Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@Ford Motor Company

Here. We. Go. I've always been a truck girl. Love both the old Blazers and Broncos, and have owned too many trucks to count. After the shitshow that Chevy turned into with their AFM, ugly ass new body styles, and the complete utter embarrassment that is the granny wagon new Blazer... I was so excited to see that Ford got it right with the Bronco.
I reserved my Bronco day 2. I've spent so many hours here on Bronco6G & the B&P that my own truck guy husband has gotten tired of hearing about it, and that's saying something.

Words cannot express how pissed I am that Rapid Red is being dropped. I reserved over a freaking year ago. We've been delayed over and over. I've been very understanding and patient in all this so far. Even as I had to deal with so many dumb ass dealers that caused me to reserve with someone 5 hours away (which is now a blessing). It's embarrassing that a dang girl knows more about your trucks & the Bronco than the people you have selling them, by the way. Even as people who RESERVED in 2021 are getting their Bronco before me. Fine – I’ll just wait to get what I want- 2DR Badlands Squatch 2.7 High in Rapid Red. Not gonna change it.

Then all us 2DR people get screwed again & bumped BY FORD to next year. Fine- I’ll keep holding on a little longer to get what I want. Not gonna change it.

So excited to go pick up our new 22 Super Duty yesterday that we specifically ordered in Rapid Red to match my Bronco (that we just ordered in May & still got here before the Bronco). Fine. I can wait a little longer to get what I want. Not gonna change it.

Then I come back to THIS news of no Rapid Red for next year where YOU freaking forced us 2DRs to. I can only take so much Ford. All I want is MY Bronco. And I will NOT be changing to a more door soft top to MAYBE get the freaking color I want this year.

I have never in my life had such a hard time trying to give someone $55K- cash in hand, just ready to be forked over. Now it's like you're ACTIVELY TRYING (and succeeding) to piss people off. I feel like I'm stuck in a bad country song. You're not coming to shoot my dog next, are you?

An old square body Blazer and a new RZR is sure starting to look like a better option to this girl. Please do something to make me hold on! Keep Rapid Red. No one asked for that ugly ass pepper color that no one wanted on their Ranger either. Hell hath no fury Ford....

End rant.
Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just taking a guess here, but I doubt things were very automated back then. A real live employee probably did the painting and have more flexibility than what's allowed now.
Could be. It's odd though, here we are 44 years later, and apparently the paint color capability in terms of colors offered, is nearly cut in half.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just keep kicking the can down the road...you still cant get your Bronco but here's new colors you may never see...oh and a roof? Nobody lives where it's cold! And there are people actually thanking Mike Levine for Sharing new colors....WTF?
The way I've been reading things, roofs will be available before the new colors. Perhaps Ford made a mistake by giving a preview of what's to come?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Could be. It's odd though, here we are 44 years later, and apparently the paint color capability in terms of colors offered, is nearly cut in half.
That seems to be the way these days, at least at Ford. I recall a few years ago they cut possible ordering combinations on the Fusion drastically so save money and improve production.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Ford Motor Company

Here. We. Go. I've always been a truck girl. Love both the old Blazers and Broncos, and have owned too many trucks to count. After the shitshow that Chevy turned into with their AFM, ugly ass new body styles, and the complete utter embarrassment that is the granny wagon new Blazer... I was so excited to see that Ford got it right with the Bronco.
I reserved my Bronco day 2. I've spent so many hours here on Bronco6G & the B&P that my own truck guy husband has gotten tired of hearing about it, and that's saying something.

Words cannot express how pissed I am that Rapid Red is being dropped. I reserved over a freaking year ago. We've been delayed over and over. I've been very understanding and patient in all this so far. Even as I had to deal with so many dumb ass dealers that caused me to reserve with someone 5 hours away (which is now a blessing). It's embarrassing that a dang girl knows more about your trucks & the Bronco than the people you have selling them, by the way. Even as people who RESERVED in 2021 are getting their Bronco before me. Fine – I’ll just wait to get what I want- 2DR Badlands Squatch 2.7 High in Rapid Red. Not gonna change it.

Then all us 2DR people get screwed again & bumped BY FORD to next year. Fine- I’ll keep holding on a little longer to get what I want. Not gonna change it.

