Sponsored

Estimate when dealer 2022 allocations will start being built?

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So as I shared on here previously, my dealer screwed up my order, but offered to give me highest priority for 2022 and swapping one of their allocations in the specific build I wanted originally. My original screwed up order is scheduled for the week of 12/26 I believe. Was just curious, when do dealer allocations start being built? Is there any possibility it might get built before my original order?
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If we're looking strictly at priority... dealer stock orders are a lower priority than retail orders. So in a perfect world, everyone who has a reservation will get their Bronco built before yours since yours is coming from the dealer stock pool.

The lower the number the higher the priority. Retail orders are all priority 10-19. Dealer stock orders are priority 20-80.

In reality... it depends on two things:
  • If Ford is doing the mannequin program in 2022
    • If so, the mannequin Broncos could get built before retail orders, and the dealer may opt to make your Bronco one of their mannequin units. But you would not be able to pick up your Bronco until after a certain amount of time or a certain number of miles, as mannequins are intended to be demo units.
  • If they have the components to build the retail orders.
    • If they do not, then they'll start looking at dealer stock orders to build. And yours could be included.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Depends on your dealer's allocations. Once it is their turn to get looked at; Ford will go down the list of all reservation converted orders at that particular dealer. They will then build them in order depending on what commodities they have. If they get to the end of the reservationist list and have allocations left, they will build dealer stock (this is where they will stick your order, at the front of this list). If you have some popular constraints, like 2-door/MIC/BL/WT, it is extremely likely that people with good reservation orders will have it as well, thus eating up allocations for that time period. If you have some of those things, I would expect best case to be eight months at a mega allocation dealer and worst case to be a couple years. Probably a 2023 MY is the most reasonable guess.

OP
OP
gentlemanbronco

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If we're looking strictly at priority... dealer stock orders are a lower priority than retail orders. So in a perfect world, everyone who has a reservation will get their Bronco built before yours since yours is coming from the dealer stock pool.

The lower the number the higher the priority. Retail orders are all priority 10-19. Dealer stock orders are priority 20-80.

In reality... it depends on two things:
  • If Ford is doing the mannequin program in 2022
    • If so, the mannequin Broncos could get built before retail orders, and the dealer may opt to make your Bronco one of their mannequin units. But you would not be able to pick up your Bronco until after a certain amount of time or a certain number of miles, as mannequins are intended to be demo units.
  • If they have the components to build the retail orders.
    • If they do not, then they'll start looking at dealer stock orders to build. And yours could be included.
Interesting, they said I was getting one of their allocations, but it does show it coded as priority 19, maybe its an abandoned order "slot"

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting, they said I was getting one of their allocations, but it does show it coded as priority 19, maybe its an abandoned order "slot"
That is interesting.

I know some dealer employees are ordering Broncos so they can sell it back to a dealer for a quick profit (dealer employees get a discount). Or, like you said, it could be an abandoned order.

But maybe Ford gave dealers a pool of "guaranteed" orders that are coded similar to retail orders.

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
19 is the lowest dealer priority code for non-dealer stock. Not what would be expected if they were pushing for a quick build when an allocation comes available. Sadly, it appears they are not as gung ho about getting him his Bronco as he believes.

OP
OP
gentlemanbronco

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

19 is the lowest dealer priority code for non-dealer stock. Not what would be expected if they were pushing for a quick build when an allocation comes available. Sadly, it appears they are not as gung ho about getting him his Bronco as he believes.
Why the reference in 3rd person, i'm still following the thread lmao

Hyfly

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My 22 got scheduled last week for 2/7 if that helps any.

Sponsored

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It’s a lottery. Depends on when the ball with your dealers name is drawn.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why the reference in 3rd person, i'm still following the thread lmao
Because there is no shortage of folks who are itching to be offended on here (and in the World generally) and I like to be clear ro who I am answering without tagging them with a quote, although I did it here to make sure you got it.

In any event, I read your tale when you wrote it and I hope you get the Bronco you want sooner rather than later. For most of us, a build and delivery is way in the future, not a lot of stress. For those who get the build dates and then pushed, more stress, for those built and no answer on shipping, that has to be the most stress. Having said that, you went through all of those already and have to do it again, with even more unknowns then the rest of us. If anyone deserves the max customer bribe cash ($1000) it is you. Good luck, truly!

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My belief is regardless of any order particulars, if a desk in the Ford Bronco schedule office is wobbling, they may take someone’s order paperwork, fold it up tight and stick it under the desk leg that is causing the wobble. That unfortunate Bronco order will only get scheduled after they change the office furniture.

OP
OP
gentlemanbronco

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Because there is no shortage of folks who are itching to be offended on here (and in the World generally) and I like to be clear ro who I am answering without tagging them with a quote, although I did it here to make sure you got it.

In any event, I read your tale when you wrote it and I hope you get the Bronco you want sooner rather than later. For most of us, a build and delivery is way in the future, not a lot of stress. For those who get the build dates and then pushed, more stress, for those built and no answer on shipping, that has to be the most stress. Having said that, you went through all of those already and have to do it again, with even more unknowns then the rest of us. If anyone deserves the max customer bribe cash ($1000) it is you. Good luck, truly!
You ain't lying Sir! Appreciate it
Sponsored