Mke_80

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Renegade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Frame less doors are lighter, and they look great with the top off. BUT, with the top on the framed door has a better seal with the window. Its easier to seal the top of the door to the top than the top of the window to top. I think some people will not like it, because I do see it having some wind noise, especially for us people who actually take the top on and off a lot.

To me your point is valid. just search online and you will find result for problems with frame less windows. It is true that they have been making it for years... In convertible summer car. We can argue that the bronco is convertible but most wont remove the top ... I live in Canada and freezing rain is a thing here I wonder how it will react to that. Usually to incorporate these windows they have a larger gasket on the door, and it usually means that in freezing temp the humidity stick the window to the gasket. That brings us to the question ( winter testing Ford Bronco? )

Leaking gasket:
They all end up leaking it's a normal reaction to the drying in the sun. I don't know one jeep owner that remove the top and never have a leak. All those saying no problem never removed the top long enough for the sun to dry the gasket. My jeep was leaking on the console on the doors and a little bit everywhere lol. At one point I replace the gasket and never removed the top anymore! Problem solved . I don't think I will be removing the top on the Bronco

Advice for all: ( I see you drive a Rubicon so you already know this, maybe some don't)
As for noise on the road. This will be anything but quiet just the shape of the bronco is enough to know that it will be noisy . Not a problem for me but if you never drove a jeep before and you would like to know how much noise it will make .. just go rent a Jeep for a few day and drive it around so you can have a idea of the tire,roof,windshield,hood noise. Beside the first time you see the hood on your jeep lift a good 2 inch when a big truck goes by, you understand that this is not comfortable ride. ( they have fixed that problem on newer models I think )

Also be ready to change windshield, these windshield angles makes them prone to cracking. My wrangler was 1 windshield per year... good average!

None of this is deal breaker for me I know what I get myself into, if you never experience that kind of car before you should try it before just to make sure you like it.

For those saying nick pick trying to find the problems, YES this is what we do and there is a reason why we do it, WE commited to a 50k + car without even having sit in one. It's just reasonable to try to anticipate problems.
Sponsored

jimmycarter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
328xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you want a fanny cooler, a momie reminder, and backache heater, and leather seats.......go buy that 100 thousand dollar Lexus or Rover.....Please PEOPLE! Jesus, I just want and OLD new Bronco. Man you people drive up prices of vehicles because you still haven't got your actual diaper changer! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We have them working on a sarcasm detector, no word on cost yet though.

i won't be buying if there is wind noise with the top off...

/s
It's all location dependent
Ford Bronco Everyone is happy about the frameless doors, and I dont know if we should be file-20180227-36674-a74733

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

People that want and expect luxury SUV qualities should not buy something geared toward the offroad crowd and expect it to be anything other than what it is.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hopefully those bags are side load so you can put them on the door before taking them off... then you can rest them on the ground without worry
If not I am sure someone will make aftermarket ones.

Mke_80

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Renegade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
People that want and expect luxury SUV qualities should not buy something geared toward the offroad crowd and expect it to be anything other than what it is.
Exactly true , but can not blame people that do not know to ask about it. Because if we are honest about it, usually the price of a car is significant of Luxury not ruggedness .

Sponsored

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If not I am sure someone will make aftermarket ones.
Probably with extra padding too.

just wait until the bronco is actually launched and people really start complaining. About the dumb stuff.

DTM2929

Big Bend
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I like this idea but I’ll likely hang the doors in their bags for extra protection. I’m hoping the bags are strong enough.
Does anyone know if the storage bags for the 4 door will be included with the purchase?

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Exactly true , but can not blame people that do not know to ask about it. Because if we are honest about it, usually the price of a car is significant of Luxury not ruggedness .
But the bronco isn't priced like a luxury car, it's relatively affordable

Luxury cars don't start under 30k

I think you guys are right that many consumers may be dissatisfied with the compromise made to create a good off road vehicle when compared to a crv or RAV4

I'm probably going to be in that camp, I think my wife's Subaru is loud on the highway haha

DTM2929

Big Bend
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Sponsored

Mke_80

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Renegade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But the bronco isn't priced like a luxury car, it's relatively affordable

Luxury cars don't start under 30k

I think you guys are right that many consumers may be dissatisfied with the compromise made to create a good off road vehicle when compared to a crv or RAV4

I'm probably going to be in that camp, I think my wife's Subaru is loud on the highway haha

I am very curious on how many 30k less Bronco will actually be sold. The price range in USA will be around 45-55 and in Canada where I live probably 55-65. With the exceptional fully equip reaching the 70k . At these price you can get a luxury car. Just to compare . The Defender is base at 50k... but you will never find one. The C8 corvette was advertise to be below 60K you wont find one either. It's the trend, car manufacturer advertise the base model price with the picture of the top of the line. They simulate a base model that no one will ever buy or even see at a dealer to get customer walking at the dealer. I am sure that some of the people going for a bronco will leave with something else.. maybe F150 per example. Especially when they figure that the Bronco base as the same ground clearance as the Escape or explorer. Ok I know there is small 3/4 inch difference. but really they showed the the 2 door with the 40 on ... and said BELOW 30. ! haha
but lets return to the topic, The topic was frame less windows, I anticipate it will be problem for the Ford Bronco. I anticipate just like I predict the removable top to eventually leak. Deal breaker .. no.. I just try to anticipate the problems. If by any chance someone at ford would read this and reply ( in my dreams ) they could tell us that it's been tested and that is wont be a problem because they have this and that ... to prevent it.

Like I said in my first post... it's not nick picking the problems ( we don't know yet) just trying to anticipate. It's just like if someone ask himself will 33 be enough or should I go with 35.
Beside we still have at least a year to wait. Im sure they will be testing and testing and testing until the test driver gets bored ! No car manufacturer plans a recall on purpose. We got the reveal most of us are ready to take delivery. Ford wont sell it until they say it's ready that I am sure.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

On my Mustang, every time you open the door the window drops about 1/2" then closes after you close the door to engage the weatherstrip. Suppose the Bronco will do the same. Seemed like something to break to me, but it's still working on my '05

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

a good while ago I had a Nissan 240SX with frameless doors, never had a problem, no leaks, no wind noise. Should have kept it, oh well...
Sponsored