First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The most important thing for the OP is that he’s close to a build and the dealer would honor msrp. This is huge! For a community of enthusiast you guys seem to care more about being right than helping out! That’s a shame!
Nothing the OP wrote indicated he's close to a build date. Definitely won't be happening in January. So he might find out in the coming week or so if he is getting it built in February or March.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2) Priority code 10-19 doesn't matter when it comes to the Bronco.

3) Ford sent a memo themselves regarding removing PFF, tow package, and hard top increasing the likelihood of getting scheduled.

In summation, "My dealer said..."
I write order management software along with some other programming. It is highly unlikely for write custom changes to the corporate wide standardized order fulfillment system so that the priority status is different for managing the high volume of Bronco Orders versus the rest of the Brand. My theory is that dealers are prioritizing anything that can have high mark up and no customer match requirement using the system as it was set up.

This is now all just a waiting game to see how long we can be abused. The rules have yet to change from day 1 to favor a customer reservation. Call me pessimistic.

I really feel for the day 1-2 with no communication. On the flip side of Ford could build them to fill all orders they would. That’s how they make money. It just sucks that the allocation and priority game are now adding to the torture.

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Was the tow package on that list? If so, think about that......really think about that. You REALLY believe that a bit of wiring harness, an electrical connector, and a bit of bent/welded steel is going to hold up production of a vehicle? My opinion......someone is smoking crack to believe that. With all the computer chip shortages (real), all the MIC hard top issues, the complexity of Ecoboost engine everything.......all in comparison to a fucking tow package. Come on......give me a break.

I guess we'll just have to see what ACTUALLY goes down in the next month or so.
The tow package has often been on the list. I received my Bronco in September with my tow package when it was on then
“list”

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I write order management software along with some other programming. It is highly unlikely for write custom changes to the corporate wide standardized order fulfillment system so that the priority status is different for managing the high volume of Bronco Orders versus the rest of the Brand. My theory is that dealers are prioritizing anything that can have high mark up and no customer match requirement using the system as it was set up.
One of our Bronco6g insider dealer's posted the Ford documentation to explain how Ford handles timestamp order on the backend.
I have a customer with an early reservation, how can I ensure they are being prioritized?
The scheduling system will continue to pull orders based on customers reservation timestamp. As the systems runs out of buildable orders because of commodities, it will move down the list until it finds an order that is buildable. Scheduling prioritizes retail orders with a timestamp first, retail orders without a timestamp second, and stock orders last.
By the way, if you're not writing your software code to be extensible, your not following best practice. I worked on one major aircraft system product that was customized for ever single customer. Our order system and code was written to be able to accept unknown customer requests via a configuration file or simple additional programming. Ford is striving to change to a build-to-order model, so you know regardless how messy the Bronco launch is, their programmer's are redoing the legacy order system.

Sponsored

Rickey498

Big Bend
First Name
Rickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is my experience with the ordering process. I first reserved my bronco back in early July of 2020. Then I switched over to Granger for their October deal. Then I learned on here about the allocation system and how ford was screwing Granger for trying to give people a good deal on a bronco. In the mean time I also noticed that a lot of people were walking on dealer lots, ordering a broncos minus the hard top, tow package, and 2.7 and getting a production date a month later. So first I tried to change my reservation to a new dealer and while I was waiting, I found a dealer near me charging only msrp and ordered a big bend with the mid package on 10/28. I got an email with a production date for the week of 1/17. I canceled my reservation. I can tell you allocations and what you order on your bronco most definitely play a part in how fast you get your bronco. Also they only send out emails for production on the second week of the month. So next week they should be sending out production emails for February. Good luck.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One of our Bronco6g insider dealer's posted the Ford documentation to explain how Ford handles timestamp order on the backend.

By the way, if you're not writing your software code to be extensible, your not following best practice. I worked on one major aircraft system product that was customized for ever single customer. Our order system and code was written to be able to accept unknown customer requests via a configuration file or simple additional programming. Ford is striving to change to a build-to-order model, so you know regardless how messy the Bronco launch is, their programmer's are redoing the legacy order system.
so ford published a document that stated how the system is supposed to work. We know based on order entry and customer pick of similar builds there may just be a glitch in the programming then. I’ll be a glass half full guy today.

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most posting on this thread get it but I’m shaking my head that some can‘t seem to figure out that “constraint” simply means limited supply rather than zero supply. Of course Ford can deliver some Broncos with tow and MIC top.

The OP‘s dealer simply doesn‘t understand this to the depth they would if they were a “competent“ supply chain professional. I put “competent“ in quotes because even if they work in automotive or similar supply chains that still doesn’t mean they understand what’s going on. Think about all the people you’ve worked with over the years and how many of those people actually understand their jobs fully. Not very many, right? So next time someone states they work in Ford scheduling or know someone at Ford and “they said…..” it doesn’t necessarily make it so. I’ve got a lot of experience in supply chains and I’m still surprised at how wrong I was about some stuff the last year or two before I retired in April 2021. The game has changed so take everything you hear with a grain of salt since what was true last week might not be true next week.

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been seeing many reports of builds being delivered with similar features to mine and even to reservation holders that are later than mine. I figured it was time to call my dealer to get an update. Last we spoke was in late October. I had an excellent conversation this morning with them and wanted to share some interesting things.

