Sponsored

Everything Badlands: For Positive and VERY Excited future BL Owners!! Plan & Wait...

Badlands Wheel Set Options -What are you getting?

• 1. Stay with standard rim / 33”wheels

Votes: 30 28.6%
  • 2. Upgrade rim only- 17” Hi-Gloss Aluminum (Stay with BFG)

Votes: 11 10.5%
  • 3. Upgrade- 17” Hi-Gloss Aluminum & tire to 33” MT (Goodyears)

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • 4. Sasquatch Pkg.

Votes: 51 48.6%
  • 5. Stay with standard rim / wheels BECAUSE WILL GET AFTERMARKET

Votes: 10 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

On the build and price, I am able to select 4.70 gears from 4.46 gears when the automatic is selected without having to select Sasquatch option. Is this a B&P error or do you think that 4.70s can be selected without Sasquatch?

Example Build with Non-squatch 4.70 auto
Sponsored

Smurph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Bronco, 76 Bronco, 2008 GMC SIERRA2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On the build and price, I am able to select 4.70 gears from 4.46 gears when the automatic is selected without having to select Sasquatch option. Is this a B&P error or do you think that 4.70s can be selected without Sasquatch?
I will not say for sure that this is correct, but I did the same build with other trims and all of them required Sasquatch when selecting the 4.7 gears. Badlands was only trim that allowed me to select 4.7 and didn’t bring up window asking if I wanted to make the change. I hope this is correct as I would like a standard badlands with auto and 4.7 gears. Then do an aftermarket lift and get new wheels/tires at that time

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you ever get an answer on this? I am very curious.
Nothing definitive yet, looks like another glitch in the B&p. I'm hoping they are because it's a good deal for the price.

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you ever get an answer on this? I am very curious.
Esteban said during a walkthrough video (posted here, couldn’t find) that the optional non-Sasquatch BL wheel has a decorative ring that can be removed and replaced with a bead lock capable one. That must be why it isn’t listed as bead lock capable since it requires an aftermarket modification.

Rings cost anywhere from $50 to $250 apiece depending on how fancy you want them to be.

Last edited:

Hokiemike87

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bear with me and my dumb question. I haven't seen any pics or hear any comments on how the roof rack is removed when taking the top off. Just curious on that aspect. Going with Carbonized Gray 2.7L BL build with Lux package and 4 door so based on the B&P will need to add the racks later unless it's a glitch.

Sponsored

NoTestDrive

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 VW Touareg
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Esteban said during a walkthrough video (posted here, couldn’t find) that the optional non-Sasquatch BL wheel has a decorative ring that can be removed and replaced with a bead lock capable one. That must be why it isn’t listed as bead lock capable as it requires an aftermarket modification.

Rings cost anywhere from $50 to $250 apiece depending on how fancy you want them to be.
You're right, I remember that's exactly what he said but I didn't really pay attention/understand what he meant there. Thanks for clarifying all this - so to me the upgraded wheel is worth it.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 LT Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Although I agree, I can see people easily breaking a front pinion /ring gear while locked up with them getting too throttle hungry (wheel spin and then suddenly getting traction). With the factory 33's shouldn't be an issue, but I know alot of people will put on 35's and even 37's.

Also the fact that you will not be able to turn the wheel while having the front locker engaged. It is really only useful for straight obstacle approaches.

Alot of the wheeling I do is rock/ desert oriented. Out of the ten years of owning my tacoma, I have only been in two situations where a front locker would have been beneficial in getting me over that ledge.

Now the rear locker, that is invaluable. I use that all the time off road.

LimitlessTruth

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Totoya Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bear with me and my dumb question. I haven't seen any pics or hear any comments on how the roof rack is removed when taking the top off. Just curious on that aspect. Going with Carbonized Gray 2.7L BL build with Lux package and 4 door so based on the B&P will need to add the racks later unless it's a glitch.
Based off the walk around video by Town and Country TV (Alabama Ford dealer) on YouTube, Mitchell mentions that it is possible to remove the roof without removing the rack. That might only be sections of the roof though, I'm not sure.

As for the "glitch" with the roof rack, no clue. There are weird non-compatible options. Can't have a 2.7L v6 with a brush guard or roof rails...

OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is not a mistake. Badlands gives you the option to go to 4.7 on both Auto and Manual.

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Build:
Shadow Black Exterior
Hard Top, Molded-in Color (MIC)
Hard Top Sound Deadening Headliner
Roof Rails with Crossbar
Paint Protection Film
Wheel Lock Kit
Engine Block Heater
Leather-trimmed Vinyl Seats
Floor Liners - Front and Rear
Storage Bag – Front Row Top Panels and Door
Lux Package
Towing Package
2.7L EcoBoost Engine (once glitch is fixed in the build and price and I can add this without it removing some of the above items)
4.7 Locking Rear Axle Final Drive Ratio

Accessories:
Roof-Mounted Cargo Box with Locks
Yakima Awning - Retractable
Off-Road/Track Air Compressor Kit
Off-Road Underbody Lighting Kit - Amber
**Also thinking about the Pod Lights and one of the hitch-mounted bike carriers

Tire & Wheel Replacements:
Then I'll replace the stock 33" tires with 33-34" Cooper Discoverer S/T Maxx and I'll replace the stock 17" wheels with 20" Mickey Thompsons - either the Sidebiter II or the 336B MM-366

I'm going ALL IN on this Badlands - it's a once in a lifetime chance to do this and I can't not go balls to the wall on it!

Badlands Build Pic.jpeg

Cooper Discoverer S:T Maxx.jpg

Mickey Thompson Sidebiter II.jpg

Mickey Thompson 366B MM-366.jpg
Wow.... That would be $75K up here ?

gofastguy

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Great Badlands info here

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Was all in on the BL when I reserved, because, hell yeah! Then I was all in on the Black Diamond because, money. Then I sat on it a long while. Then Ford said no manual on any higher trims with BD. So I'm back on BL, because, hell yeah!

If I'm spending a boat-load of cash I might as well get a bigger boat.
giphy.gif

Special Decor

Badlands
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F 150, 1976 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First of all, great thread. I'm very excited to be purchasing a new Badlands. So I've decided if I'm going to buy a new Bronco. I'm going to load it up with as many features that my finances will afford. I have a 1976 Bronco that I wrench on, so the new one will be ordered with what I need from the factory. The only wrenching on the new Bronco will be bolt on accessories. So here is my build wish.

Badland 2 door
2.7, 10 speed
Sasquatch
Mid level trim
Tow Package
Roof Rails
Area 51 with color matched modular top. Even if I have to wait for build year 2022. This is the number one option I wanted on the new Bronco. My 1976 Bronco has the factory Special DĂ©cor package. Featuring color matched top and Special DĂ©cor Stripe. So to keep with that theme. I was going to have a vinyl wrap shop, recreate a similar DĂ©cor stripe in white, for the Badlands Bronco.
Ford Bronco Everything Badlands: For Positive and VERY Excited future BL Owners!! Plan & Wait... IMG_20170812_202924
Ford Bronco Everything Badlands: For Positive and VERY Excited future BL Owners!! Plan & Wait... IMG_20170812_202935
Sponsored

Last edited: