Sponsored

Enhanced Voice recognition - Is this an extra mic for the Sync 4 system to hear you better?

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is this an extra mic for the Sync 4 system to hear you better?
Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was just reading a little about it last night. Very little because there isn't much info about it. I think it would probably be worth the extra money if you drive a lot and need to be totally hands free. I use my old lady sync system all the time.

rcengr

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've been wondering about this myself. I'm concerned that this feature means that the car is listening to your conversations 100% of the time waiting for a key word like "alexa" or "hey google". I don't want this. From the Ford press release:

By taking advantage of state-of-the-art, cloud-based voice processing, SYNC 4 can understand conversational requests, such as “Find me the best Thai restaurant,” and offer data-based suggestions to drivers. Staying in contact with friends and family also becomes easier, with natural speech recognition enabling communication via SMS and email.

FWIW the Sync 3 voice recognition is very good. My 2017 version reliably makes phone calls, selects songs from my USB drive, and changes the temperature setting. No more capability is needed to drive hands free.

Sponsored

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey, something I can answer with 100% accuracy!

As mentioned in other threads I was the buyer for all non-branded speakers (aka not B&O) and all microphones for all Ford products.

I helped source the mic for the bronco.

It is the same microphone that is in all of Ford's vehicles currently - the physical dimensions are slightly different and it is kinda water proof.

What they are referencing is indeed the software as sync software has been notoriously dogshit.

BroncoGator

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey, something I can answer with 100% accuracy!

As mentioned in other threads I was the buyer for all non-branded speakers (aka not B&O) and all microphones for all Ford products.

I helped source the mic for the bronco.

It is the same microphone that is in all of Ford's vehicles currently - the physical dimensions are slightly different and it is kinda water proof.

What they are referencing is indeed the software as sync software has been notoriously dogshit.
With your very relevant expertise, do you believe the stock speakers will be good enough or is the B&O truly necessary?

Will there be a different model (bronco sport, ranger, etc) that has the same speakers and or amplification system that I would be able to evaluate before placing my order in December?

BroncoGator

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With your very relevant expertise, do you believe the stock speakers will be good enough or is the B&O truly necessary?

Will there be a different model (bronco sport, ranger, etc) that has the same speakers and or amplification system that I would be able to evaluate before placing my order in December?
@SamG Are you allowed to respond?
Sponsored