Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

wait, so ford can build and send out 22 yr model broncos for whatever testing this is, but my 21 soft top is in production for over 2 months? cool cool.....
Sponsored

mspaz789

Wildtrak
First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

EG is the way to go

Squatch This

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee 4Dr V6
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

These are definitely more good pictures of the EG color in the wild, though I would say the pictures posted by Dino of an EG Bronco at the Michigan State Fair (a different thread) were the best and most comprehensive. There were lots of different angles and pictures, not only in sunlight but also at night. EG is a darned nice color IMHO and most definitely would have been in the running with me for sure had it been available on the MY21s. As it stands though, I'm still really happy with the A51. Just a damned unique and beautiful shade of blue. Agree that the capable bumper is certainly a step up in both looks and performance from the stock plastic bumper but it is not as desirable as the HD modular, which I personally think is one of the best value for your dollar design features of the new Bronco. HD modular bumper and skid plate as standard on some models and as an $825 add on for others in MY21. Meanwhile, current limited option, overly wrought aftermarket steel versions of bumper and skid plate are generally in the $1800 - $3000 price range. Better? Maybe. But $1800 to $3000 better? Guess that's a question left to each individual to decide. Personally, even with added costs for American made and supply chain shortages factored in, I think a lot of aftermarket manufacturers are rushing to cash in early on lack of availability of Bronco aftermarket products and are currently inflating pricing accordingly, in order to achieve that objective. Sometimes supply and demand can be a real bitch, as we've all painfully come to realize.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Wfontes

Outer Banks
First Name
WF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep (SOLD IT 11/1/21) sharing wife's '21 Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Agree with many here; these are definitely the best pictures to date that I have seen of the EG. Pretty nice color that would have been in the running with me for sure had it been available on the MY21s. As it stands though, I'm still really happy with the A51. Just a damned unique and beautiful shade of blue. Agree that the capable bumper is certainly a step up in both looks and performance from the stock plastic bumper but it is not as desirable as the HD modular, which I personally think is one of the best value for your dollar design features of the new Bronco. HD modular bumper and skid plate as standard on some models and as an $825 add on for others in MY21. Meanwhile, current limited option, overly wrought aftermarket steel versions of bumper and skid plate are generally in the $1800 - $3000 price range. Better? Maybe. But $1800 to $3000 better? Guess that's a question left to each individual to decide. Personally, even with added costs for American made and supply chain shortages factored in, I think a lot of aftermarket manufacturers are rushing to cash in early on lack of availability of Bronco aftermarket products and are currently inflating pricing accordingly, in order to achieve that objective. Sometimes supply and demand can be a real bitch, as we've all painfully come to realize.
Thanks for the props on the pics…. Lighting was perfect. Overcast day let the color really pop!!

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Excellent camera work! I think this is my favorite Eruption Green picture yet! This first photo seems to be a bit brighter than what we've seen this far.

-SG

Sponsored

Kekov721

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s my ride baby! Just going to stick with the mod bumper

gjproducer

Badlands
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone know how adding floor liners front & rear to BL affects the floor drain? Is it still just lift the liners and drain?

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think our previous photos of capable were all 2020-era preproduction or concept Broncos. This seems to be an actual 2022 Bronco, albeit still a preproduction one. Maybe the thought was that an all-black bumper is less likely to clash with some of the colors.
The one that was presented officially to announce the bumper change just a few weeks ago had gray rings as well.

fergthulhu

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands, '21 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm so conflicted on this color...I sometimes love it and other times think I'd regret getting it. Still on the shortlist though.

Sponsored

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The one that was presented officially to announce the bumper change just a few weeks ago had gray rings as well.
Presented where? The pics that were used in places like Bronco Nation and Ford Authority were photos of the Riptide concept car. I wouldn't take them as gospel. Build and price should tell us more when it's out.

Akinmx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F150, 2011 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The green looks great! I'm not a fan of that "capable" bumper though.
I like it! I won't be getting a winch and I do want fog lights so I think the capable bumper will work nicely for me. Plus its all steel underneath the plastic exterior.

Akinmx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F150, 2011 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the green.... I really do. But I had a green 2002 Wrangler Sahara and I am ready for a different color this time.

OP
OP

Wfontes

Outer Banks
First Name
WF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm so conflicted on this color...I sometimes love it and other times think I'd regret getting it. Still on the shortlist though.
Trust me. It’s gorgeous!!

OP
OP

Wfontes

Outer Banks
First Name
WF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m telling you it’s amazing
Sponsored