First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
Correct, but it’s also been stated that it is a royal PITA. But, technically you can add it later.
I posted this earlier today in another discussion:

Even if you got the factory tow package you would still need to install or have installed the trailer brake controller (it is not included with the tow package)

The Curt hitch and wiring for 4 pin is around $200 and a separate brake controller is another ~$200 and ~$100 for the 7 pin wiring kit -about $500 total before installation

The factory setup is $595 + ~$250 for the brake controller - about $845 (still have to install brake controller)

I would find it hard to believe that you could not get a reputable shop to install the hitch and wiring for the $345 dollar difference (actually more if you figure in installing the brake controller on the factory setup)
Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I posted this earlier today in another discussion:

Even if you got the factory tow package you would still need to install or have installed the trailer brake controller (it is not included with the tow package)

The Curt hitch and wiring for 4 pin is around $200 and a separate brake controller is another ~$200 and ~$100 for the 7 pin wiring kit -about $500 total before installation

The factory setup is $595 + ~$250 for the brake controller - about $845 (still have to install brake controller)

I would find it hard to believe that you could not get a reputable shop to install the hitch and wiring for the $345 dollar difference (actually more if you figure in installing the brake controller on the factory setup)
Installing a hitch and a control box for the 4 pin wiring isn’t the issue. You are correct. I’ve done it many times. The issue is the imbedded system with the 7 pin wiring. I’m not like some on here that can pull threads from months ago in a few seconds, but it’s been posted. I know someone that had a dealer add factory towing to their RAV 4 and it wasn’t cheap. Around here, shop time is 125.00 an hour. I’m not trying to argue. Just saying that if you want the 7 pin and easy access to sway control, then the 595 isn’t all that bad. If you just want a hitch to pull a utility trailer, the 200.00 hitch package and plug and play connections work great. I’ve done that plenty and would do it on a Base if that’s what I was getting.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow!

Way to throw a new guy under the bus. He was simply trying to relay some info.
On most orders the dealer can post a 19 or 10 priority code. This was all he was stating.
The dealer in the allocation they were actually receiving(raw data) showed little to no difference in specs. Cough: they have been receiving tow pack mic tops as well as other options :cough.
Also the dealer should have a good idea of what orders would be built next. Who the hell cares if it’s Jan or feb build or even march for that matter?

The most important thing for the OP is that he’s close to a build and the dealer would honor msrp. This is huge! For a community of enthusiast you guys seem to care more about being right than helping out! That’s a shame!

Onehrdfrst

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have been seeing many reports of builds being delivered with similar features to mine and even to reservation holders that are later than mine. I figured it was time to call my dealer to get an update. Last we spoke was in late October. I had an excellent conversation this morning with them and wanted to share some interesting things.

1. I saw a listing of dealers (B6G? BN?) where they were listing dealers and their offered discounts. My dealer was [falsely] listed as them including additional ADM markup. I placed my order before I learned what ADM markups were......and things like X-Plan discounts.......and such. She confirmed that they do NOT have additional ADM markups. She also confirmed something I knew from my research and that is that Ford is not allowing X-Plan pricing/discount for the Broncos. She told me that dealers may be telling you all that, but they have flexibility in other ways to offer a discount but it isn't TRULY the X-Plan. PLEASE DON'T RESPOND TELLING ME I AM FULL OF SHIT IF YOU DISAGREE. This came directly from the Dealer's lead person that places orders and deals directly with the factory on ALL their orders. Bottom line is I am comforted to know they will honor MSRP, no ADM markups, and will likely give me a deal out of their "Satisfaction" allocation budget......either a discount or via accessories.

2. I asked about my place in line. They have scheduled 16 of 23 of their January allocation. She couldn't tell me if I will get a January build date or not. Next week is their next order block and she will know more then. In October I had a priority code of 12. She said that my priority code today is a 10 (BEST). She said the "default" priority code is 19 (WORST)......as I think we have all learned. What was interesting is this. It sounds like they can move a priority code up however they like as the dealer. It has nothing to do with what priority the factory gives on orders. My dealer says they give better priority to early reservation holders over newer reservations, as it certainly should be. However, she also said they will bump up (improve) your priority code if you show enthusiasm for your order. By that I mean that she said if a customer doesn't contact them, they don't move the priority up. Also, sounds like if you are an asshole, they may leave it as a lower priority. My recommendation is call your dealer regularly to check in........don't call so frequently you are a pest........don't be an asshole when you do call. My take-away.....communicative and courteous customers get better priority codes.

3. Lastly, I asked her about the myths (my opinion) that I feel this forum and other forums are spreading. I have seen reports on deliveries of 2-doors, hard tops, SAS packages, LUX, tow packages, etc. I asked her if by deleting my tow package if it would help get my place in line improved for delivery schedule. She tells me that it just doesn't seem to make a difference at their dealership and also agreed these are unfounded myths. They are seeing scheduling and delivery of tow packages, 2-doors, hard-tops, LUX, SAS, all models........she feels that those rumors are just not valid at this time. My order is 2-dr, Badlands, SAS, 2.7L, 10-Auto, LUX, tow, EG......quite a few things to be concerned about for scheduling a build if I was to believe what I read on the forum. I am an optimist, too, so maybe a fault of mine. Only time will tell.
I was notified by Ford my build week is the week of the 24 of Jan. I received this email Nov 18
My order is October 18 confirmed ..placed October 16 Yark Ford Toledo
2door 4c, auto ,mid pkg , tow pkg I think you may have been mislead

Sponsored

ELKS1

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
2: January build dates have already been assigned... you didn't make it this round. Your dealer knows this. Pretty sure the dealer might be able to 99 an order if the customer is a jerk but they don't get to pick if an order gets priority. Never heard that one...
Me either I call bullshit on that one

