Sponsored

Everything Badlands: For Positive and VERY Excited future BL Owners!! Plan & Wait...

Badlands Wheel Set Options -What are you getting?

• 1. Stay with standard rim / 33”wheels

Votes: 30 28.6%
  • 2. Upgrade rim only- 17” Hi-Gloss Aluminum (Stay with BFG)

Votes: 11 10.5%
  • 3. Upgrade- 17” Hi-Gloss Aluminum & tire to 33” MT (Goodyears)

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • 4. Sasquatch Pkg.

Votes: 51 48.6%
  • 5. Stay with standard rim / wheels BECAUSE WILL GET AFTERMARKET

Votes: 10 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Love this thread - thanks for creating it! I'm also BL + 2.7 + SAS (undecided on color, but MIC top is great for me). Posted this on another thread, but this is my drive home from Granger (IA to UT) plan:
Had positive fun yesterday planning my first trip in my new Bronco with my 70-yr old Dad (from Granger IA to home in Utah)
  • Day 1) Pick up Badlands Bronco with no hassle, do 8-hr drive to Badlands NP in my Badlands (yes I understand engine breakin and will adjust accordingly)
  • Day 2) Explore Badlands NP
  • Day 3) 8-hr drive to Ouray CO
  • Day 4) Wheel Imogene Pass and Black Bear Pass
  • Day 5) 4-hr drive to Moab, wheel Fins-n-Things
  • Day 6) Wheel Hell’s Revenge and Poison Spider
  • Day 7) 3 1/2-hr drive home
Will arrive home fully satisfied, great pics to share, and most importantly special memories with Dad.
Let me know when you know some dates might join you for Imogen and Black Bear if I have mine by then.
Sponsored

Smurph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Bronco, 76 Bronco, 2008 GMC SIERRA2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like others, thanks for this thread. Tired of the negativity bringing down the excitement of this awesome vehicle. I have been looking forward to this vehicle for years and the overall design is fabulous paying tribute to the first gen while having a nice modern twist
Been all in on badlands since first reading the model builds.
our build

4dr velocity blue
2.7/auto
Excited to see how sta bar disconnect worksove this feature
Both soft and hard top if available MIC will work otherwise just soft top

beadlock capable wheels
If B&P is correct and I can get 4.7 gears without Sasquatch that’s what I’m doing. Will lift and get tires I want aftermarket

Love the MGV happy with interior

Mid package so wife can have heated seats, she also appreciates the multiple Dear Jesus grips as she calls them. I like the funky orange

Tube doors, Bimini top, pull out tailgate and fold down table for swing gate when available

Anything else we will just do over time aftermarket. It’s fun to add things over time. It just refreshes your ride when you add things

Will have 3 horses in the garage next year can’t wait

Colorado trails here we come

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m all in on a 2 door Badlands with bead lock capable wheels mid package in either black or carbonized grey.
But the wife thinks we need a 4 door Sasquatch so if I give in I will step down to the Black Diamond with every possible option.
Price it out before deciding. I ran both the BL and BD through B&P with the same options and came close to the same price.

OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like others, thanks for this thread. Tired of the negativity bringing down the excitement of this awesome vehicle. I have been looking forward to this vehicle for years and the overall design is fabulous paying tribute to the first gen while having a nice modern twist
Been all in on badlands since first reading the model builds.
our build

4dr velocity blue
2.7/auto
Excited to see how sta bar disconnect worksove this feature
Both soft and hard top if available MIC will work otherwise just soft top

beadlock capable wheels
If B&P is correct and I can get 4.7 gears without Sasquatch that’s what I’m doing. Will lift and get tires I want aftermarket

Love the MGV happy with interior

Mid package so wife can have heated seats, she also appreciates the multiple Dear Jesus grips as she calls them. I like the funky orange

Tube doors, Bimini top, pull out tailgate and fold down table for swing gate when available

Anything else we will just do over time aftermarket. It’s fun to add things over time. It just refreshes your ride when you add things

Will have 3 horses in the garage next year can’t wait

Colorado trails here we come
Super Cool. Quick question. I am leaning towards Area 51 presently mainly because we were able to see one in the events. Have you seen any velocity blue “Real Vehicles” yet. If the color looks like the simulation, I think I will also do VB. Really hoping to see the color on real vehicles ..Just wondering..

