First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Look, I'm grumpy. The ultimate first-world problem is being sad your ridiculous off-road vehicle is delayed.
But Ford is just so strange about it. We have a first day reservation. We have the hammock and the desk calendar and all the silly swag from Ford. We've gone ages with no updates at all.
But then Ford we get an email from our dealer "Good news, you are scheduled for production May 30th! Congrats. You should be taking delivery in July or August!"
The next day, we get an email from Ford corporate that says our build week is June 6. It has a "track order" button on it, but it doesn't work. The web page doesn't exist.
After that, nothing.
But I'm a dork, and I check this forum. So I use the backdoor link and the order track app. My window sticker is never generated. On June 3rd, my build week switches to June 13. On June 10th, my build week switches to June 20th.
And Ford and My dealership hasn't reached out to tell me my build week is postponed. I've waited forever. Why tell me now and then just keep changing it?

My dealership does have my exact build (WildTrak Hard Top Lux) on the lot for $89,000 though!
Sponsored

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
After an initial build week of 7/25 and then being moved to 6/20 and receiving a call from my dealer that I was scheduled to be built on 6/21 I made the mistake of ordering more accessories which most likely caused me to be bumped back to 7/25.

I think I would be better off being blissfully ignorant and not have known I was scheduled.

ArkBronco3667

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Every time I get a new delivery date, my delivery date gets postponed. I’m now 6 months past my original delivery date!

OP
OP
jb56

jb56

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Every time I get a new delivery date, my delivery date gets postponed. I’m now 6 months past my original delivery date!
So you went through the production process and your Bronco was actually listed as built and they keep postponing delivery?

That is 10 times worse

ArkBronco3667

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So you went through the production process and your Bronco was actually listed as built and they keep postponing delivery?

That is 10 times worse
It was never officially marked built, but it went down the assembly line on 1/25/22 and was then parked in a parking lot missing a component. It has sat there ever since. My original delivery date was 2/27 but has now been moved to August.

It happened to a bunch of us. Go check out the 1/17 and 1/24 build weeks. Probably about half of the broncos built those weeks still haven’t taken delivery.

Ford originally said they would have us all cleared out in 90 days but that obviously didn’t happen.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jb56

jb56

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It was never officially marked built, but it went down the assembly line on 1/25/22 and was then parked in a parking lot missing a component. It has sat there ever since. My original delivery date was 2/27 but has now been moved to August.

It happened to a bunch of us. Go check out the 1/17 and 1/24 build weeks. Probably about half of the broncos built those weeks still haven’t taken delivery.

Ford originally said they would have us all cleared out in 90 days but that obviously didn’t happen.
I don't mean to rain on your parade any more than it already has been, but it doesn't seem fair that you get a "new" car that has been sitting for so long. And it costs just as much as one that hasn't been sitting.

ryn0s3r1

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tundra 1794 Edition 4X4, 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Look, I'm grumpy. The ultimate first-world problem is being sad your ridiculous off-road vehicle is delayed.
But Ford is just so strange about it. We have a first day reservation. We have the hammock and the desk calendar and all the silly swag from Ford. We've gone ages with no updates at all.
But then Ford we get an email from our dealer "Good news, you are scheduled for production May 30th! Congrats. You should be taking delivery in July or August!"
The next day, we get an email from Ford corporate that says our build week is June 6. It has a "track order" button on it, but it doesn't work. The web page doesn't exist.
After that, nothing.
But I'm a dork, and I check this forum. So I use the backdoor link and the order track app. My window sticker is never generated. On June 3rd, my build week switches to June 13. On June 10th, my build week switches to June 20th.
And Ford and My dealership hasn't reached out to tell me my build week is postponed. I've waited forever. Why tell me now and then just keep changing it?

My dealership does have my exact build (WildTrak Hard Top Lux) on the lot for $89,000 though!
Welcome to the club!

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

After that, nothing.

My original build week was 12/20 finally got built on 5/13

ArkBronco3667

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't mean to rain on your parade any more than it already has been, but it doesn't seem fair that you get a "new" car that has been sitting for so long. And it costs just as much as one that hasn't been sitting.
Yeah. Ford has really sucked all the fun out of it for me at this point. But I really don’t have much of an option other than to wait until it shows up or reorder a 2023 when the order banks open up. I’m not going to pay a markup for one that’s on a lot now.

JCBBronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am going through the same thing. I'm a week 1/10. Mine has been built officially since 3/28. Was supposed to on a truck that delivered 6/3 to my dealer but was left off in lieu of two vehicles that were not supposed to be on it. Dealer confirmed with MAP that was the case and now my EDD on the tracker keeps moving even though it shows shipped.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jb56

jb56

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So does anyone have the sense of what the median amount of time is from the first scheduled production to the actual delivery date is? Are we talking about half of people taking more than 6 months? Obviously some people are getting screwed and it's taking forever, but are there also a ton of people who get "scheduled for production xxx" who then take delivery within 2 or 3 months after that?

taperunner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are people that get built and 4 days later take delivery. Then there are folks that get built or partially built and end up waiting months. I'm in the 5/16 build group, I've been built for about 2 weeks I think and I'm still waiting for shipment via convoy. If you look in some of the build groups after 5/16, there are people that have taken delivery via convoy and rail. At this point, no one knows anything. Even educated guesses seem to have gone out with window. I've been told numerous times I'm 100 percent built and simply waiting for shipment. No holds, yet people behind me are taking delivery.

OP
OP
jb56

jb56

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks. This all has me curious, from a corporate strategy point of view, whether it is a wise decision to issue build week estimates. Maybe it keeps enough of us on the hook that it's worth it, but I think Ford is going to sell every bronco they make, at least for a while.

HeyItsABronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 PowerBoost, 2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yup. January 25 production date and it’s been sitting on Dirt Mountain since then with no communication from Ford. My original delivery date was early March and now I’m told it’s August 10.
If I didn’t already have so much vested, we would tell Ford to take their Bronco and shove it. Ford knows this, and they DGAF, as there are plenty of customers who will pay ADM to a greedy dealer on an abandoned order. Especially on a loaded Wildtrak.
Sponsored