Sponsored

Everything Badlands: For Positive and VERY Excited future BL Owners!! Plan & Wait...

Badlands Wheel Set Options -What are you getting?

• 1. Stay with standard rim / 33”wheels

Votes: 30 28.6%
  • 2. Upgrade rim only- 17” Hi-Gloss Aluminum (Stay with BFG)

Votes: 11 10.5%
  • 3. Upgrade- 17” Hi-Gloss Aluminum & tire to 33” MT (Goodyears)

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • 4. Sasquatch Pkg.

Votes: 51 48.6%
  • 5. Stay with standard rim / wheels BECAUSE WILL GET AFTERMARKET

Votes: 10 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SpeedTwin

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I too am excited about the BL. My dealer called today, asked me to build my BL, and bring in my build sheet tomorrow to begin the order process! Stoked, to say the least. 2.3L, 7spd, Std package, tow, rack, floor mats. Non Squatch, will buy 35's after the 33's are worn. Also went with the tube doors and bikini top accessories.
Ford Bronco Everything Badlands: For Positive and VERY Excited future BL Owners!! Plan & Wait... Bronco BL Rapid Red.PNG
Sponsored

Last edited:

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I made two reservations. First one right after reveal for the Wildtrak 4-door. Made a second reservation the following morning for the 4-door Badlands after thinking about it. At the time we didn't know we could pick any trim other than FE so I made the second reservation.

I've kept both reservations just in case but after watching the interior video and playing around in B&P, it was easy for me to pick my build - 4-door Carb Gray Badsquatch 2.7L, soft top (plan to add color matching modular top later) MGV, Lux and tow (plus things like slide out tray if/once they add them).

I know not everyone is happy with B&P and other recent things Ford sprung on us, but I'm pretty excited right now.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
B&P settled it for me.

2 Dr 2.7 BadSquatch w/ high package it is.

I think.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Badlands was never in my choice prior to the B and P. But after seeing the hideous interiors except for the badlands, I’m ready to switch to the badlands for the all black interior. Just not sure I can live with orange stitching with a race red exterior.

OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I too am excited about the BL. My dealer called today, asked me to build my BL, and bring in my build sheet tomorrow to begin the order process! Stoked, to say the least. 2.3L, 7spd, Std package, tow, rack, floor mats. Non Squatch, will buy 35's after the 33's are worn. Also went with the tube doors and bikini top accessories.
Ford Bronco Everything Badlands: For Positive and VERY Excited future BL Owners!! Plan & Wait... Bronco BL Rapid Red.PNG
WOW. You got a great dealer! Nice to have. Enjoy the process..

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great thread. I’ve wanted a Cyber Orange 2 door Badlands for a while. I originally reserved an OBX on July 16 but quickly realized the Badlands was for me (2.7L, auto, upgraded wheels, high or lux). And I’d rather have the MIC top. So excited to order and get the process moving!
I have to say that, BL having the yellow/orange stitching really brings out the interior when you select the same color . I wish it matched my RV which I am using to pull my bronco...... Lol

BWS_TX

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Excellent! Let us know how the process goes! I am curious if the dealers have the full list of DIOs and we add them at order.

OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love this thread - thanks for creating it! I'm also BL + 2.7 + SAS (undecided on color, but MIC top is great for me). Posted this on another thread, but this is my drive home from Granger (IA to UT) plan:
Had positive fun yesterday planning my first trip in my new Bronco with my 70-yr old Dad (from Granger IA to home in Utah)
  • Day 1) Pick up Badlands Bronco with no hassle, do 8-hr drive to Badlands NP in my Badlands (yes I understand engine breakin and will adjust accordingly)
  • Day 2) Explore Badlands NP
  • Day 3) 8-hr drive to Ouray CO
  • Day 4) Wheel Imogene Pass and Black Bear Pass
  • Day 5) 4-hr drive to Moab, wheel Fins-n-Things
  • Day 6) Wheel Hell’s Revenge and Poison Spider
  • Day 7) 3 1/2-hr drive home
Will arrive home fully satisfied, great pics to share, and most importantly special memories with Dad.
Wow. Looked at your Road trip again. Super Cool. Anything you would differently if you did the trip again. Question, how extreme are some of these locations? I am not planning on buying a winch just yet... Where is home? Thanks for sharing and look to see a few of those pics...

