will be scared of the power of ecoboost after driving snails for so long.

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Rangers were little work horses back in the day .. Mazda B series ran with them for while also .. great truck if history repeats itself ..

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You “Toyota” people will be scared of the power of ecoboost after driving snails for so long.
But the snail shell looks like a turbo.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You should look at the survey. It has nothing to do with age. This is initial quality based on complaints during the initial ownership period. Nothing to do with the age of the truck, options etc. To be fair, it also says nothing about long term reliability either. The Ranger is simple, consistent and seemingly well built. Sound familiar (Toyota formula) ?Add best in class power, towing and payload and you have a decent truck. Full disclosure, my son just bought a 2020 Supercrew FX4 and so far, I am super impressed.
Sponsored