Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BaseSquatch, 2015 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So for Base models, we now have Black, Grey, Silver, White, Velocity Blue (? they keep saying Lightning Blue is going away, but I never saw that one on the list), Eruption Green (? Levine says all models), and maybe Hot Pepper Red (? Not sure). And maybe Cyber Orange (wasn't available for Base when I ordered mine)?

This lack of direct information and trying to guess everything is getting very tiresome, especially for a vehicle I'm supposedly paying MSRP for.

Bonus, my parents had a '84 Town Car that was about this color green, and I hated it.
Sponsored

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So for Base models, we now have Black, Grey, Silver, White, Velocity Blue (? they keep saying Lightning Blue is going away, but I never saw that one on the list), Eruption Green (? Levine says all models), and maybe Hot Pepper Red (? Not sure). And maybe Cyber Orange (wasn't available for Base when I ordered mine)?

This lack of direct information and trying to guess everything is getting very tiresome, especially for a vehicle I'm supposedly paying MSRP for.

Bonus, my parents had a '84 Town Car that was about this color green, and I hated it.
1) you'll get direct info when Ford is closer to opening order banks for 2022, these are previews offered
2) area 51 and Cyber Orange are coming to base too
3) you didn't see lightning blue while ordering your base because it was a first edition exclusive color

portland_lol

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Pinto
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That orange color is brutal… belongs on a rental Nissan Versa
oh-snap-no-way.gif

can't imagine this color getting much traction.

like somebody said earlier. in ford talk orange is yellow and red is orange.

makes sense with double talk politician's. why shouldn't it make sense with everyone else

Sponsored

Palerider

Outer Banks
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Demanded by Enthusiasts And Inspired by its Heritage, Eruption Green Paint Option Set for 2022 Bronco; Hot Pepper Red Too | Ford Media Center

Ford Bronco Eruption Green & Hot Pepper Red Metallic coming for 2022 Bronco. Antimatter Blue, Lightning Blue and Rapid Red Going Away oh-snap-no-way

DEARBORN, Mich., Aug. 20, 2021
– Packed with the latest off-road technology, the Ford Bronco’s early years are the inspiration for new Bronco color choices for the 2022 model year.

Ford Bronco color and materials designers developed Eruption Green Metallic as a modern interpretation of Mallard Green, which was featured on first-generation Bronco models in the early- to mid-1970s.

“Automotive enthusiasts, and especially Bronco fans, are passionate about colors and will be excited about Eruption Green,” said Barb Whalen, Ford color and materials manager. “Paint has a wonderful way of evolving because of technology. Eruption Green is a contemporary color, but there’s a connection with Bronco heritage. It’s evergreen-inspired, with yellow highlights that really tie it into nature.”

The first-generation Bronco (1966-1977) is the featured vehicle at this year’s Woodward Dream Cruise. Bronco brand took the opportunity to debut the new Eruption Green color to the audience at the world’s largest one-day automotive event, as well as the new-for-2022 Hot Pepper Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat.

Both Eruption Green and Hot Pepper Red Metallic will be available for every Bronco series in the lineup.

Antimatter Blue, Lightning Blue Metallic and Rapid Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat will be available exterior color options until the end of the 2021 model year. Orders for 2022 Bronco two- and four-door, including with Eruption Green and Hot Pepper Red, will open later this year.

Ford Bronco Eruption Green & Hot Pepper Red Metallic coming for 2022 Bronco. Antimatter Blue, Lightning Blue and Rapid Red Going Away oh-snap-no-way

More Eruption Green video & pics:

For good looks at Hot Pepper Red, see it on the Ford Maverick:

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/hot-pepper-red-maverick-club.219/

Hot Pepper Red Metallic CGI image mined by @JBowles

Wow! Exactly the color shade i was hoping for...Yahoo! Old school coming up.
My Granger October special; 2dr, white top, white stripe, white narrow wheels (like 15-52 but NEED + offset please), very narrow tires, white grill, green or red bronco grill lettering, 4wp flare delete kit. not sure about squatch vs level lift vs conventional lift. Don't want wheels sticking out much. Will see it in two years?

stormshadow3800

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI, Bronco Badlands (SAS)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pushed how? If you’re 99 then maybe. If you place your order in the MY22 window then no. If you have a current order then you’re good.
I don't think so.. Everyone without a VIN has to reorder for 22. Won't be in the system. It's shitty.

Sponsored

malt_liqueur

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

motocane

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company OUTSTANDING (sarcasm) Do you guys literally sit in a room saying how much worse can we fuck this up? You allow people to place orders for a specific color - you screw up the launch and then you take those colors away after barely a half year of production. I cant take this bullshit anymore - you need to start firing people.
Definitely, and add this name to the “to be fired” list:
Barb Whalen, Ford color and materials manager

Palerider

Outer Banks
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is the kind of green I hoped for, but I'm sure many will be unhappy. (So many wanted to see a green - it was inevitable that at least half of them would be angry by whatever shade was chosen.) That said, while I've wanted a green vehicle for a long time - and a green like this - I just don't think it works for this style of vehicle. Just a personal preference thing.

Surprised they cut so many colors from MY21 to 22, especially given all the delays. Any color cuts in this situation was always going to piss a lot of people off, and it's disappointing they didn't work harder to avoid it. And actually having fewer color options for MY22 is just... :rolleyes:
it will work. see my post. check out old school bronco pics.
white, black, gray, or any shade of those 3 are not really colors.
black is the absence of color. white is what results when then is no black and no color.
gray is a crossbreed of the two non-colors. the way i see it; we were given the ability to see in color...let's use it. no blacks, no whites, no grays (except accents). after-all, we're not animals...are we?

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What I've learned about colors is to not judge until I see it in person ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pushed how? If you’re 99 then maybe. If you place your order in the MY22 window then no. If you have a current order then you’re good.
That is not correct, if your order isn't built by December 31st you lose the ability to have antimatter blue.
Sponsored