Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac ctsv
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Demanded by Enthusiasts And Inspired by its Heritage, Eruption Green Paint Option Set for 2022 Bronco; Hot Pepper Red Too | Ford Media Center

Bronco_Eruption Green_01.jpg

DEARBORN, Mich., Aug. 20, 2021
– Packed with the latest off-road technology, the Ford Bronco’s early years are the inspiration for new Bronco color choices for the 2022 model year.

Ford Bronco color and materials designers developed Eruption Green Metallic as a modern interpretation of Mallard Green, which was featured on first-generation Bronco models in the early- to mid-1970s.

“Automotive enthusiasts, and especially Bronco fans, are passionate about colors and will be excited about Eruption Green,” said Barb Whalen, Ford color and materials manager. “Paint has a wonderful way of evolving because of technology. Eruption Green is a contemporary color, but there’s a connection with Bronco heritage. It’s evergreen-inspired, with yellow highlights that really tie it into nature.”

The first-generation Bronco (1966-1977) is the featured vehicle at this year’s Woodward Dream Cruise. Bronco brand took the opportunity to debut the new Eruption Green color to the audience at the world’s largest one-day automotive event, as well as the new-for-2022 Hot Pepper Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat.

Both Eruption Green and Hot Pepper Red Metallic will be available for every Bronco series in the lineup.

Antimatter Blue, Lightning Blue Metallic and Rapid Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat will be available exterior color options until the end of the 2021 model year. Orders for 2022 Bronco two- and four-door, including with Eruption Green and Hot Pepper Red, will open later this year.

Bronco_Eruption Green_03.jpg

Bronco_Eruption Green_02.jpg
Bronco_Eruption Green_04.jpg
Bronco_Eruption Green_05.jpg
Bronco_Eruption Green_06.jpg
Bronco_Eruption Green_07.jpg
Bronco_Eruption Green_08.jpg
Bronco_Eruption Green_09.jpg
Bronco_Eruption Green_10.jpg
Bronco_Eruption Green_11.jpg
Bronco_Eruption Green_12.jpg
Bronco_Eruption Green_13.jpg
Bronco_Eruption Green_14.jpg
Bronco_Eruption Green_15.jpg
Bronco_Eruption Green_16.jpg
Bronco_Eruption Green_17.jpg
Bronco_Eruption Green_18.jpg
Bronco_Eruption Green_19.jpg

More Eruption Green video & pics:

e7078df4-8a31-4422-ba12-3c5a1bfb696a-jpeg.jpg

d8ce7e22-5baa-4278-8d2a-49c9011bddc4-jpeg.jpg

3d930f21-3081-40ee-b7ec-d9bf5547471d-jpeg.jpg

E9Re6b4X0AIRK96.jpeg

E9Re6byWUAM5lOH.jpeg

For good looks at Hot Pepper Red, see it on the Ford Maverick:

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/hot-pepper-red-maverick-club.219/

Hot Pepper Red Metallic CGI image mined by @JBowles

1629416586441-png.png

2022-Inspiration-Mallard-Green.jpg.jpg
So the announcer introduced the new color and it probably went like this. Here’s the new color, and if you order now you’ll get it in 3 years
Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Excellent, same color as my 1972 Pinto! I may have to switch from Black to Mallard Green. And wrap the top white.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

When and where? In the tweet he said "wildly available" and refused to commit to all packages..

Willdly available means, not on the Base, probably not on the Big Bend.
In the intro video the guy said it was available on all series.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I do really like the green, but not enough to delay my order and stray from AMB.
Someone correct me if this is wrong, but I though that it was not possible for you to have this choice. I believe that if you are already scheduled for production then you can't change your colour, and if you are not scheduled for production at this time then your Bronco will not be a MY21 and AMB will not be available for it. Or is that just for hard tops and soft tops are still being scheduled?

How do I switch colors? Do I call Ford directly, or just my dealer? Has anyone done this yet? I'm not even sure if I can do it yet or if I have to wait for the new colors to show up on the B&P.
I am under the impression that we all have to reorder when MY22 order banks open later this year. Again as above though, please someone correct me if this is wrong.

BWONCOSWULE!

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
FUCCK this, i want my rapid red. Ive been waiting over a year. At least they could've released decent new colors. I want a cement grey. Might just have to get a tesla model 3 performance and wait on the bronco for a few years.

