HTX1811

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SXT 4x4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
One day I want the GT500. The next I want the Bronco. If I had to decide today it would have to be the GT500. I need more info and actual pics of the Bronco. I mean I have another year to year and 1/2 before I have to make that decision, but come on Ford. Give us some real pics of the full size Bronco and specs.

Unfortunately, if it's going to be anything like the GT500 release, I know there is no need to think it's going to happen quickly.

Hell they are taking orders for the GT500 and no one has officially stated the weight of the car.

Oh well, the paid for 2011 SCrew 4x4 will due for now.
Sponsored

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have another year to year and 1/2 before I have to make that decision,
It seems like you can't have either of them right now, so why stress over it? There's a first world problem if there ever was one.

Even if the Bronco is on showroom floors 1/1/21, my guess is there will be production deficits and dealer premiums for some time. And if you're among the folks who are are reticent to buy a first-year model, maybe a Bronco isn't really in your future for over two years.

I'll drive one early on, and if I like it, I'll wait until the hype dies down. I'm not a "gotta have it right now" guy.

Not sure what the production schedule is on the GT, but it's probably closer than the Bronco... :rain:

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Good news is C8 should be taking a nice chunk of ADM off the 500.................

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Buy a raptor and drive it for free for the next 2 years. They pretty much don't depreciate.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Oh I get it brother. I waffled on waiting for the Bronco, or just buying a Jeep and be done with the whole matter. But, one day the waffling stopped. That was the day I brought my new JL Sahara home. If the Bronco is everything Ford is letting on it will be, I can trade the Jeep. But, for the next 2 years I'm gonna have me some fun.

3crows

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon, Toyota Tacoma
I am not sure I understand the confliction. If you camp, fish, hunt, hike, explore, bicycle, kayak and need a vehicle to help you accomplish those or similar things, then I cannot see how a street legal race car would be acceptable. If you are Ricky Racer and need a track ready car but do not explore off-road, or do anything outdoors why would you need an adventure vehicle.

A Raptoid is hardly a good off-road exploration vehicle, too big, too heavy, too long, way to wide, has way too much power to be useful and makes no real sense at all except for maybe desert racing. Not sure it is even a good tow vehicle. But I guess it sounds cool to have a truck named after an extinct meat eating predatory dinosaur gone now some 165 million years.

I am beginning to think Ford spends more resources dreaming up cool new names than they do designing non-existing vehicles. This new Bronco Outer Banks, Big Bend, Rock Monster, Raptor, SST, whatever better be some kinda Momma Jamma Wrangler Killer or the name of Ford will be MUD among the waiting off-roaders.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
...I am beginning to think Ford spends more resources dreaming up cool new names than they do designing non-existing vehicles. This new Bronco Outer Banks, Big Bend, Rock Monster, Raptor, SST, whatever better be some kinda Momma Jamma Wrangler Killer or the name of Ford will be MUD among the waiting off-roaders.
:thumbsup:

At this point I'm expecting to debadge my next vehicle anyway. I don't really care what stupid names they're using, as long as it delivers on Sport and Utility.

OP
OP
HTX1811

HTX1811

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SXT 4x4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I am not sure I understand the confliction. If you camp, fish, hunt, hike, explore, bicycle, kayak and need a vehicle to help you accomplish those or similar things, then I cannot see how a street legal race car would be acceptable. If you are Ricky Racer and need a track ready car but do not explore off-road, or do anything outdoors why would you need an adventure vehicle.

A Raptoid is hardly a good off-road exploration vehicle, too big, too heavy, too long, way to wide, has way too much power to be useful and makes no real sense at all except for maybe desert racing. Not sure it is even a good tow vehicle. But I guess it sounds cool to have a truck named after an extinct meat eating predatory dinosaur gone now some 165 million years.

I am beginning to think Ford spends more resources dreaming up cool new names than they do designing non-existing vehicles. This new Bronco Outer Banks, Big Bend, Rock Monster, Raptor, SST, whatever better be some kinda Momma Jamma Wrangler Killer or the name of Ford will be MUD among the waiting off-roaders.
I am not a serious off roader. I just need something capable to handle the bad spots when I do encounter them. No rock crawling or serious back country exploring for me, but just enough in the woods and at the beach not having a 4x4 would certainly limit my activities.

If I get the GT500 I keep the F-150 4x4. No way I can do my fun activities with out a 4x4 truck or SUV. The beach sand gets deep and sometimes the deer lease get muddy.

Hopefully Ford is still focusing on the capability of the vehicle and not what a focus group has to say. At least they decided putting the Mach 1 name on a 4 door sedan was a bad idea so I suppose not all focus groups are clueless.

Good news is C8 should be taking a nice chunk of ADM off the 500.................
In regards to the C8, I imagine the ADM will die off but not until the GT500 and C8 are actually on show room floor at the same time. Then the GT500 deals will be had. That is part of why I am looking at late 2020 or 2021 model. Let the ADM die down. By waiting until then, I will run into the same issue with a new Bronco. Brand new Broncos are sure to demand a ADM in the dealers eyes early on. But much like the Bullitt, once they hit the lot, the ADM will go away. Maybe even before then.

It seems like you can't have either of them right now, so why stress over it? There's a first world problem if there ever was one.

Even if the Bronco is on showroom floors 1/1/21, my guess is there will be production deficits and dealer premiums for some time. And if you're among the folks who are are reticent to buy a first-year model, maybe a Bronco isn't really in your future for over two years.

I'll drive one early on, and if I like it, I'll wait until the hype dies down. I'm not a "gotta have it right now" guy.

Not sure what the production schedule is on the GT, but it's probably closer than the Bronco... :rain:
I don't mind buying a first year model of a new car. I would rather get a 2nd or 3rd year run but if the timing is right, I will buy a new model first run.

Absolutely a first world problem. I cannot argue that. I have a perfectly capable 4x4 but yet want a new one. I don't currently have a sports car though. The wife's A7 kind of fills that void but not really.

Last edited:

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I gave up my two GT500 CFTP allocations due to timing with the bronco right around the corner, I was a bit conflicted when making the call.

I'm confident Ford will get the bronco right what has me concerned is timing and potential options they may not introduce right away. After years of eyeballing Jeeps the patience is running thin, let's hope we get details in the next six months. I've got the first order at two dealers when the banks open at no more than MSRP, I'll take whichever one offers up the best deal come order time. If dealers ask ADM on broncos they won't last long, maybe a couple weeks at best while stock builds.

Sponsored

Guidr3

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Build me a Bronco with a nice Western Edition With Old Saddle Leather Interior

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’ve owned many Mustangs. I had my dream Terminator for a while. I have really grown out of Mustangs. I still love them but have zero desire to own one again.

As was suggested just get a Raptor.

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Love my Mustang plan on holding on to her till I die. Top down cruising with the wife and yes I let her drive.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Dang, you guys almost have me convinced to get a Raptor, and I don't even need another truck! :giggle:

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dang, you guys almost have me convinced to get a Raptor, and I don't even need another truck! :giggle:
Uh... trade in the current truck?
Sponsored