Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll ask if he'll make more brackets, I knew it was going to come up. He said he would prefer to make them out of aluminum but mine were made with steel, and then pickled, and then painted with engine block paint. He nailed the machining based on a cardboard template he made, but he's an experienced machinist so I'm not really surprised. The intent was to keep them clear of the hood and mirrors if they were folded forward, which they are.

KC has supposedly been designing/planning these brackets for the Bronco for months, but there's no update on when theirs will available. Meanwhile, mine went from design to fabricated to installed within four hours.

And yes, there's an antenna hole. I did an antenna delete since I use carplay, but I have my antenna hidden in the the back just in case I ever need it.

Also, for what it's worth I ran these to Aux 3 which is a 10A switch, each KC 651 says to pull 1.63A each but I wanted to be safe so I put them on the 10A circuit. I could have put them on a 5A circuit just as well but didn't feel it was necessary. I'm adding a winch which will be either Aux 1 or Aux 2 but other than that don't have any plans for anything else with higher power draw.

For reference, the AUX amperage and wire color per switch is as follows-
Aux 1- 25A (Yellow)
Aux 2- 15A (Green/Brown)
Aux 3- 10A (Violet/Green)
Aux 4- 5A (Brown)
Aux 5- 5A (Blue/Orange)
Aux 6- 5A (Yellow/Orange)

Here's another picture-
_DSC6618.jpg
Thanks for the detailed reply! KC does make brackets now but the mounting hole has to be drilled out a little to fit Daylighters.
Sponsored

tractorcrusher

Black Diamond
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for the detailed reply! KC does make brackets now but the mounting hole has to be drilled out a little to fit Daylighters.
Oh, well if that's the case I would definitely go that route. All you'll need is a punch to dimple the plate and ideally a drill press to drill the holes. Add maybe a countersink/chamfer bit if you want it to look professional. My mount plates would be very cost prohibitive compared to something existing that just need a little modification.

mdk77

Base
First Name
BM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My 5 inch KC lights came in the mail today and I can tell you it was really easy to install . One problem though…..I don’t have a bracket to move the light over the slightest so the antenna can fit . Radio seems to work fine so I’ll rock it with no antenna in the mean time .

0CB672C6-18D6-4D7F-A781-6A422802380E.jpeg

3AB0B1B9-E5CD-49C7-88DD-0A5A0BA9C24E.jpeg

FD7FCA2E-1544-461C-B55E-D332401C1005.jpeg
Looks awesome. I bought the 6" apollo's and will put them on soon. I am a wiring noob...how did you wire these up? Did you use one aux switch for both or one aux switch for each? Also, did you use the front grill wire to connect or other?

tractorcrusher

Black Diamond
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looks awesome. I bought the 6" apollo's and will put them on soon. I am a wiring noob...how did you wire these up? Did you use one aux switch for both or one aux switch for each? Also, did you use the front grill wire to connect or other?
Wiring is super easy. You'll probably want to trim down the wiring that came with your lights because it's going to be way more than you need. I'd wire both to one auxiliary, don't know why you'd want one to power on without the other.

Your red wire will connect to one of the taps on the driver side firewall, I used Aux 3- 10A (Violet/Green). Then, your black wire (gound) will connect to the ground cable just above the wires you just connected. That's all you have to do. With a flip of Aux 3 both lights will come on. Your wiring may have a 3rd wire which would act as signal, but you don't need to worry about that since you're hard wiring into the Aux switch.

mdk77

Base
First Name
BM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wiring is super easy. You'll probably want to trim down the wiring that came with your lights because it's going to be way more than you need. I'd wire both to one auxiliary, don't know why you'd want one to power on without the other.

Your red wire will connect to one of the taps on the driver side firewall, I used Aux 3- 10A (Violet/Green). Then, your black wire (gound) will connect to the ground cable just above the wires you just connected. That's all you have to do. With a flip of Aux 3 both lights will come on. Your wiring may have a 3rd wire which would act as signal, but you don't need to worry about that since you're hard wiring into the Aux switch.
Thank you!! I’ll give it a shot.

Sponsored

yippeekiyay

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-dr Badsquatch, 1998 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Burgler2112

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco 2.3l Mid Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My 5 inch KC lights came in the mail today and I can tell you it was really easy to install . One problem though…..I don’t have a bracket to move the light over the slightest so the antenna can fit . Radio seems to work fine so I’ll rock it with no antenna in the mean time .

Ford Bronco Even a noob can wire something - installed 5" inch KC lights 7333-1

Looks great.
curious where you ran the wires?

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
QUESTION

So, to instal lights, you do not need a relay or wired in fuse if you have the aux switches from factory? You just connect the lights to existing wires and ground?

14 gauge wire?

tractorcrusher

Black Diamond
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
QUESTION

So, to instal lights, you do not need a relay or wired in fuse if you have the aux switches from factory? You just connect the lights to existing wires and ground?

14 gauge wire?
I posted this earlier but all you need to do is tap into one of the auxiliaries and connect your ground cable to the frame. It's amazingly simple. I used the wire that came with the lights, don't remember what gauge it was.

Also, for what it's worth I ran these to Aux 3 which is a 10A switch, each KC 651 says to pull 1.63A each but I wanted to be safe so I put them on the 10A circuit. I could have put them on a 5A circuit just as well but didn't feel it was necessary. I'm adding a winch which will be either Aux 1 or Aux 2 but other than that don't have any plans for anything else with higher power draw.

For reference, the AUX amperage and wire color per switch is as follows-
Aux 1- 25A (Yellow)
Aux 2- 15A (Green/Brown)
Aux 3- 10A (Violet/Green)
Aux 4- 5A (Brown)
Aux 5- 5A (Blue/Orange)
Aux 6- 5A (Yellow/Orange)

Kearyclose

Badlands
First Name
Keary
Threads