Excellent Conversation with My Dealer Today

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If a Bronco owner came into a JL forum like a bull in a china shop and basically told everyone to pound themselves if they disagreed with him - I bet the reception would have been the same or worse.
Damn you got me. Everyone is right no one is ever wrong. Pot meet kettle!
Sponsored

MP85

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Many of us believed we were optimists too. Maybe at some point we were.

Everyone just needs to relax and believe that their bronco will come (eventually). I only joined B6G recently as well, and learned a lot from the B6G members. B6G is a great resource, and I hope all the hate on this thread doesn't discourage you from staying on B6G.

Good luck with your build. Hope you get in for January builds.

@BlueBronco , once again, thanks for the advice. I am an optimist and I do value ethics and I feel good about what I hear from my dealer. I can take the ridicule all anyone wants to give, but I believe in goodness and ethics when I see things first hand. Everyone can apply their experiences elsewhere to my case and that is just totally bullshit. B6G is an echo chamber....which I hate. First hand experience is the only one worth value. I'll heed the advice and will be reluctant to post any further unless I can show something I have directly or where there are credible and verifiable sources.

SHeesh.......didn't feel like my optimistic, hopeful, and informational(?) original post would stir up such visceral shit. I hope you all don't walk through life with that weight on your shoulders.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Was the tow package on that list? If so, think about that......really think about that. You REALLY believe that a bit of wiring harness, an electrical connector, and a bit of bent/welded steel is going to hold up production of a vehicle? My opinion......someone is smoking crack to believe that. With all the computer chip shortages (real), all the MIC hard top issues, the complexity of Ecoboost engine everything.......all in comparison to a fucking tow package. Come on......give me a break.

I guess we'll just have to see what ACTUALLY goes down in the next month or so.
You wanted proof that a commodity constraint could delay production of your truck then you have it and want to argued about the validity of it???? Seriously dude, yes ordering a tow package could delay your truck because they only have so many of the part. It’s. Simple concept called supply and demand.

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have been seeing many reports of builds being delivered with similar features to mine and even to reservation holders that are later than mine. I figured it was time to call my dealer to get an update. Last we spoke was in late October. I had an excellent conversation this morning with them and wanted to share some interesting things.

1. I saw a listing of dealers (B6G? BN?) where they were listing dealers and their offered discounts. My dealer was [falsely] listed as them including additional ADM markup. I placed my order before I learned what ADM markups were......and things like X-Plan discounts.......and such. She confirmed that they do NOT have additional ADM markups. She also confirmed something I knew from my research and that is that Ford is not allowing X-Plan pricing/discount for the Broncos. She told me that dealers may be telling you all that, but they have flexibility in other ways to offer a discount but it isn't TRULY the X-Plan. PLEASE DON'T RESPOND TELLING ME I AM FULL OF SHIT IF YOU DISAGREE. This came directly from the Dealer's lead person that places orders and deals directly with the factory on ALL their orders. Bottom line is I am comforted to know they will honor MSRP, no ADM markups, and will likely give me a deal out of their "Satisfaction" allocation budget......either a discount or via accessories.

2. I asked about my place in line. They have scheduled 16 of 23 of their January allocation. She couldn't tell me if I will get a January build date or not. Next week is their next order block and she will know more then. In October I had a priority code of 12. She said that my priority code today is a 10 (BEST). She said the "default" priority code is 19 (WORST)......as I think we have all learned. What was interesting is this. It sounds like they can move a priority code up however they like as the dealer. It has nothing to do with what priority the factory gives on orders. My dealer says they give better priority to early reservation holders over newer reservations, as it certainly should be. However, she also said they will bump up (improve) your priority code if you show enthusiasm for your order. By that I mean that she said if a customer doesn't contact them, they don't move the priority up. Also, sounds like if you are an asshole, they may leave it as a lower priority. My recommendation is call your dealer regularly to check in........don't call so frequently you are a pest........don't be an asshole when you do call. My take-away.....communicative and courteous customers get better priority codes.

3. Lastly, I asked her about the myths (my opinion) that I feel this forum and other forums are spreading. I have seen reports on deliveries of 2-doors, hard tops, SAS packages, LUX, tow packages, etc. I asked her if by deleting my tow package if it would help get my place in line improved for delivery schedule. She tells me that it just doesn't seem to make a difference at their dealership and also agreed these are unfounded myths. They are seeing scheduling and delivery of tow packages, 2-doors, hard-tops, LUX, SAS, all models........she feels that those rumors are just not valid at this time. My order is 2-dr, Badlands, SAS, 2.7L, 10-Auto, LUX, tow, EG......quite a few things to be concerned about for scheduling a build if I was to believe what I read on the forum. I am an optimist, too, so maybe a fault of mine. Only time will tell.
On Nov 18th I received an email from Ford that my schedule for production is January 10th, FYI to give you a timeline.

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A dickish response to my message is going to get this dickish response back. HTF do you know that all January build dates have been assigned? Source, please?........ I don't need another OPINION or an "I have a friend that knows".......but a REAL and reliable source.
Just curious......how was that a "dickish" response? It was legit and valid and you respond in this fashion?? Man you came into this forum swinging!!!! There are a lot of people expressing opinions in here and the rumors usually are picked apart pretty quickly. What you considered rumors are fact directly from Ford correspondence which some of us in here have actually received!!!!! Stick around and evaluate the surroundings for a minute before throwing punches and you would be greeted in a much better fashion.
Sponsored