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am in on the BL. Originally was going OXB. But I don’t like the body color flares, any of the interior colors and don’t want cloth. Standard MGV looks better to me than upgraded leather so BL here we come. Still deciding if I want high or lux package. Really only want the 12” screen and heated steering wheel so might just skip both and get mid.

4 dr
Area 51
Auto
Mic
Mid
Towing
50,765 is a good price for all that. Need to decide if it’s worth 2 to 4K more for other 2 items. Probably not.

mneblett

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, 2019 Mustang GT vert, 2019 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I too am excited about the BL. My dealer called today, asked me to build my BL, and bring in my build sheet tomorrow to begin the order process!
I don't want to spoil all the positivity, but -- be careful.

No dealer will be able to place an order with Ford until sometime in December at the earliest. This sounds like a "get them in the showroom, then ask/demand a deposit" to lock you into buying the car from them.

This would prevent you from transferring to a different dealer if something changes between now and January 31, at least not without losing your deposit.

Sponsored

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
One question on BL. Does anyone know if Baja mode is similar to sport? I use sport a lot on my f150 and used it all the time on my 15 mustang. Would hate to lose the more aggressive mode.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was positively set on a loaded OBX AMB white top with 33s. Like 1000% set. But then we lost white top, so I was going to paint the black top, then we lost the black top. Then we found out the non navy pier OBX interior has a bronze dashboard....then discussions about 33s not fitting...

Enter Badlands. MIC top matches the flares and grille. It has 33s. AMB horribly clashes with MIC but after seeing A51 on the overlands the paint paired with the MIC top looks excellent. And I could save 2200 on leather given MGV rocks. And I could save another 2k getting a MIC top rather than waiting to pay maybe 3k in fees etc to get a mod top at a later date on the OBX. And I don’t need to spend 1.5k on 33s or deal with the fuss.

So my total costs for a lux 2.7 badlands actually are the same. And I get everything I want Day 1! And all the off roading bits. Only sacrifice is no power seats. But who really cares if no trim levels have memory. And no removable rear quarter windows. Big whoop

The only thing that could steer me back is if I see AMB in person on an F150 and it’s a must have. Then I’ll go back to OBX with painted flares, gloss black grill and wait for a second top, which would be a mod black top to match grille for a stealth AMB/Black build.

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

After months of vacillating between Base, BB, BD, BL and OBX, I've finally decided on Badlands. I'm stoked! The MIC top will be fine until I can get a white one. The top will be off most of the time anyway.

I don't plan on doing any serious off roading or rock crawling, but it will be good to have the Badlands just in case when the need arises.

Badlands 2 Door white
2.7L AT
Mid
Top rails and Bimini top

BroncoSong

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you for this thread! All the negativity recently had me about ready to say goodbye to the forum for a while. Ford didn’t do everything right but we can still have amazing BRONCOS next year!!!! That’s a win in my book. All else is trivial.

Here’s mine:
4dr
Carbonized Gray
Marine Grade Vinyl
High
MIC (debating between soft top and wait on body color, or go MIC (I travel on highway a lot) and if I really want a body color later, just bite the bullet)

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the positive vibes all! I'm at 2dr BL, High pkg, those cool looking floor mats, and mesh bimini top. I'm hoping the Method 106 wheels will fit ok because I really like the look of those in black. They come with a pretty large offset so may need to add the squatch flares.

Looking at some trails around where I live for familiarization and then head to Rubicon with my son!
Sponsored