ClaviusBase

Outer Banks
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sasquatch Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I was all set on race red for my badlands and cruised by my ford dealer today to see it in person and I am glad I did. It is WAY too bright. It’s like a dayglo red. I was hoping it’d be close to the red I have on my nova which is a bright but deep red. The photos that make it look orange are because of how bright and flat it is, when light hits it, it can definitely get orange.

I think I am now leaning toward black, carbonized gray (will go see this once some 2021 explorers arrive) and cyber ora- yellow keeps tempting me. I also think the accent colors of badlands will go great with any of these where I was gonna switch out parts going red.

Sponsored

Smurph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Bronco, 76 Bronco, 2008 GMC SIERRA2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Super Cool. Quick question. I am leaning towards Area 51 presently mainly because we were able to see one in the events. Have you seen any velocity blue “Real Vehicles” yet. If the color looks like the simulation, I think I will also do VB. Really hoping to see the color on real vehicles ..Just wondering..
yes have seen it on a 2020 f-150.
I think it looks great. Can be a little on the lighter side in direct sunlight, but I think Jerry can represented well

OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yes have seen it on a 2020 f-150.
I think it looks great. Can be a little on the lighter side in direct sunlight, but I think Jerry can represented well
Thanks for the tip. The truck looks great and you are right about the Jerry cans. The Color page looks way off to me. I might have to go VB. Thanks again.
Ford Bronco Everything Badlands: For Positive and VERY Excited future BL Owners!! Plan & Wait... 47A8C785-D42E-499C-8FDE-FD59DFF74752
Ford Bronco Everything Badlands: For Positive and VERY Excited future BL Owners!! Plan & Wait... 0E880D9D-BB7E-4E70-B3EA-155929135EE9

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So if you go with the Cyber Orange paint, you get the color match door accents which help with the Orange interior trim. Helps a bunch.

Ford Bronco Everything Badlands: For Positive and VERY Excited future BL Owners!! Plan & Wait... 1603595695223

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not exactly the same thing- you can’t get the same interiors!
You're right, that's a fair point. I also forgot that they start at a different package level. Either way, I'm gonna be happy with what I get.

Jackattack

Badlands
First Name
Jarmon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullsh
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Something I have been pondering! Im 90% sure im getting a badlands. If they change pricing might go to BD. Anyway. I have a 3 year old. Still in the big car seats. That along with the ability to stow doors on board the 4 door is causing me to lean towards 4 door.

The other end of the argument is getting a 4 door badlands hindering its ability too much? Trail turn will be wider. (I'm getting 2.7/auto) also the break over angles are lesser by a good bit are they not?

Im from the muddy south. Not much rock crawling but would love to do it. I also intend to keep my little 4 door suv. For a daily driver. Anyone care to assist me on this decision? Am I missing anything?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Since day one i was always all in for a 4 door. But now today I think I am changing my mind and might get the 2 door. My kids are both in college and my wife already has a 4 door wrangler. Getting a 4 door Bronco seems redundant. Plus its cheaper and looks more like the original. decisions, decisions.

the blue potato

Wildtrak
First Name
Mr. Gone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Ford F100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wow! Sounds like an amazing trip!! Please post a thread on it when you're done.

I lived in SW Colorado for several years. I've done a majority of the passes including Black Bear (in a Scrambler). Should be a very memorable trip.

I am extremely excited as well and don't get all the negativity. I've been a project manager for years and understand what it's like to juggle a massive amount of moving parts and unknown issues while trying to bring a project to completion. For me it's actually been kind of fun to see things unfold and watch how Ford handles the bumps along the way. I'm actually impressed with how they are handling the moving parts of this project (or at least the parts I can see) and how they are handling all the haters who whine every day because they can't have what they want right now.

I'm 100% going badlands, and even changing my color to get one. I wanted AMB with a white top, black fenders / handles / grill. Since that's not an option, I just looked at what colors look good with the MIC top. Area 51 looks amazing with MIC top and the grey accents so I'll just go that route. Maybe in MY2023 I can get the white top and a lighter color interior.

Here's my build
4 Door
Area 51
Hard Top
Black rims
MGV seats
LUX
Towing
Storage bag for doors

Aftermarket soft top
Aftermarket mesh top

Reservation date is 7/17 so I hope I get it before the end of summer next year so I can enjoy the top & doors off for a while. I live in Colorado so I'll be hitting some trails too before the snow hits.
This is my build to a T - need to see pics when you get because you are waaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of me in line. I think spec is in the $58-59 IIRC?
Sponsored