First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond (non-Sas.)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Am I the only one having issues with the green exterior clashing with the various blue or orange accents on the interiors....or the blue seats from the OB. And the few models that have upgraded brown seats, which would look awesome with the Green exterior look amiss with the interior accent colors.
Sponsored

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Great photos! Let's hope we see some Eruption Green Broncos hitting the streets soon!

At least 5-6 months since it's a MY 22, but here's hoping I can lay eyeballs on this paint some time before I can't go back on my order. I'm torn between the CO and EG at this point.

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Am I the only one having issues with the green exterior clashing with the various blue or orange accents on the interiors....or the blue seats from the OB. And the few models that have upgraded brown seats, which would look awesome with the Green exterior look amiss with the interior accent colors.

I def don't like it with the blue accents, I'd like it with orange personally, or the gray. There needs to be more tan interior options for this green though. I'm hoping the interior options get spread out across the trims more MY22, not holding out a lot of hope though.

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This green leaves something to be desired. Almost like Ford was trying to please everyone who had an opinion on the green.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Orange as an accent color to green works quite well in small doses. Badlands has just little tickles of orange on the seats and netting. Red would be a better match, but orange is fine. You could easily change the orange stitching to red on a BL.

Blue is not a complimentary color to green much at all, so Black Diamond isn't great here, but you could dye the stitching to black for a better match. (sorry I don't remember the non-offroad-focused Bronco models accent colors)

The 2-door will have to match the interior and exterior color closer than the 4-doors will due to the color matched door panels.

The general color chart has complimentary colors across, but I've found success with 1 or 2 colors away from "complementary".

Ford Bronco Eruption Green Bronco Outer Banks spotted at MN State fair figure_4_1[1]

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Agree 100%

But only if you can somehow obtain evidence that in the focus groups they utilized, that those people regularly and consistently identified the color they wanted as "mallard green".

I mean, think of the "average" person. Now imagine a room full of average people trying to accurately identify or articulate the color specifically as "Mallard Green" that they want.

Just saying, trying to internalize this and make it personal just won't work when dealing with a massive multi-national organization which has a lot of inputs from various sources.

FWIW: they could have cribbed any one of a dozen different names for the green they wanted to use as their inspiration, and Mallard Green is a fun name. I can imagine a massive change in the paints and styles from the 1960's to today, so unless you're also arguing we need to go back to acrylic lacquered topcoats and 1-stage paints, it totally fits in that the paint would evolve to be a multi-stage, metallic, water based green that does not look like a lacquered paint and they can accurately cite their inspiration specifically as "mallard green".

Heck, even my cars from the 1950's don't have anything like the paint quality and depth of my 1960's cars and that's only a decade of "advancing" acrylic lacquers from immediately killing baby seals all the way up to dumping in the ocean and hoping for the best.
Dude, my head is exploding, lol. My only point, admittedly one which i am unable to prove without interviewing the decision makers, is that there was alot of buzz over a green color, and in the midst of that buzz the two names you heard very often were "mallard" and "boxwood" - did they conduct focus groups? maybe, maybe not. but i do know the names "boxwood" and "mallard" were thrown around alot, and tweeted directly to high level ford employees, multiple times. And a weird fun fact: I showed up at two preview events with a panel painted Mallard green, it drew a crowd both times from other reservation holders right in front of the marketing people, and people were digging it out loud. There's an old adage in customer service at big companies that if 1 customer bothers to call, decisionmakers should assume that 1,000 customers have the same opinion but are just not going to go the extra mile to contact the company.
So when the decision makers rolled this green out, they just might have said "hey let's not forget to mention that it was inspired by mallard in response to requests from enthusiasts (which is what they said) when in reality it's kinda not"

I don't know nuthin' about acrylic paints, laqcuer, the 50's vs. the 60's, two stage, one stage, one potata two potata and all that other stuff!

ChrisCozart

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond (non-Sas.)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Orange as an accent color to green works quite well in small doses. Badlands has just little tickles of orange on the seats and netting. Red would be a better match, but orange is fine. You could easily change the orange stitching to red on a BL.

Blue is not a complimentary color to green much at all, so Black Diamond isn't great here, but you could dye the stitching to black for a better match. (sorry I don't remember the non-offroad-focused Bronco models accent colors)

The 2-door will have to match the interior and exterior color closer than the 4-doors will due to the color matched door panels.

The general color chart has complimentary colors across, but I've found success with 1 or 2 colors away from "complementary".

figure_4_1[1].jpg
If Ford were to listen to one post, I wish it was this one! Remove all interior "accent" colors and default them to whatever matches the interior color scheme and/or make an option to make the "accent" colors the same color as the exterior color! Just for color continuity, and in spite of me wanting to get a Wild Track with the premium tech, green exterior and brown, I'll most likely go with a Black Diamond in either Black or Velocity Blue just so the inside and outside colors match. A Green Wild Track with brown leather would be very nice but NOT with the blue accents!

Sponsored

RHW

Badlands
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s literally the same color that was on the can
If so, then I was mistaken. The jerry can in the sun green looks more like a tri-coat and looked brighter in the sun. The roll-out colour is not a tri-coat and does not have the snap that the jerry can does. All IMO but I’m going to stick with my CO order. No harm done.

ILoveTacos

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Please @Ford Motor Company if you want people to buy the green color, do away with the blue and yellow interior accents and replace them with something more appropriate when selecting green as your color of choice.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco Eruption Green Bronco Outer Banks spotted at MN State fair figure_4_1[1]
We could get a split complementary scheme going with the green and blue by adding some reddish orange accents.😘😘

brettclutch

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At first I liked the dark metallic green, but I now see several shots in the flash at night and in the direct sun there it 'Erupes' a puke LemonLime metallic green. Oh god hope it doesn't look like that in person.
Sponsored