Sponsored

Everything Badlands: For Positive and VERY Excited future BL Owners!! Plan & Wait...

Badlands Wheel Set Options -What are you getting?

• 1. Stay with standard rim / 33”wheels

Votes: 30 28.6%
  • 2. Upgrade rim only- 17” Hi-Gloss Aluminum (Stay with BFG)

Votes: 11 10.5%
  • 3. Upgrade- 17” Hi-Gloss Aluminum & tire to 33” MT (Goodyears)

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • 4. Sasquatch Pkg.

Votes: 51 48.6%
  • 5. Stay with standard rim / wheels BECAUSE WILL GET AFTERMARKET

Votes: 10 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BabyDoc1012

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sierra, 2019 Ascent
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have been going back and forth between BD and BL. I originally liked the idea of the BD mansquatch but, with the mansquatch not coming until late availability and not knowing if it will even be available for order in dec, I checked out the badlands and I think I found my build.
Ford Bronco Everything Badlands: For Positive and VERY Excited future BL Owners!! Plan & Wait... 1603912446725

BL, manual, standard package. I like the idea of minimal, it will be toy for light off-roading and teach my kids to drive.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How do you plan to use your Bronco? Will you need a 4 door most of the time or rarely? If rarely, and your heart wants a 2 door, get the 2 door. If its 50-50 use, probably opt for the 4 door.
This is why I decided on the 2dr. Probably 90% of the time I won't have anyone in the back. Plus I just think the 2dr looks so much better and it's cheaper.

jimeb

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Discovery 5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I dont know how to create a poll, but if someone could, it maybe interesting to see how many Badlands reservation holders are ok with just being offered onyx black interior / seats or would prefer the option to have a lighter color. I hear that Ford monitors this site and it may help give them an appreciation on how important it is to offer one of their premier off road trims with a light color interior.

Last edited:

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also debating on sasquatch. I'd like to know what the "high clearance suspension" means and is it different than the "Badlands unique suspension"?.

If the only difference is that the sasquatch includes a minor puck body lift, suspension travel limiter, 35" M/Ts on beadlock capable wheels and the different fender flares then I don't really care and will save the money.

For my use case A/T tires will be better anyhow.

But if the sasquatch "high clearance suspension" is something that would cost a fortune to do yourself, then I'll take the package and swap out the tires.

Yeah, starting to go through some of the same questions. I found on B&P that I could add the 4.7 gears without the Sasquatch package, it didn't change costs either. I really don't care about the Beadlock capable wheels or the wider flares and would be fine with the standard BL ones. What I want to learn more about is the "high clearance suspension" that's part of the Sasq package, how much different is it than the BL package. For the tires I'd rather have AT skinnies, Toyo AT3s are now available in 35x11.5-17 and buying the new tires would be cheaper than the Sasq package, and I could sell the BL 33's too.

attworth

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover D2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those wondering, one of the folks at Super Cel East (take with a grain of salt), said the Squatch has a higher spring rate, netting a slight lift. The actual dampers are the same. There’s a longer bumpstop to limit up travel, so the 35’s don’t rub.

I fully expect several types of lifts to be available before the end of next Calendar year.

Sponsored

paxfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 fx4 eco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice build. I am on the fence with getting the paint P. as well. Do you think its worth it?
With regard to PPF, I intend to use this truck to learn how to apply it with my son. Seems like a low risk DIY and will focus on leading edges (Colorado gravel) and side panels (desert pinstriping)

bladsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Posted this elsewhere but I think it’s more fitting here!! I’m so excited to get behind the wheel and other than a few “well that kinda sucks” and I quickly moved on to something else awesome I’m not deterred by B&P at all! I’m excited about the interior and the 33’s to start off with!! I was originally 100% on BD w/ squatch. Not that anyone cares but it’s 8am and just me and my coffee so here’s why I’m going with BL no squatch.
1) Articulation. I want to see how versatile the BL is as designed. Based on the videos of BL w/ 35’s there’s no room for much flex with 35’s and no lift. The stock BL looks very capable from the Moab videos. Plus with the modular bumpers you can get that extra clearance on approach without sacrificing articulation.
2) Packages. I’m sold on the manual and I’m not paying $44k for the Base interior. I’ll go the extra 6k with the BL and get the high package. Really a no brainer for me.
3) I like the orange trim more than the blue. ?
4) Capability! 3 words. Sway bar disconnect. I’m not going to be leaning off the side of a medium sized obstacle on a trail thinking ? man. That disconnect sure would be nice about now. Again, on my builds it’s 6k difference. Less Starbucks, more savings.
5) Aftermarket people! Everyone complaining about all these things Ford isn’t doing from the factory. The options will be ENDLESS as soon as these companies get their hands on some Broncos. Woosahhhhh. It’ll be available. I can always put 35’s on it later. ?