So excited to go pick up our new 22 Super Duty yesterday that we specifically ordered in Rapid Red to match my Bronco (that we just ordered in May & still got here before the Bronco). Fine. I can wait a little longer to get what I want. Not gonna change it.

Then I come back to THIS news of no Rapid Red for next year where YOU freaking forced us 2DRs to. I can only take so much Ford. All I want is MY Bronco. And I will NOT be changing to a more door soft top to MAYBE get the freaking color I want this year.

I have never in my life had such a hard time trying to give someone $55K- cash in hand, just ready to be forked over. Now it's like you're ACTIVELY TRYING (and succeeding) to piss people off. I feel like I'm stuck in a bad country song. You're not coming to shoot my dog next, are you?

An old square body Blazer and a new RZR is sure starting to look like a better option to this girl. Please do something to make me hold on! Keep Rapid Red. No one asked for that ugly ass pepper color that no one wanted on their Ranger either. Hell hath no fury Ford....

End rant.
Rapid Red was one of my top two choices (along with Velocity Blue). And it was available on the base.

I was just looking yesterday at forum member @RubyRedGT photos of his Rapid Red Bronco, and thinking wow that looks nice. Then later in the day bam, no more Rapid Red. :(

And to get Race Red instead, I'd have to jump from Base to Big Bend. A nearly $5000 price increase!

Ford Bronco Eruption Green & Hot Pepper Red Metallic coming for 2022 Bronco. Antimatter Blue, Lightning Blue and Rapid Red Going Away 1629581258450

Dogula

Heritage
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS Badlands, 2023 CHALLENGER Shaker Widebody
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I really do like the green. However I won't be ordering until 2023 so who knows if it will even be around another year.

The reveal at the Woodward Dream Cruise:

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The hole is getting deeper. I don't get it.

MOBroncoSTL

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 MX-5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I really just can't understand this. I have an AMB base reserved. I just don't see why they would take a reservation and not continue to build the colors that are already reserved no matter how long it takes. I mean are they trying to attract new buyers for a product that is already this back logged? I have never had even a momentary question of would I wait no matter how long it takes. For the first time I am questioning do I really need this and the stress that comes with it. I'm 51 and have never bought a new car. I might keep that streak intact after all, not that anyone cares. I have never owned a Ford either even though I like Ford in general. This one hurts though. I can understand the delays, poor decisions, etc. but this just makes absolutely no sense to me. It reminds me of the Seinfeld where Elaine goes off on the host saying "anyone can take a reservation, that is the easy part. But HOLDING the reservation, now that is the important part!" Ford won't miss my money and someone will just take my spot and that is kind of of the point. Call me old school but that is not the type of person or company that I want to give my hard earned money to.
Ford Bronco Eruption Green & Hot Pepper Red Metallic coming for 2022 Bronco. Antimatter Blue, Lightning Blue and Rapid Red Going Away 1629583149392

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I really just can't understand this. I have an AMB base reserved. I just don't see why they would take a reservation and not continue to build the colors that are already reserved no matter how long it takes. .
Ford Bronco Eruption Green & Hot Pepper Red Metallic coming for 2022 Bronco. Antimatter Blue, Lightning Blue and Rapid Red Going Away 1629583790399
I think the reason is they can only paint a certain number of colors, 11 seems to be what many think. If they continued into 22 with discontinued colors, those choosing new colors would have their builds pushed back. There's also the fact they have to stop 21's before the calendar year runs out.

motocane

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the reason is they can only paint a certain number of colors, 11 seems to be what many think. If they continued into 22 with discontinued colors, those choosing new colors would have their builds pushed back. There's also the fact they have to stop 21's before the calendar year runs out.
Ford idiots should’ve just skipped MY21 nomenclature and done an 18-month MY22 run like many manufacturers do.

MOBroncoSTL

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 MX-5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Oh yea, forgot about that. That does make a little more sense now.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer had one of these on the lot when my Sister was buying a new vehicle. To me, it looks close to Rapid Red with a little more pop.
Very close, yes.
those fuming due to rapid going away should really try and find this on something so they can see it.
Sponsored