gaaangs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just test drove a Bronco with the 4 cylinder. I came away with it feeling like it was VERY noisy. Not a great sounding engine either.

Im questioning whether to spring for the v6. How does that noise compare to the 4 cyliner? The same? Louder? Quietter?
Sponsored

Rabidpug

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This rig isn’t really built to hide sounds and make for a quiet drive in any configuration. The four cylinder is a noisy engine but all seem that way nowadays. I like it personally.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Many more issues with the v6. The bronco is a brick that doesn’t specialize in sound deadening so if that’s what you’re looking for then the bronco isn’t for you. All I hear with my 4 cylinder is intake and turbo, but I have several upgrades

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Also consider that some trim levels and packages come with additional sound deadening material on the hood and I believe also along the firewall. If the one you tested did not have that, you might find that a version with the sound deadening but same engine sounds quieter.

But also agree with the other responses. I don't consider my 2.3L 'noisy' but nothing about it is a pleasant sound either. And engine noise is mostly drowned out by wind noise anyway.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Many more issues with the v6. The bronco is a brick that doesn’t specialize in sound deadening so if that’s what you’re looking for then the bronco isn’t for you. All I hear with my 4 cylinder is intake and turbo, but I have several upgrades
Disagree, but I have an OBX 2.7 Lux package. The engine, provided that I am not running the Flowmaster High Clearance Axle Back exhaust is extremely quiet... almost too quiet. It's also been dead reliable for 60k miles over 14 months.

I also drove a 2023 Base model with the V6 and it really wasn't any noisier.

Sponsored

HoosierMan

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT & 2014 F350
Your Bronco Model
Base
I do not have any complaints about the V6 in my BaseSquatch! Quieter than I expected since I do not have any additional sound deadening...

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Disagree, but I have an OBX 2.7 Lux package. The engine, provided that I am not running the Flowmaster High Clearance Axle Back exhaust is extremely quiet... almost too quiet. It's also been dead reliable for 60k miles over 14 months.

I also drove a 2023 Base model with the V6 and it really wasn't any noisier.
My top is always down and doors are typically off with the music up so I have a biased opinion and honestly the bronco could sound like a jet engine and I wouldn’t care bc I love it so much. I was mainly referring to the 2.7 engine failures which in the grand scheme of things is minimal considering the volume they have produced thus far.
Sponsored