Sponsored

Ever wondered how much we get screwed in Canada???

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Going on a tangent here but that’s not at all true. Cars are generally cheapest in the States. If you equip two identical BMWs, it will be about 25 to 35% less in the U.S. than in Germany, even if that car is being imported from Germany. A German built Audi RS6 costs around $109k in the States and $139k in Germany, and that doesn’t even take into account that the American model has more standard features.

Reasons are numerous but include less sales taxes, less regulation, cheaper transportation, less import tariffs and greater economies of scale. We pay less for Land Rovers than Brits do, less for a Supra than somebody in Japan, etc.
Ford Bronco Ever wondered how much we get screwed in Canada??? D4583EC3-68B1-4C69-9F81-7D6FFAA9DCD8
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What we call Canadian Bacon in the USA isn’t even close to the real thing. Properly called “pea meal bacon,” this is an Ontario specialty. What you get in Canada is far superior to the ham-like product in the USA.
I would bloody well hope so!

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I lived in Canada (New Brunswick, it’s a long story lol) for a year as a kid. Everything was significantly more expensive even back then, pretty much everyone we knew went to the states to buy stuff because you got hosed so badly. IIRC one of our friends even imported a car, but that may be misremembering(this was 2009 so I was only 13.)

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Do you guys get 30% higher tow capacity too?

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I lived in Canada (New Brunswick, it’s a long story lol) for a year as a kid. Everything was significantly more expensive even back then, pretty much everyone we knew went to the states to buy stuff because you got hosed so badly. IIRC one of our friends even imported a car, but that may be misremembering(this was 2009 so I was only 13.)
Buying cars in the US used to be a great deal. Not so much anymore. My grandfather bought most of his cars in the US. Except for one Audi 4000 that my uncle bought in Germany for him and brought home.

Those deals are long gone now.

I still buy most "stuff" online from the US and pick it up in North Dakota.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Buying cars in the US used to be a great deal. Not so much anymore. My grandfather bought most of his cars in the US. Except for one Audi 4000 that my uncle bought in Germany for him and brought home.

Those deals are long gone now.

I still buy most "stuff" online from the US and pick it up in North Dakota.
The “great deal” my parents did was the make-your-own-wine thing. Go to the winery and pour some yeast in the jug and it’s “homebrewed” and not taxed. They said it was still about 25% more expensive than U.S. cheap wine, but still half the price of Canadian cheap wine lol.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The “great deal” my parents did was the make-your-own-wine thing. Go to the winery and pour some yeast in the jug and it’s “homebrewed” and not taxed. They said it was still about 25% more expensive than U.S. cheap wine, but still half the price of Canadian cheap wine lol.
Haha. Oh yeah. That was a big thing for sure out East. Maybe elsewhere too but everyone "made" their wine when I was growing up in Nova Scotia.

Sponsored

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There is no such thing as Canadian bacon in Canada. It's called back bacon.
Yeah, I didn’t know of anything else that was made in Canada. And it was an attempt at humor. ?

perfectburrito

Badlands
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands Sasquatch, 2.7AT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's a simple solution to this problem: move out of America's hat.

Ford Bronco Ever wondered how much we get screwed in Canada??? 2f93a951eacc0a90d6c1053148717f63
Sponsored