Sponsored

Engine stopped dead deep on a trail (Fuel Pump Failure)

OP
OP

Revserved7.14.20_1000

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4, Audi Q7, Gt500, Ducati
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Plus it always ruins bragging rights! I take it things went down like this, "He Dad, come on out with us and the new Bronco this weekend off road. Its tons of fun and we drive the whole thing so you won't even have to walk on your bad knees. I promise that you will have a blast and being that its new, we should have no issues at all."
Haha nah, her dad enjoys the jaunts off-road. She was jealous that she was working last weekend when we first went up the bountiful ATV trails. She had saturday off and was making me a to do/to help with list and I told her flat out "heck no, Im not doing BS for the heck of it". So I said "grab the kids we can go explore where we were last weekend".

I enjoy spontaneity, and the bronco has been great for that, until now. haha her dad slept all day Sunday basically, until I had him pick me up from the staging area in bountiful. We are all from PA so we are just at the tip of the iceberg as far as exploring utah goes.
Sponsored

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where are you all located? I am out on the syracuse/west point border. The owner of Ed Kenley fords wife has a cactus grey 4 door I see daily, I also see a cyber orange 4 door soft top at my kids school, saw a white badlands 4 door hardtop at target in layton last week, an area 51 badlands hardtop Ive seen in layton a couple times. None do I know where they live, but I see broncos daily at this point. Your build is almost identical to mine, only you got yours way before me (darn hardtop) I took delivery in February.
I'm right nearby the Draper Amphitheater. I found Brandon while teaching my daughter driving, he'd left his out in the driveway and I recognized the wheels! Haha! He's a few blocks from me. I got mine through Ken Garff West Valley Ford and I think I was in the very first handful of broncos they had. When I got the call from the dealership that mine was in production, I was a little floored, really. So, several of us here in Draper, @TheKim is down around Eagle Mountain, we've all gone wheeling together at 5 Mile Pass and I see most of the guys at BOAR Offroad events down in these parts.

Up closer to you, I sometimes go out with Wasatch Outlaw Wheelers, but I've not been able to in several months just due to being busy... Darn work getting in the way!

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm right nearby the Draper Amphitheater. I found Brandon while teaching my daughter driving, he'd left his out in the driveway and I recognized the wheels! Haha! He's a few blocks from me. I got mine through Ken Garff West Valley Ford and I think I was in the very first handful of broncos they had. When I got the call from the dealership that mine was in production, I was a little floored, really. So, several of us here in Draper, @TheKim is down around Eagle Mountain, we've all gone wheeling together at 5 Mile Pass and I see most of the guys at BOAR Offroad events down in these parts.

Up closer to you, I sometimes go out with Wasatch Outlaw Wheelers, but I've not been able to in several months just due to being busy... Darn work getting in the way!
It's been so damn hot that I've just been hiding in the basement for the past few weeks šŸ˜†.
I'll probably go out more when it starts to cool down, planning on a couple tent camping trips late summer or fall.

Jmor

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My engine stopped running about 5-6 miles down a trail. I crawled down a hill, turned at the bottom and I felt it sputtering, so I shut my ac off to remove that load and it shut off. Tried restarting and it wonā€™t start. Turns over but never actually starts. I donā€™t really know what to do now. I did all of the basic troubleshooting, fuses, let it cool down, and still get the same result. It has a full tank, nothing physically happened to it, it literally just sputtered and died.
šŸ˜” Glad u got out safešŸ‘Œ
A 21 or 22 model year?
Any news from. Dealer yet?

OP
OP

Revserved7.14.20_1000

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is a 2021 from the 12/6/21 build week.

Update: The dealer checked it out on Monday and Tuesday, they had A fault for Fuel Pressure System Circuit (once I get the write-ups, I will post them). They looked over the whole harness to the fuel pump, and after that they didnā€™t really tell me too much. I went in today to drive their demo lightning (awesome btw), and figured I would ask about the bronco. Lo and behold it has a fuel pump on order, with a backorder eta that is unknown. So yeah probably wonā€™t have Grace (finally named the bronco), backuntil past the middle of August. The worst part is there are no loaners or rentals available, so Iā€™m kinda screwed for a bit.

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is a 2021 from the 12/6/21 build week.

