Sponsored

Equipment & Trail Accessories You’ll Be Carrying?

Washbjj88

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a Badlands 12k waiting to go on my black diamond ;)
As for stuff I keep in my wj:
  • farm jack
  • traction boards
  • 2 toolsets (Regular and pass through sockets) I would like to make a specific set for the Bronco, one that only has the sizes/tools required for the vehicle.
  • various fluids( Quart of oil, atf, 5 quarts of water)
  • tow strap ( I want to replace this with kinetic rope)
  • ratchet straps
  • Spare fuses
  • 12v compressor
These things have been useful wheeling. ATF is good as it can be used in a pinch for other fluids in the car. Not for long term though. (Im going to get flamed for that)
This is a great list!
Sponsored

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Off the top of my head, at least traction boards, a snatch rope, and some soft shackles. If I get a winch, then add a tree strap and a snatch block.

Although I'm not really digging how a winch is mounted on these. I'm sure there'll eventually be some better options.

Almost certainly. Ford sells one made by Warn that's an option on other trucks.
I’ve been looking at different recovery kits - some of the things in here aren’t needed - like the shackles since the recovery points are loops on the bronco. Do people think you need a snatch block? https://arbusa.com/recovery/kits/

OP
OP
Gr8Hortoni

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve been looking at different recovery kits - some of the things in here aren’t needed - like the shackles since the recovery points are loops on the bronco. Do people think you need a snatch block? https://arbusa.com/recovery/kits/
Absolutely would get a snatch block and shackles. Having worked in towing and recovery for nearly 20 years, they are both invaluable. Just because you have hook points doesn’t mean you won’t need them to hook straps together, or for recovering another vehicle (it’s not about just your vehicle, it helps to be prepared). Snatch block can redirect your pull, or double your pulling capacity in the event running a single lone doesn’t produce enough pull (or it’s such a hard pull that your winch stalls). Running a line through a snatch block and hooking back to your vehicle slows your pull speed, but doubles your pulling strength.

OP
OP
Gr8Hortoni

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And personally I think a lot of these “kits” are overpriced.
My kit would consist of:
1 - 30’ strap
2 shackles (soft shackles work great too)
1 snatch block (or “winch donut”)
Shovel (small trail shovel works)
1 “tree saver” loop strap (for anchoring to a tree or other solid object)

thts really it, and you can put a “kit” together for much less than one of these name brand things. You get what you pay for, I won’t disagree with that, but on the same end I’m not paying for the name.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you're sticking with the Badlands, then you'll have shackle mounts on the bumper rather than tow loops. So, shackles will be useful. You don't necessarily need a snatch block unless you're using a winch.

Those ARB kits look pretty good, and seem reasonably priced. I can't vouch for the included items, but ARB is a trustworthy brand. Recovery gear is expensive. I'm willing to pay extra if the quality is there because this is literally life-saving equipment. Pay close attention to working load and break strength. Good equipment should be labeled with ratings and thoroughly tested.

Sponsored

Riverat

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Micro fiber towels and quick detail spray. Maybe a lint roller to get the Bulldog hair out of the carpeted seat backs.

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a Badlands 12k waiting to go on my black diamond ;)
As for stuff I keep in my wj:
  • farm jack
  • traction boards
  • 2 toolsets (Regular and pass through sockets) I would like to make a specific set for the Bronco, one that only has the sizes/tools required for the vehicle.
  • various fluids( Quart of oil, atf, 5 quarts of water)
  • tow strap ( I want to replace this with kinetic rope)
  • ratchet straps
  • Spare fuses
  • 12v compressor
These things have been useful wheeling. ATF is good as it can be used in a pinch for other fluids in the car. Not for long term though. (Im going to get flamed for that)
Does anyone know what size tools are required for the Bronco? Is it in any literature, or will we have to wait to see once we get it?

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Picked up these. Only about $20 and are made pretty good. A lot cheaper than most of the water containers out there. Got it at bass pro shops.

1600628998752.png
where do u get these for $20?

NickyP

Outer Banks
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Land Cruiser and 2 classic Porsche 911’s
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

regarding water containers, how are they with a plastic taste transferred to water? I could not have that, but I'd rather buy a refillable container than gallon water bottles to throw away after use - usually they don't hold up for many refills. But water bottles/containers that make the water taste like anything but water are out. Only water bottles I have are made of steel, I'd rather have something lighter in my Bronco though.
Don't have much experience aside of a 5 gal water jug we used for camping and that was not taste neutral.
Sponsored