Sponsored

Everyone thinks the bronco sport is the Bronco.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
He was able to keep it!!!! Lucky guy.
Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP

Cptjockitch

Wildtrak
First Name
william
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 ford raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Who cares? First world problems.

Wait till they call your Bronco a Jeep. Know how many times people have asked me if my cars a Hellcat? Is that a mustang? Is that a Camaro? People are dumb, ignore it.
I’m waiting for the “my dealership ordered me a bronco sport” thread. It doesn’t look like dealerships know the difference either.

BadBradBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well considering the dealerships are calling people and telling them they have the new bronco it’s a pretty big deal. The dealership in the story I linked didn’t even correct the news that it wasn’t the bronco but the bronco sport.
Yes that’s a very “big deal” ?

Last edited:

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Everyone doesn't think that. /closethread

Sponsored

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everyone knows how obsessed I am with the new Bronco to which point now whenever I see someone they love to say "Oh! I saw a Bronco the other day!" At which point I correct them and explain that the Sport is based on the Escape platform and that the big Bronco is based on the ranger platform. Then explain the differences. You will be dealing with this for the next 6-7 months

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Then explain the differences. You will be dealing with this for the next 6-7 months
That's optimistic lol. I had a brand new 2004 Mustang GT. For years I got asked if it had the 5.0 in it, despite ford not offering a 5.0 since 1995.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

People don't seem to confuse the Range Rover and Range Rover Sport.

The "problem" is the little one/Sport is out before the big one leading to confusion. There's zero reason dealers should be getting it wrong, though. That's 100% on them.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just tell people you are getting a drop top Bronco. If they are aware of the 2 Broncos, it will adjust their perception. If they arent aware of the two Broncos and have only seen the Sport, they will feel dumb because they didnt know the Sport came topless and wonder how it was possible which would prompt them to ask their favorite Bronco expert, YOU, what you mean. Then you will be able to give them a long winded explanation about the history of the Broncos, the variations, the size platforms over the years, the resurrection, the forsight of Bronco6G, the too slow release, the delays, the supplier issues, and finally get to berate their ignorance about the fact that they dont even know anything about you because the think that you could possible drive and inferior unibody pos(even though that pos had to pull a lifted wrangler up an obstacle it cruised through at MOAB ;)). I'm sure that would stroke you up almost as much as mashing pedal on that Raptor when you are flying across the Sunshine Skyway Bridge aka Sailboat Bridge.

Thats what I would do in your shoes.

Also dont forget that this issue was first brought to light at a Moose Lodge 28 years ago this month when the Bronco II was first produced.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I’m getting kinda tired of this. I drive a 2012 raptor and it’s an aggressive vehicle. I tell people at work and friends I’m trading it in for a bronco and they flip out. They obviously think I’m talking about the bronco sport. Even dealers think the bronco sport and the bronco are the same. We’ve seen people being called by dealers saying they have a bronco for test drive only to be a bronco sport. Why did Ford do this? They need to change it. Look at this story I found. At no time did they say bronco sport.
Going to disagree with you here. The Sport is a real Bronco. Besides that, its far more Bronco than most Bronco buyers will ever need in a nice package at a nice price.

Why does it matter what other "people" think about a car they don't even know anything about? I don't listen to someone in a Camry when they try to be critical of my 440i because what does he know?

Ford is launching a new line of vehicle with the Bronco name and they're all off road capable which is the true purpose of the vehicle. All of this cosmetic and surface level talk just doesn't hold value.

If someone doesn't understand what the big Bronco is and end up buying the Sport, so be it because they didn't do their research, but weren't likely going to use any of the Bronco capability anyway, so in the end, they did purchase the correct vehicle for them.

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

People don't seem to confuse the Range Rover and Range Rover Sport.

The "problem" is the little one/Sport is out before the big one leading to confusion. There's zero reason dealers should be getting it wrong, though. That's 100% on them.
If a dealer can sell you that little thing because you don't know any better, then good for the dealership, as you obviously didn't need the big Bronco anyway if you don't know anything about it, don't know it hasn't entered production, or even what the damn thing looks like.

Deleted member 3063

Seriously? People still compliment me on the great job I did modifying my completely stock Raptor. How long did it take, what'd it cost, why'd ya do it.
Only then do you realize you're in a completely different bubble.

Colorado

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Chevrolet Corvette GS, 15 Subaru Forrester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since we are talking big deals because of the Bronco Sport people refer to the Bronco as the Big Bronco. But it's not. The Bronco is mid-sized. The Big Bronco would be the F-150 sized Bronco and that may never exist. #bigdeal :p

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm not buying the Bronco for what other people think, it's for me. So not really a problem.
Sponsored