Update: The dealer checked it out on Monday and Tuesday, they had A fault for Fuel Pressure System Circuit (once I get the write-ups, I will post them). They looked over the whole harness to the fuel pump, and after that they didnā€™t really tell me too much. I went in today to drive their demo lightning (awesome btw), and figured I would ask about the bronco. Lo and behold it has a fuel pump on order, with a backorder eta that is unknown. So yeah probably wonā€™t have Grace (finally named the bronco), backuntil past the middle of August. The worst part is there are no loaners or rentals available, so Iā€™m kinda screwed for a bit.
Did they say anything about the Fuel Pump Control Module? On mine, the FPCM also failed. Fortunately, it was sourced almost instantly, unlike a lot of other modules which are on backorder due to the worldwide microchip shortage.

Attached are some images of the extraction process.

Ford Bronco Engine stopped dead deep on a trail (Fuel Pump Failure) 70370E91-9135-4AB8-B499-A43B6D71C2F6

Ford Bronco Engine stopped dead deep on a trail (Fuel Pump Failure) 70370E91-9135-4AB8-B499-A43B6D71C2F6

Looks like you met a good group of guys. You may run across them again someday, or even go wheeling together. Glad they were able to help expedite your recovery. šŸ‘

OP
OP

Revserved7.14.20_1000

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update: 8/4/22

Ford reached out to me via this thread to start a customer service incident. They called me stating that the fuel pump is on backorder (with an urgent status) and the latest it will arrive at the dealership will be 8/27. I have tried to speak to the customer service rep since then to no avail.

I have been without the vehicle for almost three weeks now and am finally getting a loaner tomorrow.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford reached out to me via this thread to start a customer service incident. They called me stating that the fuel pump is on backorder (with an urgent status) and the latest it will arrive at the dealership will be 8/27. I have tried to speak to the customer service rep since then to no avail.

I have been without the vehicle for almost three weeks now and am finally getting a loaner tomorrow.

Would they not approve a loaner any earlier? You should have had one as soon as they determined it was a warrantied issue.

OP
OP

Revserved7.14.20_1000

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would they not approve a loaner any earlier? You should have had one as soon as they determined it was a warrantied issue.
Thatā€™s what I thought but they said they didnā€™t have any loaners available and neither did enterprise. I was hoping they would just use a different company to make it happen, but nope. It has been frustrating.

Sponsored

B Wagon

Badlands
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21ā€™ 2.7 Cactus Grey 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thatā€™s what I thought but they said they didnā€™t have any loaners available and neither did enterprise. I was hoping they would just use a different company to make it happen, but nope. It has been frustrating.
Sorry to hear this. My 21ā€™ 2.7 Badlands is also at my dealer with a bad fuel pump. Itā€™s been there for 3 weeks. I finally got a response and case number from @Ford Motor Company on this forum. Low and behold my dealer left me a voicemail today to say my fuel pump had arrived. Mind you Iā€™ve had zero communication from my dealer for 3 weeks until they were I assume contacted today by Ford. But also to tell me they have no idea when it will be repaired šŸ™„
I saw someone else comment that a lot of the failures occurred on a hill, I was literally (and luckily) backing into my garage. No incline involved. I hope you get yours back soon with better luck than Iā€™ve had.

RedThor

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My 22 Wildtrak fuel pump gave out the exact same way, on an incline with a lot of gas on the tankā€¦ Been warning folks for a long time now that these fuel pumps are duds and wheel with a lot of precautions because they are giving out and letting a lot of stranded in sketchy spots.

scojosmac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 / bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine failed yesterday while on a trail ride for Bronco Super Celebration west. ( nothing like your bronco breaking while surrounded by 50-60 other 6gā€™s

March 22 build
Was heading down a hill
3/4 tank of fuel

Idle RPM dropped to 500, threw A CEL ( p00c6 ) then It was done

finally off the trail but 200miles away from home.

Any help @Ford Motor Company would be appreciated! Itā€™s my wifeā€™s daily driver

WilPower

Badlands
First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands 4dr 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine failed yesterday while on a trail ride for Bronco Super Celebration west. ( nothing like your bronco breaking while surrounded by 50-60 other 6gā€™s
I was there with and it is unfortunate to see this happen. At least 50 other 6G Broncos were on that same exact trail within the hour. What made this worse is the was zero cell service for any provider and it would have been an unsafe situation had there not been an entire group on that trail to pull the disabled Bronco to the trailhead. I hope Ford looks into this matter and responses with an adequate and safe solution to prevent this from happening.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has your fuel pump been replaced yet?
Sponsored