Sponsored

Everything Badlands: For Positive and VERY Excited future BL Owners!! Plan & Wait...

Badlands Wheel Set Options -What are you getting?

• 1. Stay with standard rim / 33”wheels

Votes: 30 28.6%
  • 2. Upgrade rim only- 17” Hi-Gloss Aluminum (Stay with BFG)

Votes: 11 10.5%
  • 3. Upgrade- 17” Hi-Gloss Aluminum & tire to 33” MT (Goodyears)

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • 4. Sasquatch Pkg.

Votes: 51 48.6%
  • 5. Stay with standard rim / wheels BECAUSE WILL GET AFTERMARKET

Votes: 10 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking forward to taking my Bronco to this location. Who can guess where this place is? Check out the Off-Road trial. Super Cool..
Ford Bronco Everything Badlands: For Positive and VERY Excited future BL Owners!! Plan & Wait... 188F307E-5C15-40A6-B7C4-44816E9F6017
Sponsored

Bronco_Mando

Badlands
First Name
Mando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ranger; MDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The BL optional wheels with the Carbonized Grey ring is a 17 x 8“ and the Sasquatch rim is a 17 x 8.5”. Both can fit a 315/70/17 or a 35 x 12.5 tire.
Do you happen to know if those 35” tires will fit without adding the Sasquatch pkg? I noticed the overland concept in Tennessee had them but will it be an issue?
Thanks!

OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do you happen to know if those 35” tires will fit without adding the Sasquatch pkg? I noticed the overland concept in Tennessee had them but will it be an issue?
Thanks!
That’s a good question. I spoke the ford rep at Tennessee who drove the overland rig and said that that rig was not SasquatchEd but did have sqautch flares and they added 35x12.5 tires. He said they did not rub on regular driving but felt they might while off-roading / when articulating.

Sponsored

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Aren’t these DIO, meaning they’ll ship to the dealer separately for installation upon arrival of the vehicle?

I could certainly be wrong, but my understanding is that the factory wouldn’t install such accessories.
‘I’m not sure if the rack would be DIO or factory added but I’m getting it, one way or the other Cause I will use it and it looks cool.

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have decided to go no Sasquatch.
here are my reasons as others have asked for why’s and why not’s

Although I like the look and stance of 35’s I think they still looked stuffed into wheel wells even with Sasquatch, not a big enough difference over standard badlands set up.
Also with B&P showing I can get 4.7 with auto this is all I wanted out of Sasquatch. I check other trims and they all required Sasquatch to get 4.7, badlands was the only one that didn’t
If you plan to go 35’s or larger someday you will want the higher gearing.

like someone else stated I want to see how this suspension performs with no travel limiters

lastly I want to do a 2-4” lift aftermarket and put the wheels and especially the tires that I want. Not a huge fan of any of the tires. General grabbers are a much better A/T tire than BFG in my opinion. But tires wear out and are easy to replace with your personal preference

Just my thoughts to Sasquatch or not
I just assumed checking the 4.7 RAR box would require Sasquatch. Another thread calculated the RPM at 70 MPH for 33” tires to be:

4.46 - 2285 RMP
4.7 - 2408 RPM

As a rule of thumb on diesel (sorry, I don’t know gas), 100 RPM lower on the same engine is worth about a 1% fuel economy improvement (off baseline). So 123 rpm would roughly be 1.23% different.

Assume the a Bronco gets 25 MPG highway with 33” tires and a 4.46 ratio.

25 - (25 X 0.0123) = 24.7 MPG.

Like I said, that’s a rule of thumb but shows how the math works. I’m getting the 4.7 with the 33” tires (unless someone with better gas engine info and RPM impact corrects me).

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So if you go with the Cyber Orange paint, you get the color match door accents which help with the Orange interior trim. Helps a bunch.

Ford Bronco Everything Badlands: For Positive and VERY Excited future BL Owners!! Plan & Wait... 188F307E-5C15-40A6-B7C4-44816E9F6017
That is the only classy color combination Ford came up with.

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

bladsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm set on Badlands and pumped. I'm getting a 4 door but I'm stuck on:

Sasquatch + mid
vs
No sasquatch + lux
You can always switch wheels and tires afterward. ?? I’d go with the lux package and start doing some research online!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BIG THANK YOU TO ALL THOSE POSITIVE PEOPLE!! This is now one of the the hotest Treads (top 5) because of the excitement and postive energy from all of you! Keep it coming!!

It really is amazing that this tread has been active for almost a week and I have not read one real negative comment. In addition I have learned so much for all of you. Thanks again!!
Ford Bronco Everything Badlands: For Positive and VERY Excited future BL Owners!! Plan & Wait... 2B8F2A8E-01EE-43AA-B773-CFDD6A92051C

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s a great looking truck, but those tires look proportionally too small, IMO. Out in the wild look at 4 door Rubis with stock 33s compared to the ones that have 35s put on. One just looks right, one looks too small (same wheelbase as Bronco). All opinion though, get what you like.
It's all opinion, but sometimes the 35s look like too much to me to the point where they take away from the vehicle or look "too bro."

I'm torn.

OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WHAT ARE YOUR TOP THREE REASONS FOR PICKING BADLANDS TRIM?

HERE ARE MINE:

1. The External Look-Badass!!
2. Interior Standard look plus High / Lux options
3. THE NAME / LOGO ... lol ... Need another reason to go the Badlands National Park!!

j_4260

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3, Ducati M620, BMW GSA 1200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WHAT ARE YOUR TOP THREE REASONS FOR PICKING BADLANDS TRIM?

HERE ARE MINE:

1. The External Look-Badass!!
2. Interior Standard look plus High / Lux options
3. THE NAME / LOGO ... lol ... Need another reason to go the Badlands National Park!!
1. Next 10+ year car that will (comfortably) take me off the beaten path and hit the rough stuff.
2. Best option in the market with all the tech at a justifiable price point.
3. I know Ford will make a reliable / quality vehicle.

j_4260

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3, Ducati M620, BMW GSA 1200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FWIW I'm glad I'm in this group of folks. I'm at a point in my life where time is hard to make (or find) and I can afford to have this new toy in the driveway.

I've got my reservation in for a silver 4DR, lux package, 2.7L, winch, and tow package, with whatever roof option they'll provide.

I don't really care if the roof is painted or is just plastic molded. I'd like to spend a lot of time driving the damn thing topless if I can.

I was debating going for Sasquatch but for upgraded suspension and wheels, I can wait for the aftermarket to catch up (if I even need to upgrade is a whole other question).

This car will also be a bit special - it'll be my first brand-new car purchase in my life. Go big or go home.

Looking forward to future meet-ups, overlanding, and getting away from home!
Sponsored