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
which I hate. First hand experience is the only one worth value. I'll heed the advice and will be reluctant to post any further unless I can show something I have directly or where there are credible and verifiable sources. ...
You are so close to seeing it here, just barely missing the point. You are not receiving first hand experience from your dealer. It is them telling you what they believe and interpreted from what they have seen. That is second hand. You then post about it and expect folks to accept your claim without hesitation that the, now third hand, information is both truthful and factually correct, not losing or adding anything in the translation from one person to the next (and that your dealer's interpretation was originally accurate). You write that first hand experience is the only valid kind, but then bristle up when others question, what to them, is third hand reporting from you. Can you blame them for healthy scepticism?

pimpjuice

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As someone who was one of the top 5 orders at my dealership, first to get picked up by Ford, have had a vin and build date since 6/15... and still don't have my Bronco, what you put on your Bronco absolutely matters. I've seen a few Broncos in my town but I'll be the only one with a Lux and hardtop for awhile.

lenitech

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco, 2021 Base Sasquatch (AMB)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Remember the good old days when Rusty was going to test drive a 2 door Bronco? He didn’t believe us over the dealer either. But he was at least a good “sport” about it.

OP, There is a lot of information on this forum. Yes, the search isn’t the greatest but over time you begin to know who to listen to and who not to. You are right, there are lots of opinions. Just like watching the news. Lots of opinions with an occasional fact thrown in. If you hang around long enough, you’ll figure it out and perhaps even enjoy the ride. Best not to get too upset, it is what it is.

Every new member should be required to read that thread. It is by far the funniest one on this whole site. I still chuckle thinking of that picture.

Sponsored

Blueoval

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Explorer & 2010 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was the tow package on that list? If so, think about that......really think about that. You REALLY believe that a bit of wiring harness, an electrical connector, and a bit of bent/welded steel is going to hold up production of a vehicle? My opinion......someone is smoking crack to believe that. With all the computer chip shortages (real), all the MIC hard top issues, the complexity of Ecoboost engine everything.......all in comparison to a fucking tow package. Come on......give me a break.

I guess we'll just have to see what ACTUALLY goes down in the next month or so.
Tow package is on list and has been for months. There are constraints all across the supply chain. Have you tried to build an engine in the last year it buy a crate motor? Difficult to buy a motor or even build one because parts are hard to come by. How do I know? I work in the automotive aftermarket industry. I also made sure I didn’t have the constraints that Ford listed way back when and took delivery of one of the first 600 produced. I worked directly with the contact from Curt and it still took more time than it would have in the past to get my hitch from them. Wiring harness is available at your friendly local dealer today.

A25D278F-DB6C-4711-B257-FABEA637019A.jpeg

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Was the tow package on that list? If so, think about that......really think about that. You REALLY believe that a bit of wiring harness, an electrical connector, and a bit of bent/welded steel is going to hold up production of a vehicle? My opinion......someone is smoking crack to believe that. With all the computer chip shortages (real), all the MIC hard top issues, the complexity of Ecoboost engine everything.......all in comparison to a fucking tow package. Come on......give me a break.

I guess we'll just have to see what ACTUALLY goes down in the next month or so.
Not trying to be a sick, but as a wholesale distributor of components for automotive use, I do believe that a ‘simple’ tow package could be hard to come by. I see it everyday. For example, a particular fastener used on every trailer and box truck you see is nowhere to be found. I sell 500k of that fastener yearly and the manufacturer has no idea when they’ll be able to start filling my monthly releases. The problem is sourcing the material. The material……steel.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow!

Way to throw a new guy under the bus. He was simply trying to relay some info.
On most orders the dealer can post a 19 or 10 priority code. This was all he was stating.
The dealer in the allocation they were actually receiving(raw data) showed little to no difference in specs. Cough: they have been receiving tow pack mic tops as well as other options :cough.
Also the dealer should have a good idea of what orders would be built next. Who the hell cares if it’s Jan or feb build or even march for that matter?

The most important thing for the OP is that he’s close to a build and the dealer would honor msrp. This is huge! For a community of enthusiast you guys seem to care more about being right than helping out! That’s a shame!
OP came on as an arrogant condescending ass with his all caps “don’t tell me” crap. He got off easy for the misinformation he was spewing as unassailable fact from his apparently omnipotent dealer.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I am an optimist and I do value ethics and I feel good about what I hear from my dealer.

I believe in goodness and ethics when I see things first hand.

SHeesh.......didn't feel like my "optimistic, hopeful", and informational(?) original post would stir up such visceral shit.

I hope you all don't walk through life with that weight on your shoulders.
Sometimes, those with an "optimistic, hopeful" outlook on life do not have a very highly tuned BS detector, those are the type of people dealers love. I've never seen a dealer/car salesperson not be able to answer any question of the spot, regardless if they don't know the correct answer, they just make one up to fit the moment.

Some of us walk through life as "optimistic, realists", with highly tuned BS detectors.

Last edited:

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
PLEASE DON'T RESPOND TELLING ME I AM FULL OF SHIT IF YOU DISAGREE
With that kind of attitude it's a true mystery why the OP was met with mockery, derision, and laughter....

It''s one thing to be wrong.
It's another to be wrong and a jerk.
It's another to be wrong, double down, and continue to be a jerk.

It's the worst thing to be wrong, double down, continue to be a jerk, while claiming superiority because "My dealer said"

If you treat people at your dealership the same way you bust into here on your high horse - I suspect your Bronco might be 99'd and you'll never see it.

3cd6ddef-343d-4e74-b04e-f6762acace48_text.gif
Sponsored

Last edited: