First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Officially had my order changed to push me to 2022 today so I can get this green.

waffled back and forth between keeping it A51 and seeing if it may get built in 2021, slim chance anyway.
now it’s 0% chance.

I’m 2022 Mallard 🦆 Metallic Green all the way! Very excited about this green.
It isn’t exactly what I wanted (Mallard) but I’m very excited about this green option.
It is a solid color and I am hoping too it lasts longer than one year so I can get one with a different colored hard top and maybe hope a 2022 or 2023 has the little issues shook out (as well as them maybe offering the stick with the bigger engine).
Sponsored

Reactions: RLW

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

subjective questions for those who have seen it in person, and in the sun - how close is it to the original mallard? how metallic is it - meaning when you look at it - is your first thought "wow that's metallic" or is it more subtle? is it a drastic color shift between shade and sun? sorry these are dumb questions but any opinions from first-handers are appreciated

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If I don’t get a 2021 build, I plan on switching to green from shadow black. Although I am thinking black will probably age better and not look so dated as years go by. I try to keep cars for as long as possible.

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

subjective questions for those who have seen it in person, and in the sun - how close is it to the original mallard? how metallic is it - meaning when you look at it - is your first thought "wow that's metallic" or is it more subtle? is it a drastic color shift between shade and sun? sorry these are dumb questions but any opinions from first-handers are appreciated
I haven’t seen it in person. But I too am a little afraid that this will be dark in the shade and a bright green with too much gold flake in the sun.
I worry about the “bass boat glitter” look.
If it has some I’m ok. But it can easily be over done and be a shiny gold/yellow green in direct sun.

the original mallard 🦆 looks much darker in shade vs sun. So I’m good with that. But the “glitter” factor scares me.

Sponsored

Misterbear

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Black Diamond, Jeep Wrangler X
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Every time. I read the words and my brain says, "Erection Green." Freudian? I want it anyway to replace my green Jeep.

Pitpup

Black Diamond
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Mustang GT, 2008 Ford Ranger Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just sitting here hoping to see a two door eruption green Bronco... any trim. 🦆 ;)😎
(not a render...)

Last edited:

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm replacing a Solar Yellow Jeep, so I say the more gold flake, the better!

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I am going on a guess it will be at Super Cell West in a couple of weeks.

KMK

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
May need to switch from carbonized grey to this.... Reminds me of British racing green. Sharp but on a Bronco?

Sponsored

Pitpup

Black Diamond
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Mustang GT, 2008 Ford Ranger Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@KMK ... it's worked for Land Rover back inna day... Some will like it, some won't. But I do remember those BRG MGs... :unsure: ;):D

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Being a Green Bay Packers fan it would be too tempting to vinyl wrap or paint the MIC top yellow haha JK i wouldn't do that.

Deano Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven’t seen it in person. But I too am a little afraid that this will be dark in the shade and a bright green with too much gold flake in the sun.
I worry about the “bass boat glitter” look.
If it has some I’m ok. But it can easily be over done and be a shiny gold/yellow green in direct sun.

the original mallard 🦆 looks much darker in shade vs sun. So I’m good with that. But the “glitter” factor scares me.
Here are several pictures I took at the reveal on Friday night and at the BN area on Saturday. There is quite a bit of difference in the shade from shade to sun. Yes, there is quite a bit of flake in the paint but not "bass boat glitter" amount of flake. I tried to take a picture of the flake but didn't come out that well.
Ford Bronco ERUPTION GREEN Bronco Club Eruption Green 11

Ford Bronco ERUPTION GREEN Bronco Club Eruption Green 2

Ford Bronco ERUPTION GREEN Bronco Club Eruption Green 1
Ford Bronco ERUPTION GREEN Bronco Club Eruption Green 7
Sponsored

Last edited: