Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord and Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Changed oil before going into storage for 5 months. Should I change it again after?
Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Changed oil before going into storage for 5 months. Should I change it again after?
Nor sure why you would. I’ve been storing vehicles over the winter months for 30 years. I stick with my standard schedule unless I’m close before storage and then I’ll do it before.

Y2KFirehawk

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Definitely not. To validate with data, I have done oil analysis reports (Blackstone) to validate the same.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Only fluid change after storage to consider would be the fuel if you did not use Sta-bil or similar. 5 month old gas will be crap by now and you have a full tank. That being said, you would have parked with a completely full tank so condensation and degradation would be less than if parked with minimal fuel in the tank.

I would try to burn through that tank as quickly as possible and even consider at half full topping with higher grade than you normally run

OP
OP
MK0412

MK0412

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord and Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

wasn’t able to use fuel stabilizer. Had issues pouring it in. Don’t think the spout was long enough. Filled it up with premium fuel which is what I use regularly. Burning through the gas shouldn’t be an issue. It’s storaged in a temperature controlled location.

Only fluid change after storage to consider would be the fuel if you did not use Sta-bil or similar. 5 month old gas will be crap by now and you have a full tank. That being said, you would have parked with a completely full tank so condensation and degradation would be less than if parked with minimal fuel in the tank.

I would try to burn through that tank as quickly as possible and even consider at half full topping with higher grade than you normally run

Sponsored

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

wasn’t able to use fuel stabilizer. Had issues pouring it in. Don’t think the spout was long enough. Filled it up with premium fuel which is what I use regularly. Burning through the gas shouldn’t be an issue. It’s storaged in a temperature controlled location.
For future events, there is a spout in your rear cubby (Where the jack is) meant for filling the tank from a gas can, You can use that to pour fuel stabilizer into the tank.

Only reason to change any fluids is if there was a possibility of contamination in those fluids (Like outside storage, or storage in a corner of a working shop with lot of junk in the air), It's sounds like the conditions you store it in are going to prevent that!

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Next time pour the stabilizer in a gas can with gas to pour it in.

Don't worry about the oil

Turner00

Badlands
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had the same issue with injector cleaner, you need to use the semi-transparent thin funnel stored with the jack in the back.
Sponsored