Kristi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MDX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Love it. That's our build with the only difference being bumper and MIC top. Should take delivery in Oct!
Yay! When was your build date? You are going to love it! I got mine end of Aug. A year after I ordered it, almost to the day. Worth every second of that wait!
Sponsored

DCtoobs42

Black Diamond
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 T4R Limited (RIP)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yay! When was your build date? You are going to love it! I got mine end of Aug. A year after I ordered it, almost to the day. Worth every second of that wait!
Ordered 12/13/21. Blend 9/13/22. Got the built email yesterday and have an undetermined amount of time in transit by rail car.

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It was fairly simple.
1) Get a FORScan OBD2 adapter. I bought this one instead of wasting money buying the adapters they recommend.
2) Follow the instructions here to get FORScan installed and a temp key. The instructions only show 3 of the modules to backup. Make sure you backup any other modules you are going to modify. For the amber DRL, you will be modifying BdyCM module. You can find the Google sheet for known FORScan mods here.
3) In the BdyCM module, look for the address 726-43-01 and modify the first 2 bytes to 0x0101.
4) Enjoy your beautiful amber DRLs!
Sorry for commenting on this old thread, but I couldn't find the other one.
For 726-43-01, there are 3 boxes.
0202 - 0000 - 0174
Which boxes do I change to 0101?

Thx in advance!

Kristi

Black Diamond
First Name
Kristi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MDX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ordered 12/13/21. Blend 9/13/22. Got the built email yesterday and have an undetermined amount of time in transit by rail car.
Good luck! Hope it comes quick!

Sponsored

thehulk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E63S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry for commenting on this old thread, but I couldn't find the other one.
For 726-43-01, there are 3 boxes.
0202 - 0000 - 0174
Which boxes do I change to 0101?

Thx in advance!
The first set of values (0202). Please note, I did have someone try this on a 2.3 manual and 0101 did not work as expected for them. I'm pretty sure others have had this work fine for them though.

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The first set of values (0202). Please note, I did have someone try this on a 2.3 manual and 0101 did not work as expected for them. I'm pretty sure others have had this work fine for them though.
So I did that on my FE and I'm still suck with the boring white lights.
Oh well, that you regardless!

Seajay

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just got a blend date of 10/06. Pretty excited finding this on the backdoor link!

Sponsored

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Soooo, I was driving up to Pismo Beach from LA this past weekend and it was dark when I left. I was driving with cruise control when the sun started to come up, behind a silver minivan. As the auto headlights turned off, I saw in my reflection that the DRLs turned amber.

During a gas stop, I went out to check and to my disappointment, they were white again. At the pump in front of me was white Land Rover, and when I switched to drive, I saw in the reflection that they turned amber again.

Then I remembered that this only works in R and D. So my question now is, HOW did you take a picture of your rig with the amber DRLs on?

thehulk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E63S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Soooo, I was driving up to Pismo Beach from LA this past weekend and it was dark when I left. I was driving with cruise control when the sun started to come up, behind a silver minivan. As the auto headlights turned off, I saw in my reflection that the DRLs turned amber.

During a gas stop, I went out to check and to my disappointment, they were white again. At the pump in front of me was white Land Rover, and when I switched to drive, I saw in the reflection that they turned amber again.

Then I remembered that this only works in R and D. So my question now is, HOW did you take a picture of your rig with the amber DRLs on?
Put in neutral with parking brake on.

Last edited:

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Put in neutral with parking break on.
Thx again! Didn't know it worked in N, but I'll give it a whirl. I put it in D with the parking brake, but I was too chicken to get out like that. 😂

thehulk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E63S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thx again! Didn't know it worked in N, but I'll give it a whirl. I put it in D with the parking brake, but I was too chicken to get out like that. 😂
Even in R/D you are not gona move unless you are really on the throttle. Stating this from experience since I've had the car in D with the parking brake on by accident a couple of times. The parking brakes are very strong compared to some other vehicles I've owned/own.
Sponsored

Last edited: