Sponsored

ETA on Camburg, Fox, or Icon coilovers to add 3-4” lift?

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t know where you read that. The Fox Performace Elite coilovers provide 2-3” of lift to a Sasquatch truck. That is plenty of lift to run 37s.
well, there's no specs aside from saying that it's a 2.5 shock, assuming that's 2.5"? perhaps I am incorrect in that. The Elite Performance system has a tab for tech specs which says tire size 35"...

trying to figure out the best 3ish" lifts and get in line to get one as none seem available. Current thinking is this one, Ikon & BDS.
Sponsored

PCDan

First Edition
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
well, there's no specs aside from saying that it's a 2.5 shock, assuming that's 2.5"? perhaps I am incorrect in that. The Elite Performance system has a tab for tech specs which says tire size 35"...

trying to figure out the best 3ish" lifts and get in line to get one as none seem available. Current thinking is this one, Ikon & BDS.
There are actually very specific lift specs on the Fox site, even broken down by 2 door or 4 door, and Sasquatch or non Sasquatch. And for a 4 door Sasquatch the lift is 2-3” inches. And like I said that is more than enough for 37s.

And its called a 2.5 in shock because the shock body diameter is 2.5. Has nothing to do with lift.

Get what you want, it all depends on what you need the lift for. If you just want to lift it for looks buy some RPG collars and be done with it. There are a tons of mall crawlers on here with RPG collars and 37s. I wouldn’t buy anything but Fox or King for what we will be doing. There is a reason they cost a lot …

Ford Bronco ETA on Camburg, Fox, or Icon coilovers to add 3-4” lift? 473A6F97-E71B-45CF-947F-FCC0373B6AD0

Last edited:

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are actually very specific lift specs on the Fox site, even broken down by 2 door or 4 door, and Sasquatch or non Sasquatch. And for a 4 door Sasquatch the lift is 2-3” inches. And like I said that is more than enough for 37s.

And its called a 2.5 in shock because the shock body diameter is 2.5. Has nothing to do with lift.

Get what you want, it all depends on what you need the lift for. If you just want to lift it for looks buy some RPG collars and be done with it. There are a tons of mall crawlers on here with RPG collars and 37s. I wouldn’t buy anything but Fox or King for what we will be doing. There is a reason they cost a lot …

Ford Bronco ETA on Camburg, Fox, or Icon coilovers to add 3-4” lift? 473A6F97-E71B-45CF-947F-FCC0373B6AD0
yup, on the same page as you. I don't go offroad a lot, but when I do it's serious stuff in Vermont typically. I have a good shop I work with on this stuff and he pretty much said what you said. This isn't my first lifted vehicle, but my jeep came lifted and was done right.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

...And for a 4 door Sasquatch the lift is 2-3” inches. And like I said that is more than enough for 37s.
What specs on the wheels and which 37" tires have you tested? How did you test? What, if any trimming is required?

I've only seen 1 test of the 4WP lift at speed with full compression and it was rubbing. (TC Customs video). Granted there are a lot of unknowns around the installation, but it was performed by 4WP.

Bronco Factory put the Kings through a high speed test that should guarantee full compression, but it looks like they kept the factory 33" tires.

PCDan

First Edition
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
What specs on the wheels and which 37" tires have you tested? How did you test? What, if any trimming is required?

I've only seen 1 test of the 4WP lift at speed with full compression and it was rubbing. (TC Customs video). Granted there are a lot of unknowns around the installation, but it was performed by 4WP.

Bronco Factory put the Kings through a high speed test that should guarantee full compression, but it looks like they kept the factory 33" tires.
Multiple posts on here with 37s clearing on Sasquatch trucks with RPG collars. My friend has the RPG collars and Micky Thompson Baja boss 37s on 0” offset wheels with no rubbing so far. See the attached Fun Haver video running the Fox Coil over with I think -12 wheels.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This is the first i've heard that 4WP coils were not of sufficient strength/quality.

Obviously each person's use is different and no doubt the 4WP aren't on the extreme end of the spectrum (or priced to be). Are you intending some significant abuse and therefore their product doesn't meet your needs?

Full disclosure: I have no affiliation with 4WP or any parts manufacturer, this is genuine curiosity and inquiry.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Multiple posts on here with 37s clearing on Sasquatch trucks with RPG collars. My friend has the RPG collars and Micky Thompson Baja boss 37s on 0” offset wheels with no rubbing so far. See the attached Fun Haver video running the Fox Coil over with I think -12 wheels.

I've seen quite a few vids and posts, but haven't seen anyone drive fast, like Shelby Hall and Bronco Factory.

Thanks for the info!

PCDan

First Edition
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I've seen quite a few vids and posts, but haven't seen anyone drive fast, like Shelby Hall and Bronco Factory.

Thanks for the info!
The truck you’re referring to in the video is a Badlands without a Sasquatch and has the 4WP coil overs set at probably 2” of lift. So I think quite a bit lower than a 3” inch FOX lift will be on a Sasquatch.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The truck you’re referring to in the video is a Badlands without a Sasquatch and has the 4WP coil overs set at probably 2” of lift. So I think quite a bit lower than a 3” inch FOX lift will be on a Sasquatch.
yeah, I was wondering why 4WP would not provide enough clearance for the installed 37's.

I figured they might be afraid to go higher and cause premature CV wear with the greater at-rest angle.

at least i have plenty of time to see how it all turns out. Sasquatch is plenty OK for now.

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hate to pop anyone's bubble.
If you get rubbing with 37's without a lift, all of these coil-over kits will still get rubbing with them at bump/compression. These coil-overs only change the position of where the suspension sits and are tuned for a better ride at that height.

I used to get this question all the time when working for SAW.
35's on the FJs/4-Runners used to work fine when street driven. Hard off-road and was a need for clearancing of the frame and fenderwell to make it work.
Sponsored