Sponsored

Everybody PLEASE Be Calm. This is only the beginning.

Jook13

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
1 difference between paved road and sticky drag strip is marginal in the equation.

2 Did you miss the whole 60lbft to move the Hellcat and 101lbft for a bronco.
Doesn’t matter how fast down a drag strip. It’s 10000% only that 1 second during initial clutch engagement.

3 you hit the nail on the head. “Can be scaled up.” Yes. Any transmission Can be scaled up to handle anything but there are 2 huge reasons why not.

1 it wouldn’t be nice to drive off road and on road.
2 COST. they will likely sell less than 10,000 manuals each year (even if it was available for every trim every motor) so why would any manufacturer make 2-3 different manual transmissions for <10,000 cars?
Ford Bronco Everybody PLEASE Be Calm. This is only the beginning. giphy (42)
Sponsored

bek

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The leaked photo was of the dash showing Electrical coaching. Meaning it has an electrical motor and sizable battery.

Just question is. EV? Or PHEV?
I thought a PHEV was the same as an EV. Guess I don't know the difference. I was asking about (hoping for) a fully electric plug-in Bronco.

Edit: But I'd take a plug-in hybrid, too!

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks Gordo - that's what I was looking for. No insulation there. I remember many months ago there was a post here that mentioned some kind of foam headliner for the hardtop. I will have to get my own headliner to install - since the B B does not offer one like apparently a couple of other editions do- any way at least for now.

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

damn, i am sick of all these newcomers that think they know everything (or act like it). people who give reasons for things might actually know their stuff. did you ever think about that?? sorry for the rant, it just seems like B6G has gone downhill in the last couple weeks

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
damn, i am sick of all these newcomers that think they know everything (or act like it). people who give reasons for things might actually know their stuff. did you ever think about that?? sorry for the rant, it just seems like B6G has gone downhill in the last couple weeks
Respect is a two-way street.

Be kind to us lurkers. Some "newcomers" may have been working on their broncos since forums were called newsgroups or even before that. They are allowed to have their reasons too.

Sponsored

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Be kind to us lurkers. Some "newcomers" may have been working on their broncos since forums were called newsgroups or even before that. They are allowed to have their reasons too.
sorry... wasn't trying to beat you up... it just bothers me a little bit. i should get a punching bag lol

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
sorry... wasn't trying to beat you up... it just bothers me a little bit. i should get a punching bag lol
I understand the sentiment and tensions are high...we all need to get our Broncos and go make trails to blow off steam. :cheers:

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't want to speak for @Fordboi, but I don't think he's referring to the argument above about engines/transmissions/whatever it is, or that he's even talking about having an opinion about things.. I think he's talking about the, what seems like 100s lol, new posters(I'm an new poster too) that are going around answering questions with half-cocked wrong answers treating them as fact, which then adds to the confusion and misinformation that has multiplied exponentially on this forum lately.

DBOZ

Black Diamond
First Name
Daren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis, Acura
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would prefer an AT option on the Squatch package vs. just MT only.

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't want to speak for @Fordboi, but I don't think he's referring to the argument above about engines/transmissions/whatever it is, or that he's even talking about having an opinion about things.. I think he's talking about the, what seems like 100s lol, new posters(I'm an new poster too) that are going around answering questions with half-cocked wrong answers treating them as fact, which then adds to the confusion and misinformation that has multiplied exponentially on this forum lately.
holy crap i wouldn't call you a new poster lol. 201 messages and 456 reactions in 11 days!!! on the serious side, i don't want to argue... maybe i should just shut up

Sponsored

DBOZ

Black Diamond
First Name
Daren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis, Acura
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am going 35's regardless, but in reality still ON the road way more than off. Nothing I cannot fix myself but really don't need the MT's for my purpose. Blasphemy I know! LOL