Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been all in on a green for a long time and this green is pretty nice (still not sure it works well with the MIC) but I am just not getting very excited with the drip, drip, drip.

Just announce the ā€˜22 changes. All of them.

Announce any new trims or special editions.

Announce any model changes.

Announce where Ford is at with their previous late availability items like the slide out tailgate.

Even this last announcement they didnā€™t bother to show one of their two ā€˜22 ā€œbold new paint colorsā€ on an actual Bronco. That will comeā€¦. later.

I feel like I am watching a pitch drop. We are well past the time to try to build excitement with a slow drip of information and swag.

Additionally, I think offering this iconic vehicle in the same color palette that you get with the maverick, ranger and sport just dilutes the uniqueness and cool factor of what the Bronco offers (yes, yes MAP painting manifold and storage constraints would need to be addressed in a Ranger co-lo facility).

I never thought I would reach this pointā€¦but I might be starting to have Bronco fatigue. I need an adventure in the ā€˜79 just to remind myself why I am torturing myself so much for this vehicle.

CC1A313E-2E04-4AE9-8F78-9D324077E3CF.jpeg

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If the HE is a go for '22...I still think it gets a different color than what has been announced here.
May be wrong, but my understanding wa that HE was pushed to 2023 due to no white MOD top?

RSalami

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
like this green, it doesn't look neon and childish or too dark. Good paint quality metallic afaik and maybe a slight pearl probably not. I think it's a decent shade and most ppl will like this without extreme polarizing looks on the road. imo better than forest service green, that green is way to mint/light colored. Forest service has a much better green in 1997 idk who made this federal standard but maybe they want to stick out in forest now days. They did play it safe tho, it could have been lighter but no one will respect a new color at the cost of removing other colors

Last edited:

Sponsored

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

May be wrong, but my understanding wa that HE was pushed to 2023 due to no white MOD top?
White top was pushed to ā€˜23. I donā€™t believe any announcement was made specifically on the HE for ā€˜22.

RSalami

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Colors really are like opinions.

TJ1007

Wildtrak
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The new green is growing on me. Just saw it in person.

Not sure what Eruption Green means. So henceforth Iā€™ll be referring to it as MSU Spartan Green.

GO GREEN!!

Ford Bronco Eruption Green & Hot Pepper Red Metallic coming for 2022 Bronco. Antimatter Blue, Lightning Blue and Rapid Red Going Away tempImageistFMJ

Ford Bronco Eruption Green & Hot Pepper Red Metallic coming for 2022 Bronco. Antimatter Blue, Lightning Blue and Rapid Red Going Away tempImageistFMJ

Hopefully Iā€™ll be able to see it in person to make that judgement but as of now itā€™s still velocity blue

Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That's it I'm tapping out. I'll revisit Ford Bronco in 4 or 5 years, maybe. I had just about every deadly sin possible but the killer was the painted top for which I was not willing to compromise. I was pushed out to MY23. Like it or not I spent weeks trying to decide on color and had settled in for Rapid Red, and ultimately placed my order and laid down a $1000 dollar deposit. That's it, I'm pulling the plug. I was a day one reservation holder, bit for anyone thinking my departure will move them up in the line, well as I stated I was MY23 given my requirements. Good luck everybody!
So legitimate question - I like you was pushed to a '23 because of the painted top, so I get the frustration, BUT......

if you're in a '23 regardless, why wouldn't you just keep your reservation/order active until you find out '23 MY changes? They might add a color you do like.

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The new green is growing on me. Just saw it in person.

Not sure what Eruption Green means. So henceforth Iā€™ll be referring to it as MSU Spartan Green.

GO GREEN!!

nice thanks for these photos! now that we have eyes on the target in sunlight, what were your impressions? was the metallic too much or more like a pearl?

ehssey

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport, Harley-Davidson Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Not sure if this is the same as the infamous gas can they showed a while back. But I still have my high-quality render of it if you guys and gals want to compare.

#seemslegit

TroutHunter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 550
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A few more photos of the green. I did ask the woman who was there and introduced as the "Ford color person" if there was going to be another blue introduced and I got a slight bit of hesitation from her and what I perceived to be a wry smile... She also said no interior color changes and that the Badlands MGV will still have orange stitching. But, with my current AMB order, I need to find another color... Green is nice, but not my style. So, I hope I read those subtle clues correctly and we see a new/different blue...

IMG_7895.jpg

IMG_7896.jpg

IMG_7898.jpg
Sponsored