That’s all for now! Going with VB over A51 now, can’t wait to get behind the wheel!

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm having a hard time deciding between the 2-door and 4-door badlands. The heart wants a 2-door, head says 4-door.

Also debating on sasquatch. I'd like to know what the "high clearance suspension" means and is it different than the "Badlands unique suspension"?.

If the only difference is that the sasquatch includes a minor puck body lift, suspension travel limiter, 35" M/Ts on beadlock capable wheels and the different fender flares then I don't really care and will save the money.

For my use case A/T tires will be better anyhow.

But if the sasquatch "high clearance suspension" is something that would cost a fortune to do yourself, then I'll take the package and swap out the tires.
The spec page at Ford says 8.4” clearance goes to 10.4” with Sas. I assume that means 1” comes from the tires and another comes from a suspension lift.

Reactions: jxc

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The spec page at Ford says 8.4” clearance goes to 10.4” with Sas. I assume that means 1” comes from the tires and another comes from a suspension lift.
Ground clearance is actually listed at 11.6'/11.5" for Sasquatch.

Sponsored

LimitlessTruth

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Totoya Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Really looking forward to the Bronco, as getting out of my Camry will be a dream. I'm sick of suffering every time I want to do something as simple as going up a Forest Service road to a trailhead.

Now what options to pick has been difficult to settle on, and I'm hoping for a little help from the Badlands sub-community here.

What I'm pretty much settled on so far: Badlands 4-Door, Cyber Orange, MIC Hard-top, floor liners, door storage bags, 2.7L v6 w/ 10spd auto, 4.7 locking rear axle, and high package equipment.

Beyond that I'm not sure about a few things.
1. Are the Rock Rails standard or has that been changed? I ask cause the B&P tool shows them as an extra $595 yet the extra details say "Standard on Badlands models"
2. To Sasquatch or not, what has made people decide one way or the other. It sounds like the Badlands already comes with Bilstein shocks and 33" tires already and it is possible to add the 4.7 rear without the Sasquatch package. Is the remainder to be gained from the Sasquatch package worth $2,500? Living in Seattle and not doing off-roading with high frequency has left me with the belief that the 33" A/T are probably going to be much better to live with on a daily basis than the 35" M/T. Now I think I'd like to move up to 35" A/T and Beadlock capable wheels some day, is it worth it having it come from the Factory ready for that now or, save up and do that aftermarket down the road?
3. Final one, Connected Navigation. What is the service that this option is offering? Looks like a 90 day trial or 3 years of service, but what is the service and what happens after the 90 day trial is over?

Blindturtle

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Inifiniti
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Really looking forward to the Bronco, as getting out of my Camry will be a dream. I'm sick of suffering every time I want to do something as simple as going up a Forest Service road to a trailhead.

Now what options to pick has been difficult to settle on, and I'm hoping for a little help from the Badlands sub-community here.

What I'm pretty much settled on so far: Badlands 4-Door, Cyber Orange, MIC Hard-top, floor liners, door storage bags, 2.7L v6 w/ 10spd auto, 4.7 locking rear axle, and high package equipment.

1. Are the Rock Rails standard or has that been changed? I ask cause the B&P tool shows them as an extra $595 yet the extra details say "Standard on Badlands models"
2. To Sasquatch or not, what has made people decide one way or the other. It sounds like the Badlands already comes with Bilstein shocks and 33" tires already and it is possible to add the 4.7 rear without the Sasquatch package. Is the remainder to be gained from the Sasquatch package worth $2,500? Living in Seattle and not doing off-roading with high frequency has left me with the belief that the 33" A/T are probably going to be much better to live with on a daily basis than the 35" M/T. Now I think I'd like to move up to 35" A/T and Beadlock capable wheels some day, is it worth it having it come from the Factory ready for that now or, save up and do that aftermarket down the road?
3. Final one, Connected Navigation. What is the service that this option is offering? Looks like a 90 day trial or 3 years of service, but what is the service and what happens after the 90 day trial is over?
Rock rails are standard on the Badlands.

OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is a newbie question from Badlands B&P:
I am planning on staying with the standard 33” BFG Tires and just upgrading the rims. Should I select the 4.7 free gearing option or stick with the selected gear set on the B&P.
What is the trade-off?
Thanks!

OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can comment on #3 since I have the service already on my Ford Explorer. If you use your phone of the maps option already, there really is no need for the Navigation. Unless, you do plan to be off the grip. Even so, I would still recommend a good GPS system. The Navigation system offer is OK. NOT BAD and NOT great. Hope this helps. After 90 days, you will loose turn by turn support and maybe even live feeds.

OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Excellent point. Thanks!!
Sponsored