1. I saw a listing of dealers (B6G? BN?) where they were listing dealers and their offered discounts. My dealer was [falsely] listed as them including additional ADM markup. I placed my order before I learned what ADM markups were......and things like X-Plan discounts.......and such. She confirmed that they do NOT have additional ADM markups. She also confirmed something I knew from my research and that is that Ford is not allowing X-Plan pricing/discount for the Broncos. She told me that dealers may be telling you all that, but they have flexibility in other ways to offer a discount but it isn't TRULY the X-Plan. PLEASE DON'T RESPOND TELLING ME I AM FULL OF SHIT IF YOU DISAGREE. This came directly from the Dealer's lead person that places orders and deals directly with the factory on ALL their orders. Bottom line is I am comforted to know they will honor MSRP, no ADM markups, and will likely give me a deal out of their "Satisfaction" allocation budget......either a discount or via accessories.

2. I asked about my place in line. They have scheduled 16 of 23 of their January allocation. She couldn't tell me if I will get a January build date or not. Next week is their next order block and she will know more then. In October I had a priority code of 12. She said that my priority code today is a 10 (BEST). She said the "default" priority code is 19 (WORST)......as I think we have all learned. What was interesting is this. It sounds like they can move a priority code up however they like as the dealer. It has nothing to do with what priority the factory gives on orders. My dealer says they give better priority to early reservation holders over newer reservations, as it certainly should be. However, she also said they will bump up (improve) your priority code if you show enthusiasm for your order. By that I mean that she said if a customer doesn't contact them, they don't move the priority up. Also, sounds like if you are an asshole, they may leave it as a lower priority. My recommendation is call your dealer regularly to check in........don't call so frequently you are a pest........don't be an asshole when you do call. My take-away.....communicative and courteous customers get better priority codes.

3. Lastly, I asked her about the myths (my opinion) that I feel this forum and other forums are spreading. I have seen reports on deliveries of 2-doors, hard tops, SAS packages, LUX, tow packages, etc. I asked her if by deleting my tow package if it would help get my place in line improved for delivery schedule. She tells me that it just doesn't seem to make a difference at their dealership and also agreed these are unfounded myths. They are seeing scheduling and delivery of tow packages, 2-doors, hard-tops, LUX, SAS, all models........she feels that those rumors are just not valid at this time. My order is 2-dr, Badlands, SAS, 2.7L, 10-Auto, LUX, tow, EG......quite a few things to be concerned about for scheduling a build if I was to believe what I read on the forum. I am an optimist, too, so maybe a fault of mine. Only time will tell.
Ford Bronco Excellent Conversation with My Dealer Today Whiskey

I think I need a shot after these“Dealer Said”

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Can we quit recruiting people from Facebook please?

Sponsored

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
...1. I saw a listing of dealers (B6G? BN?) where they were listing dealers and their offered discounts. My dealer was [falsely] listed as them including additional ADM markup. I placed my order before I learned what ADM markups were......and things like X-Plan discounts.......and such....
This quote screams I've never done this before help.
OP came on as an arrogant condescending ass with his all caps “don’t tell me” crap. He got off easy for the misinformation he was spewing as unassailable fact from his apparently omnipotent dealer.
He came off as a newbie who has never ordered a new vehicle before by his opening quote, what is adm and xplan?
The stunning thing is the op knew this forum is filled with, I am right and everyone else is wrong, people who would immediately ridicule him.
With that kind of attitude it's a true mystery why the OP was met with mockery, derision, and laughter....

It''s one thing to be wrong.
It's another to be wrong and a jerk.
It's another to be wrong, double down, and continue to be a jerk.

It's the worst thing to be wrong, double down, continue to be a jerk, while claiming superiority because "My dealer said"

If you treat people at your dealership the same way you bust into here on your high horse - I suspect your Bronco might be 99'd and you'll never see it.
As opposed to I saw it on Bronco6g so it must be true! OP was trying to pass info on to the rest of us and this is how you guys treat your other members wow! So glad I have a real forum I frequent and I am only here in passing! The JL forum treats Bronco owners better than this forum...roll eyes!

Last edited:

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tow package is on list and has been for months. There are constraints all across the supply chain. Have you tried to build an engine in the last year it buy a crate motor? Difficult to buy a motor or even build one because parts are hard to come by. How do I know? I work in the automotive aftermarket industry. I also made sure I didn’t have the constraints that Ford listed way back when and took delivery of one of the first 600 produced. I worked directly with the contact from Curt and it still took more time than it would have in the past to get my hitch from them. Wiring harness is available at your friendly local dealer today.

Ford Bronco Excellent Conversation with My Dealer Today Whiskey
Okay but you lost me on the "making sure I didn't have constraints" to get a build. You have a MIC top. The number one constrained item since they started building the Bronco. If you were really making sure you got built that would be a rag top. I think you were a priority build or number one allocation.

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay but you lost me on the "making sure I didn't have constraints" to get a build. You have a MIC top. The number one constrained item since they started building the Bronco. If you were really making sure you got built that would be a rag top. I think you were a priority build or number one allocation.
Further thinking on this I'm really calling bullshit. If you received one of the first 600 produced then you would have no idea what the constraints were. You basically got what you ordered in January of 2021. No one said anything about constrained items until after production was underway. Yours was built when there were no constraints.

By after market automotive industry do you mean Curt?

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This quote screams I've never done this before help.

He came off as a newbie who has never ordered a new vehicle before by his opening quote, what is adm and xplan?
The stunning thing is the op knew this forum is filled with, I am right and everyone else is wrong, people who would immediately ridicule him.

As opposed to I saw it on Bronco6g so it must be true! OP was trying to pass info on to the rest of us and this is how you guys treat your other members wow! So glad I have a real forum frequent and I am only in passing! The JL forum treats Bronco owners better than this forum...roll eyes!
If a Bronco owner came into a JL forum like a bull in a china shop and basically told everyone to pound themselves if they disagreed with him - I bet the reception would have been the same or worse.
Sponsored