Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Man that is a slick looking machine! Just add a brown/tan top (and maybe different rims...unsure of how much I like the black ones) and I will take it!
Actually a tan top would look pretty awesome!

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Second order mod I do after moving my 21 order over.

Sponsored

DANGL3

Outer Banks
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4d
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OBX with non paint matched flares?

Bone Saw

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What a bland shade of green.

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

yea, they say this was Mallard inspired, but clearly it was not. It was Jade green metallic inspired if you look at the video 3-4 posts up of the vintage broncos. It's all good, adn a bunch of people who wanted metallic green are excited and should be, but them saying Mallard inspired is kinda just because that's a name folks were using around here, myself included. I guess the approach being "hey, tell people it's exactly what they want and they will believe it?" Might still get it, but it ain't Mallard or even Mallard inspired that's for sure.

Sponsored

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BRB, need new pants.

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Great photos! Let's hope we see some Eruption Green Broncos hitting the streets soon!

NativeSoCal

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch 2D Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That definitely looks the color of my old Mallard Green 73 Bronco. I'd love to have a 22 in that color with tan interior/seats or the color of those brown door panels.
Agree that a tan interior would look great with this green! I hope that Ford makes the seats a solid color vs the two-tone, though

Dark green with a saddle brown interior is a classic, beautiful combo

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
yea, they say this was Mallard inspired, but clearly it was not. It was Jade green metallic inspired if you look at the video 3-4 posts up of the vintage broncos. It's all good, adn a bunch of people who wanted metallic green are excited and should be, but them saying Mallard inspired is kinda just because that's a name folks were using around here, myself included. I guess the approach being "hey, tell people it's exactly what they want and they will believe it?" Might still get it, but it ain't Mallard or even Mallard inspired that's for sure.
Agree 100%

But only if you can somehow obtain evidence that in the focus groups they utilized, that those people regularly and consistently identified the color they wanted as "mallard green".

I mean, think of the "average" person. Now imagine a room full of average people trying to accurately identify or articulate the color specifically as "Mallard Green" that they want.

Just saying, trying to internalize this and make it personal just won't work when dealing with a massive multi-national organization which has a lot of inputs from various sources.

FWIW: they could have cribbed any one of a dozen different names for the green they wanted to use as their inspiration, and Mallard Green is a fun name. I can imagine a massive change in the paints and styles from the 1960's to today, so unless you're also arguing we need to go back to acrylic lacquered topcoats and 1-stage paints, it totally fits in that the paint would evolve to be a multi-stage, metallic, water based green that does not look like a lacquered paint and they can accurately cite their inspiration specifically as "mallard green".

Heck, even my cars from the 1950's don't have anything like the paint quality and depth of my 1960's cars and that's only a decade of "advancing" acrylic lacquers from immediately killing baby seals all the way up to dumping in the ocean and hoping for the best.

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A nice tinge of baby diarrhea green in the metallic flake.
Sponsored