Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord and Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I tried scrolling through and looking, as well as using the search function and scrolling through the results but can’t find what I want. What are the steps from reservation through delivery? I have a reservation, and dealer texted me regarding turning it into an order. He said my ok was enough. All I have entered is model, and transmission. Doesn’t he need to know packages, colors, options, etc? How does the whole process go? I’m not in any hurry, have to pay off current car first and hoping to *maybe* get late 2022 or early 2023, and the dealer is aware of this.
Sponsored

elnorte

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When did you reserve this? And basically every Thursday there are e-mails sent to the Chosen, informing them of VIN # and build/estimated delivery dates. In between order and email.......you get Bronco prints in the mail with a letter.

BroncoTodd

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X 100D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I tried scrolling through and looking, as well as using the search function and scrolling through the results but can’t find what I want. What are the steps from reservation through delivery? I have a reservation, and dealer texted me regarding turning it into an order. He said my ok was enough. All I have entered is model, and transmission. Doesn’t he need to know packages, colors, options, etc? How does the whole process go? I’m not in any hurry, have to pay off current car first and hoping to *maybe* get late 2022 or early 2023, and the dealer is aware of this.

You need to tell your dealer the EXACT build that you want so that he can enter it into the system. Once done, he should be able to print out the ”DORA” (dealer order receipt acknowledgment) that will show all the options that you chose.

You may also want to get something in writing around what the exact price will be. (MSRP, no additional dealer markup (ADM), etc)

good luck!

OP
OP
Arrmjr

Arrmjr

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord and Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When did you reserve this? And basically every Thursday there are e-mails sent to the Chosen, informing them of VIN # and build/estimated delivery dates. In between order and email.......you get Bronco prints in the mail with a letter.
I just reserved in the last week or so.

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your dealer is misinformed, which is why I had to create a second reservation and cancel my initial one.

Your order must be placed with your dealer in person, where you select every option you want on your prospective vehicle. By the end of the sit-down, you will walk away with an order confirmation number and detailed printout of every spec.

As @elnorte mentioned, communications are sent every Thursday to order holders. Your first email from Ford will probably take a few days to arrive, depending on the day you submit through your dealer, and will be confirmation that the factory has you in their pool of confirmed orders.

Some time later - between now and the heat death of the universe - your Bronco will be scheduled for production, typically 60 days prior to the date of manufacture. The next comms will be when your Bronco is being shipped to your dealer, and when you can head on in to complete the purchase.

Be sure to check out the dealer ADM thread before ordering to make sure your dealership isn't charging a markup. There are horror stories of dealers selling people's Broncos out from under them and demanding an additional 10k. Not legal or allowed by Ford, but it has happened at least once.

Be sure to get confirmation by email that your dealer will not be charing a markup on your vehicle once it arrives on the lot. Better safe than sorry.

Best of luck with your order! We're here to help if you have questions =)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Arrmjr

Arrmjr

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord and Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your dealer is misinformed, which is why I had to create a second reservation and cancel my initial one.

Your order must be placed with your dealer in person, where you select every option you want on your prospective vehicle. By the end of the sit-down, you will walk away with an order confirmation number and detailed printout of every spec.

As @elnorte mentioned, communications are sent every Thursday to order holders. Your first email from Ford will probably take a few days to arrive, depending on the day you submit through your dealer, and will be confirmation that the factory has you in their pool of confirmed orders.

Some time later - between now and the heat death of the universe - your Bronco will be scheduled for production, typically 60 days prior to the date of manufacture. The next comms will be when your Bronco is being shipped to your dealer, and when you can head on in to complete the purchase.

Be sure to check out the dealer ADM thread before ordering to make sure your dealership isn't charging a markup. There are horror stories of dealers selling people's Broncos out from under them and demanding an additional 10k. Not legal or allowed by Ford, but it has happened at least once.

Be sure to get confirmation by email that your dealer will not be charing a markup on your vehicle once it arrives on the lot. Better safe than sorry.

Thanks. Will be checking back with him in the morning. I did find them on a spreadsheet here about no ADM. Awesome Ford in Chehalis, WA.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

A customer can place a reservation now with Ford, have the reservation assigned to a dealership, and discuss with the dealership. But for an MY22 order, I think those cannot be placed with Ford until the MY22 order banks open (maybe around Oct)?

That doesn't prevent a customer though, from having a price agreement with the dealer (such as X amount below MSRP or Invoice, whatever that will be for MY22). The customer could even sit down and hash out the exact order and have it ready to place for MY22. There are a few different ways to handle it.

I guess possibly a customer could insist on having an MY21 order placed with Ford now? Although not sure on likelihood of that getting delivered, unless maybe a golden base 4-door soft top.

But let me know if I'm missing something in all this.

Rrpilot

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You may not have to order in person at the dealership as I didn't. My salesman emailed me to do a Ford.com Bronco Build and price and then sent a copy of my specs to dealership. Then salesman placed the order to Ford. Always ask for DORA report once order is placed. This was my experience and not all dealership may do this and results may vary. Just inquire to your dealership.