Sponsored

Cbr954

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It isn't horrible but it isn't for me. I was hoping it would be a brighter green. Oh well, if nothing else gets released I'll go with white most likely.

main.jpg

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Someone mentioned max 12 color capability on the new Bronco, due to the current factory paint equipment capability. In contrast, I was just looking at the 1977 Bronco color offerings, apparently 20 were offered! Any factory guys left from 1977 to give Ford a hand? ;)

1977 (20 available colors)
"Bronco roofs are Wimbledon White providing a Tu-Tone combination."
"Special Décor Group allows solid exterior color or Tu-Tone"
COLOR CODE PROMOTIONAL NAME FoMoCo BASIC PN STANDARD COLOR NAME
A Raven Black 1724 Black
B Dark Jade Metallic 5328 Dark Jade Metallic
G Chrome Yellow 1526 Chrome Yellow (RPO)
H Dark Brown Metallic 5282 Dark Brown Metallic
I Bahama Blue 5004 Bright Medium Blue
K Castillo Red 5440 Bright Red
M Wimbledon White 1619 White
O Mallard Green 5005 Dark Green
P Dark Cinnamon Glow 5506 Dark Nectarine Metallic
R Light Jade 5445 Light Jade
S Midnight Blue Metallic 5094 Bright Dark Blue Metallic
T Candy Apple Red 2008 Red
U Vista Orange 5466 Orange
V Medium Silver Metallic 5488 Medium Silver Metallic
W Medium Emerald 5500 Medium Emerald
Y Jade Glow 5505 Jade Metallic
Z Copper Metallic 5035 Copper Metallic
2 Medium Copper 5475 Medium Copper
X Indio Tan 5441 Light Tan
8 Light Blue 5467 Light Blue
9 Primer

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nobody! Color has been around for years and nobody likes it. So well done Ford, get rid of a great red and replace it with an Orange/Bronze color and call it red just like you called yellow "cyber orange".
Yes, but hot pepper red is going to be epic with the pea green and pumpkin spice interior, plus don't forget the bright pick accent a/c louvers and bronco handles.

Sponsored

ATX_Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FUCCK this, i want my rapid red. Ive been waiting over a year. At least they could've released decent new colors. I want a cement grey. Might just have to get a tesla model 3 performance and wait on the bronco for a few years.
^^THIS^^

I feel betrayed. Again. I want my damn AMB

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Went and searched out a Chili Pepper red Ranger today to look at it in person.

I mean, I’m not in love with it, but not in love with any of the colors 100%.
it literally has the cinnamon-y, burnt orangish-red of chili powder in the shade. Not horrible but considerably less “red” than I imagined from pics.
In the sun it is pretty cool, and it’s on my radar now.
It’s the same ambiguous “not yellow, not orange” of CO, same “not black, not blue, not purple” of AMB. Same “not grey not green, not blue” of Cactus G. They definitely know how to mindfk someone with nailing down a color!!
a few pics from today, FWIW.
Ford Bronco Eruption Green & Hot Pepper Red Metallic coming for 2022 Bronco. Antimatter Blue, Lightning Blue and Rapid Red Going Away EE505023-BDBF-4FAB-BE7B-7BEBE8C9E1BA

Ford Bronco Eruption Green & Hot Pepper Red Metallic coming for 2022 Bronco. Antimatter Blue, Lightning Blue and Rapid Red Going Away FD4C27FC-FF62-4E8D-B0F5-80A81A29BFDA

Ford Bronco Eruption Green & Hot Pepper Red Metallic coming for 2022 Bronco. Antimatter Blue, Lightning Blue and Rapid Red Going Away 57482854-50E6-41D2-894D-E6A25F89CC3A

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's not how this works. The bodies are dipped in an undercoat primer bath. Top coat color is sprayed onto the body on a moving assembly line by robots. Paint a red vehicle, clear the guns, paint a white vehicle, clear the guns, paint what ever color is next.

The whole paint system is dependent on a manifold system that selects the paint color. There are only so many feeds that manifold hardware in the paint shop. No way to add more colors.

Its not clear to me on how many manifold feeds Michigan Assembly plant has... I know there are 12 paint colors on the 2021 Bronco, but if I had to guess, there are only 11 paint manifolds. (the outlier is the Lightning Blue on the First Edition... My guess is they batch build those and swap paint feeds for that...) Note, that 11 number is a total guess by me... I'm sure somebody who works in that plant will know the actual number. You just can't add more paint colors to the total.
Red and Yellow make green.... Seems like they could produce whatever color they wanted with 6 or 7 manifolds and a digital on the fly mixing system... Or is blending paints something that can't be done because of technological limitations?
Sponsored