Svanhildr

Black Diamond
First Name
Christal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You may not have to order in person at the dealership as I didn't. My salesman emailed me to do a Ford.com Bronco Build and price and then sent a copy of my specs to dealership. Then salesman placed the order to Ford. Always ask for DORA report once order is placed. This was my experience and not all dealership may do this and results may vary. Just inquire to your dealership.
I had a similar experience. We went through the options over the phone and he emailed me the DORA to confirm.

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A customer can place a reservation now with Ford, have the reservation assigned to a dealership, and discuss with the dealership. But for an MY22 order, I think those cannot be placed with Ford until the MY22 order banks open (maybe around Oct)?

That doesn't prevent a customer though, from having a price agreement with the dealer (such as X amount below MSRP or Invoice, whatever that will be for MY22). The customer could even sit down and hash out the exact order and have it ready to place for MY22. There are a few different ways to handle it.

I guess possibly a customer could insist on having an MY21 order placed with Ford now? Although not sure on likelihood of that getting delivered, unless maybe a golden base 4-door soft top.

But let me know if I'm missing something in all this.
I was able to place an order with my dealer and they said there was no way it would be a MY21 (the order was submitted the last week of June), so you're right in that you can't specify MY22 since that order bank won't open until September. It's just overwhelmingly likely that you'll get rolled into the MY22 order bank at this point, AFAIK

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
MY22 price will only increase a few hundred bucks. Skip the Starbucks twice a month from now until your Bronco comes in and that should cover it.

Instead of ordering you need to be talking to your dealer (and others) about pricing structure and add-ons (you don't need/want their mandatory nitrogen filled tires, window etching and rustproofing). Get it in writing and then order. If they don't agree find a dealer that will.

BroncMO

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Roughly:
  1. Place a reservation through Ford; pay $100 deposit.
  2. At the same time, choose a Ford dealer (best to do some looking/asking around on pricing).
  3. Build your Bronco on the build & price.
  4. Print/save the link to your build to take/send to your dealer.
  5. Discuss purchase price of the Bronco with your dealer (why it helps to look around).
  6. Work with dealer to convert the reservation to an order.
  7. Request a DORA printout, signed by dealer and you with price/signed purchase agreement.
  8. If required by dealer, pay additional deposit upon order.
  9. Wait.
  10. Wait some more.
  11. You're not done waiting yet.
  12. Receive a build week through Ford.
  13. Receive a build date through Ford.
  14. Receive a virtual window sticker through Ford (2-3 weeks?) out from the build date.
  15. Receive a "blend date" through Ford.
  16. Bronco is built.
  17. Bronco will be shipped to your dealer.
  18. Dealer will inspect and prepare Bronco for delivery to you.
  19. Go to dealer to pick up Bronco.
  20. Complete purchase agreement, financing, etc. with dealer.
  21. Take Bronco home.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
1. Reserve $100
2. Order $ dealer’s choice deposit
3. Wait ~370 days
4. Take delivery

YMMV

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
  1. Place your reservation before everyone else. Tell your friends how your dedication with reloading the site several times until it worked will pay off as you'll have your Bronco before anyone else ever will.
  2. Wait for order banks to open, then rush to your dealer to place the order and find out none of the advertised accessories are available.
  3. Wait.
  4. Wait some more.
  5. Keep waiting.
  6. Stay pumped, because you see on the forums some people are getting build dates...or stickers.
  7. No build date or stickers, so keep waiting.
  8. Stickers arrive. Soaked in rain water and destroyed. Just like your soul. (sorry @ZackDanger).
  9. Wait some more.
  10. Maybe call your dealer for an update; end up even more frustrated after dealing with complete ignorance.
  11. Wait.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honest advice based on the issues we've seen here:

1. Shop around for a dealership that you want to buy from... including advertised pricing and whether they intend to include markups. (ADM)

2. Place reservation on Ford.com for $100 and selecting the dealer you want to buy from.

3. "Build" your Bronco through the online Build & Price.

4. Bring your build to the dealer (either in person or on line, whatever) and NEGOTIATE THE PRICE YOU WILL PAY NOW. This can be a hard price or a percentage or fixed price based on Ford's MSRP or Invoice pricing.

5. Only once you have agreed on the final price, and you have something in writing agreeing on the final price, have the dealer submit the order with a priority code of 10-19.

6. Get the dealer to supply you with the WBDO/DORA Summary Order Sheet. This will be an itemized printout of *exactly* what the dealer placed in the order banks on your behalf. This is the only way for you to confirm that they got the order correct. It will also show the priority code they entered.

7. Wait.

8. Ford will provide you with an update/email when your build gets scheduled and a VIN is assigned.

9. Wait.

10. Bronco will be delivered to the dealership. They will do the Pre-Delivery Inspection and stuff. You will go to the dealership then finalize your paperwork. Because you negotiated the final price before the order was submitted, this should be super easy and painless.

11. Take the keys.

12. Post about it on Bronco6g.com
Sponsored